1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Turning up the heat, starting tonight

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Phoenix, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I've been pushing the CT for the past two weeks. Each night soaking longer and colder. The last time it was so cold and I was so uncomfortable and I slept so poorly afterward, that today I convinced myself to change my strategy.

I remember Dr. Kruse telling someone on his blog that a higher temperature (60-65 degrees) is not a waste of time. It just means that becoming optimal will take more time. And I've got the time.

So starting tonight I'm upping my water temperature about 5-10 degrees before I take the plunge. I've decided to be patient, and go easier for awhile. I know I'll get back to 55 degree baths eventually, but for now I'm going with 60-65 degrees. Once I become comfortably acclimated to that I'll inch my way back down to 55.

Again, I'm in no hurry to do this. As long as I know I'm moving in the right direction I'm OK with it.

:cool:

2. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I am taking it slow, too. We'll get there.

3. L8F

L8F New Member

I did this too, it helped me stay in the bath, and got rid of some frank dread I was feeling. Once you are in the bath, you can always add ice if you want. Best not to burn out.

4. I agree, you've got to have time to adapt at your pace. If it's sheer dread I think you SHOULD step back. On the other hand, perhaps your just detoxing all kinds of cranky, depressed, futile feeling hormones - and you need to back off while you work through them. In a few days you could be through, feeling better, and ready to go cold!

5. JeffieJoe

JeffieJoe New Member

I'm totally with you all! I shiver for hours afterward @ 60, amazing that I'm cold but not shivering while CTing though. I'm enjoying the process and just the past two days have noticed changes... YIPEE! Little over one week into submersed CT @ 60-65 degrees and the last two days I've lost 2.5 lbs.

6. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Sounds like a good plan to me. I have backed off a bit myself - no more immersing my arms in the water. I would just shake for an hour after the bath. I was dreading putting my arms in which made me dread the bath entirely. I tend to try to rush through things to "win" and I've decided this time I'll take my time and get there whenever my body is ready. I get a lot of encouragement reading what others are experiencing and knowing that I'm not doing this alone.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

I'm very competitive too. So I kind of felt like a loser backing off. But it really worked well for me. I slept well last night, for the first time since I started CT. I'm actually looking forward to tonight's dunk. And I'll eventually get back to 55 degrees, but will definitely take my time doing it.