1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Turning off the juice....

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by RobH, Apr 24, 2014.

1. RobH

RobH Gold

For months I've been occasionally and intermittently (not often enough) turning off breakers to our bedroom at night. This has been a huge pain (thus the occasionally and intermittently) because of the location of our breaker box -- outside, around the house, through bushes, etc.

Had an electrician come out yesterday and install a 4-pole "contactor" that allows me to cut power to 3 circuits (the one feeding master bedroom / bath) area by simply flipping a cute little red switch. The switch is in master bath about 15 feet from bed (hope that's not too close...), and has MC (metal clad) shielded cable running to it. Now we can cut 3 circuits by just flipping a single switch in a convenient place. The hardware supposedly was less than $100 and it was about 2 hours of electrician time to install (waiting for bill). Wish I would have done it months ago.

My wife reports great sleep in a last night. :) I slept pretty well after getting to bed at 2:30 after a shift. :(

The confounding factor is that the other thing the electricians were hooking up was the infrared sauna.... She got in that before bed and said it was wonderful. :cool:

I've messed with 2 variables at once so not such a good experimentalist I guess.

If you haven't looked into having something like this installed -- you should. It is very convenient and thus enhances compliance....

Highly recommended.

RobH

Tanya likes this.
  2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

We did the same thing and got a kill switch for our bedroom/bath/hallway around Christmas time and along with the magnetico our sleep has been super great sinceā€¦.

Tanya likes this.
  3. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I am going to share with my husband what you had to do before you installed the kill switch, Rob:D Right now, he has to go down into our basement to get to our breaker box. Never forgets to remind me that he is doing it all just for me...If I don't want to hear him complaining anymore, we would definitely need to rewire. I know, it is not going to be as affordable as it was in your state, though - electricians here make a small fortune... I suppose, I could ask for that for my birthday... I need to start hinting it;)