1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Turmeric dose

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Billybats, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

If anyone can or is allowed to give this info.. Please help. How much to start with and what would be a max amount if there is one. I went off track with a lot of things and need to get my butt in gear to change. I have a good amount of info to work with and I Thank you from my bottom of my heart Dr. Kruse for giving us this info. I am determined to do better. I just read and printed that awesome article your wrote on another post
    Is energy flux the be all end all? I have to get my sleep right, period. That's all for now.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Is there a max dose? Maybe this is a stupid question now that I think of it. I usually listen to my gut/body. So I guess just start taking it and keep increasing it until you see/feel results.

3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Take it with fat and pepper for better absorption.I use it liberally.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  4. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Is Curcumin a part of turmeric or turmeric itself. Who uses powdered and who uses fresh.

EDIT: never mind I found the answer.

5. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I use a lot of turmeric in cooking-- and stopped taking curcumin supplements entirely.

I tended to follow the adage "if a little bit is good then a lot is better" but I am a little wiser now. Herbs and spices have many substances (phytochemicals) that can have very powerful effects on body-- good and potentially bad...depending. We should respect that and practice careful moderation.

Billybats likes this.
  6. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

Is it okay to have organic turmeric capsules with black pepper with meals? Each capsule contains 600mg of Turmeric and 5mg of Black Pepper. Capsule shell is Hydroxpropyl Methylcellulose

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Gold

8. Bonnie

Bonnie Gold

You could open the capsule and put in the food. Would that work for you?

9. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

Don’t like the taste of turmeric