1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

tummy tuck

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Bonnie, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Gold

55 yo female.(NOT a specific medical question) I am wondering if a tummy tuck is worthwhile since my belly button is completely hidden and skin laxity is becoming a problem. I am not overweight now and fully epi paleo. Delivered two 9lb. boys. I am practicing CT and wearing as little as possible in the sun when I am able.
    Thanks in advance for any feedback

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2020-2-11_13-16-26.png
    upload_2020-2-11_13-14-3.png

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    Bonnie likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think elective surgeries are superfluous but that is one decision you have to weigh for the psychological aspects.

Sandra Barton and Bonnie like this.
  4. Bonnie

Bonnie Gold

Jack’s point about weighing the decision from phycological aspects seems on point. I’m going to live along time and can’t be shy about showing skin. (Skin in the Game) Anyone want to comment on the importance of confidence?

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

How invasive is this surgery? Recovery time?
    How much C/T do you do? Do you wear a compression shirt when you C/T?

What about the technique where they freeze your belly fat? I can't remember the name of it at the moment.

Bonnie likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Confidence must come first, even before you let the sun see your tummy.

===============================================================
    My understanding is that the fat is gone and the problem is of too much skin.
    -------->loose skin

So, the question is, how to shrink excess skin (after the fat loss).

Bonnie and caroline like this.
  7. Bonnie

Bonnie Gold

Thanks so much for feedback! I really appreciate being able to share this. Caroline, when they suck fat out it’s called liposuction. I am not overweight. No fat removal necessary. They will pull up tummy and reposition belly button. I have hanging skin due to big babies. I am told recovery is 6 weeks.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Big babies are often due to high fasting insulin.
    Was it that way in these cases?

Bonnie likes this.
  9. Green Eyes

Green Eyes Silver

I had a tummy tuck and my breasts put back where they belonged after I lost a great deal of weight over 10 years ago. I walked bent over for a couple of weeks and wore an abdominal binder for awhile. It’s a personal choice and still is a positive for me to this day. I would do it again in a heart beat. But that is me.

Bonnie likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

nope - there is something else that freezes fat ....I will google and come back.

I am too scared to do any of this stuff .....

Bonnie likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Coolsculpting

Bonnie likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2020-2-12_10-47-20.png

Bonnie, Green Eyes and Lahelada like this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am not a doctor.
    but
    I would be thinking about
    #1.circadian rhythm
    #2. Optimization of hormones (their binding proteins, etc) that are directly regulated by pituitary gland
    #3. Look into TRH (that (among other things) tells pituitary what to do.
    #4. Use Spectracell's tests to guide my micronutrient optimization

The pituitary is often referred to as the "master gland" because of its influence on other hormone-secreting glands of the endocrine system.
    So,
    you want to check (and possibly help) the master. ----->>(TRH)
    ----------
    upload_2020-2-12_12-5-54.png

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    Bonnie and caroline like this.