1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Trying to find the energy to go!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Angelarose82, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

Currently, I am 34 years old, 182 lbs at 5'8''. I have lived in Sri Lanka for 7 years. We live close to the beach and right on the edge of a small town.

My best guess of what is going on is that I have Fibromyalgia, with chronic fatigue. My mother and mothers' mother have Fibromyalgia. I have had arthritis like pain since I was a teenager. Aversion to cold. I constantly had cold feet until January 2016. Before Keto, I had food cravings, sugar cravings, and daily episodes of shaking and sweating, worse if I was late to a meal. I still get hot and feelings of low blood sugar when it is near meal time. Foggy brain is still a problem though much improved since I started the Leptin Reset. I still have days where I have bad coordination, foggy brain, high fatigue, and heart palpitations.

Obviously leptin resistant, probably since childhood. Typical SAD.

I have delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). Over the last few years it has grown progressively worse. If I exercise 24 hours later I will be in sever pain. Headache and tension from heel to head on the back side of my body. Last about 4 days. Typically I can do very little to relieve the pain. I use to use Ibuprofen 800mg up to 3 times a day. I have quit Ibuprofen. Every few weeks I test my DOMS by completing 5 squats. Last week my pain was significantly reduced and still lasted 4 days.

I have never had an official diagnosis but a acupuncturist once told me that I seemed like I might have PCOS. I have many of the symptoms. With the onset of puberty at 11, I have had heart palpitations, mood issues, facial hair (on chin), painful heavy menstruation, acne in teen years, and headaches that are like clock work. I have had weight issues since I was 19. Reoccurring infections on my thighs. Spider veins on my legs starting at 16.

I was in the Army Reserve from 1999-2006. Weight issues became prominent early on through a combination of excessive exercise and poor nutrition. From ages 19-22 my military career was dominate by my failure to lose weight. I finally lost weight during duty in Afghanistan by restricting my food intake to only Trader Joes food boxes that my mother sent me and exercising twice daily. At that time I was taking about 2-3 grams of Ibuprofen a day for my chronic back pain. Upon returning to the real world my weight slowly returned.

I developed depression and suicidal thoughts that subsequently led me to seek out a psychologist and then a psychiatrist. I tried many pills and settled on Lexapro (SSRI) and was on it for a year. Frankly, what it did was make feel neutral. I had no emotions. Shortly after getting off Lexapro I fired my psychiatrist. I then changed therapist. Mood issues have dominated my life since puberty. My belief was that I was hormonally imbalanced. No doctor gave me any help. I was "normal" and just fat (eat less and exercise more). Thanks to Dr. Kruse I can see that I was and still am in fact hormonally imbalanced. By tracking my months I can see that I typically (but not consistently) have mood issues (anti-social behavior, fear, anger, disordered thinking, fatigue) during 2 weeks of the month. For years I have tried to change my thinking and moderate my behavior with short lived success. If I could manage to make it through a menstruation without freaking out, I would have a breakdown the following week. I learned to warn my husband of my impending emotional craziness and we could manage to get through my monthly sessions with less stress to him and our relationship.

About 6 years ago, I had my gallbladder removed because I had stones. Interestingly enough, I went to the doctor because I had pain and indigestion so badly. The indigestion did not resolve till I changed over to a low carb diet. I have a DVD of the surgery and I think I can see some liver damage. About 3 years ago, I had mononucleosis and a full body rash. No doctor could tell me what the rash was. I was completely red all over my body and I felt like I was swollen. After two days my skin was very itchy. All in all it took two weeks for the rash to resolve. After the mono I was tired all the time. My belly fat expanded quickly after this point and the rest of my body swelled in concert regardless of my nutritional and exercise efforts.

Depression deepened and suicidal thoughts returned. I was tiring more quickly and my mood swings were including more scary swings of intense anger. In October of 2014, I started getting sores on my legs that would not heal. Antibiotics helped some but they were small persistent wounds.

I started a ketogenic diet based on "Low Carbohydrate Living" and "The New Atkins for a New You" in December 2015. After 8 months I lost 50 lbs (starting weight was 240 lbs) and I was in bed for 80% of the time. Almost immediately, I felt relief from low level chronic pain that has been so apart of my life that I didn't even realize that it was constant and having such a dramatic affect on my mood. I thought with weight loss I would begin to feel some energy but it never happened. I started looking through YouTube videos looking for something more and that is when I discovered Dr. Jack Kruse. I am currently on the third reading of "Epi-Paleo RX…". Reading the blogs at a slow pace. On week 5 of Leptin Reset.

My first few days of Leptin Reset I developed a sun rash on my forearms. On week three, I tried to do some early morning stretching in the sun and I developed a rash over 50% of my body excluding my arms. Very itchy. The rash seemed like two types of rash. Part was like the sun rash and the other was like the Mono rash. I used ice packs to try and treat the itchiness. I would pick the worst itching places and ice for as long as possible. At night I would sleep with the ice pack. I was sleeping very hot on my skin but also feeling cold inside. I tried using ice water on my face but I find that brain freeze is limiting my ability to stay submerged.

Seafood is now my number one go to food. I found the information about iodine very helpful and the result is less pain. Shrimp, squid, crab, fish, fish eggs, and seaweed are daily foods. I just started taking D3 and K2. I take time release vitamin C 1 gram am and pm. Omega 3 fish oils. Also taking an iron free multivitamin. Besides fish and seaweed, I try to eat brazil nuts and/or pumpkin seeds (I am not fond of nuts) for magnesium. I also eat green vegetables like broccoli and brussel sprouts, as well as a wild picked spinach (I think it is a pseudo spinach). Espresso twice a day and green tea. I eat three meals a day without snacking. BAB is mainly eggs with cream and butter plus fish eggs or cod liver or shrimp or left over crab. Lunch is usually fish or crab or shrimp depending on the catch of the day. Dinner is either seafood or meat. All meat is grass-fed here except some pigs but we only buy small feral pigs if we want pork. Beef we prefer older cows 6+ years. Goat is available. No chicken. Chicken eggs till my ducklings start laying eggs.

Questions

Can I drink green tea anytime of day? I don't add anything to the tea.

Should I use the D3 (5000IU) twice a day till I no longer get skin rashes?

With the Vitamin K2 (Mk-4 (as menatetrenone) 500mcg and MK-7 (as menaquinone-7) 100mcg) do I take it only once a day and does it matter what time of day?

With the Omega 3 fish oils 300mg ,can I take this to increase my Omega 3's toward 4g? Right now I am just over 2g a day with diet.

With CT does it do me any damage to do the ice water on the face if I get brain freeze within two minutes?

Can I do full body CT to treat my full body rashes when they recur?

In addition, my husband was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic in November of 2015. We like to think that his getting diagnosed was the best thing that ever happen for us because our lives are so improved. My husband has had fungus problems first dental with sinus infections and a infection in his armpit. The tooth is dead (root canal) and the sinus infection comes and goes weekly. He uses nasal wash daily. He uses antifungal cream on his under arm. Can we contaminate each other with fungus? Twice a year with the rain fungus is visible spreading over everything - how do we protect ourselves?

With regard to grounding outside, I am worried about getting worm infections because this place is very alive. We have two dogs and they have to be treated for worms every month. Deworming is basically poison and generally makes me feel ill (our dogs also feel sick) is it necessary for me to deworm every month?

We recently remodeled our bedroom and it now resembles a cave with one small window facing the rising sun. New AC. New bed. Well insulated from the heat.

When I do extra activities or when we travel to the main city (two hours both ways plus time at location) I have more heart palpitations.

I am taking birth control. I know this is an issue but my stress from thinking I might get pregnant is at this moment quite great. I have still to get the labs done. I have to work with a friend who is a doctor here to write the prescription. Our doctor friend freely admits that he is incapable of understanding. He still thinks my husbands blood sugar will eventually be high again and insists that my husband eat fruit for his health.

I realize the labs are important and I will work to get them done.

I am grateful for all the information provided by Dr. Kruse and by members of this forum for their invaluable tips.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome Angela....

give Dr. K. some health history ....your Mom's and Gran's and siblings

how much NNemf in your home? work?

Do you have blue blockers?

all electronics out of the bedroom?

please read John Ott's book ..... Health and Light

Do you listen to Jack's podcasts? easy, fast way to get info.....

If you can manage it ..... become a gold member and you will have access to all Jack's webinars and the monthly live Q&A - where you can ask Jack anything.

3. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

Thank you Caroline.
    Mother - to what I know- has fibromyalgia. chronic dieter. never obese. Emotional problems.
    Mother's mother - 80 years old, fibromyalgia, prediabetic, low potassium, she take a lot of pills. Slim most her life until after 60s where she grew a belly and lost it and currently has the belly. Depression.
    mother's father - died at 80. I am unaware of problems he had. His death followed a bad fall.
    Father -71, Diabetic, As a veteran he has been diagnosed through the VA system as having bipolar, schizophrenia, Hep. C. - He doesn't take any pills. Hep C is not active. History of one stroke.
    Father's mother die at 100 - to my knowledge she had cataracts and was quite round in body.
    My half brother (same mother)- suffers from depression, suicidal thoughts, obese, SAD, chronic dieter, chronic pain (self medicates with pot).

I will figure out what NNemf means and get back to you.

I have blue blockers. Just got them in the mail a couple of days ago. I have very sensitive eyes and light just hurts but the glasses really help relieve the pain in my eyes. Especially from computer use.

Our bedroom still has a TV and AC, that is it. Our house is made of concrete and brick.

I will have to look up the rest and educate myself.

Thank you for your help.

4. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

My sun rash is back. I was in the sun for less than 5 minutes attending to some farm animals and by evening I see some puffiness on my arms. My skin is also itchy. Scalp, forearms, lower back, high hip, and front on my lower legs are all itchy. My face is a bit red. This is like my other rash I had two weeks ago but not as bad. Yet. My mood is irritable and I feel stressed about everything. This usually leaves me feeling as though I should withdraw from socializing or interacting only to save everyone (including myself) from the emotional fire that is burning. It almost seems like the skin is bubbling up from the stress burning inside. I am starting to feel the irritation come on earlier than when I use to notice and it is a warning of the impending inflammation building. I am not sure what I can do to jump on the inflammation except jump into the CT.

I guess I have some reading to do.

Also I remembered that my mother was taking a lot of sleeping pills at one point; my mother's mother has restless leg syndrome and I remember when I was young my grandmother saying that when she took sleeping pills it felt like she was awake and aware of every noise and movement but unable to move. I use to be able to sleep anywhere. In college I would go to class and come home and sleep for 3 hours get up and eat dinner and go back to sleep all night. The last few years I have found that I can rarely take a nap and still go to sleep at bedtime. I have always been an early to bed person. I can take a nap if I feel a illness coming on.

That is all for now. Thank you.

5. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

Yesterday we went to the city and had to eat lunch there. Nothing optimal to eat. I found that last night my skin became more itchy and red and hot. The rash started to spread. I woke up around midnight all itchy and I had to get one of my ice packs for my belly. Maybe the lack of Omega 3 in the meal allowed the inflammation to grow. I started using fresh ground flax seeds (ground up in my Vitamix). I remembered that way back in 2004 or so, I lost weight after a very long struggle, and one of the things that I was eating was flax oil. I had no idea what flax was but my mother sent it to me in Afghanistan and I took some of it every day. Hopefully it will help with the inflammation.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

NNemf = non native EMF

Cell towers? electric/hydro lines? computers? TV? phones? etc.

How do you feel in the ocean?

Are you okay with dairy???

Take the face dunks slowly ....what temp is your water? cold showers?

Baby steps.....

7. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

My rash is full body. Hot and itchy. I am bordering on insanity. I filled a kiddy pool with water and all the ice I could get and only got the temperature to 18 degrees C. Felt relieved from the itching for the time that the pool was cool. Not even close to 12 degrees C goal. But that was all the ice I had.
    Showers are not very cold. The weather is tropical and the water is tanked and stored at what ever the temperature is on the day. Best guess is that it never goes below 19 degrees C.
    I consume cream and butter and ghee. I don't think I ever had problems with dairy but who knows.

We have one tv (only internet no cable) in our bedroom hooked up through the brick wall to our office where most of our electronics are located. Most everything is wired because my husband hates WiFi. I have a cell phone that I rarely use. I make about one phone call a month. I do read books on my phone if I am away from home. I have a laptop to get the internet.

AC unit is necessary to sleep at night.

I do not swim in the ocean as it is so dangerous here. I've never been so scared of the ocean. The beaches are usually hot and covered in garbage.

8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Hi

perhaps try with ice "soap"? In the past I've made up a block of ice the size of a bar of soap, stood in the cool shower and "soaped" myself down, just skimming it over my skin surface to avoid ice burn, and flipping the ice to the other hand if my hand got too cold (or use a glove). :)

Angelarose82 likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Questions

Can I drink green tea anytime of day? I don't add anything to the tea.

Can you? Yes. I would not. During daytime is best

Should I use the D3 (5000IU) twice a day till I no longer get skin rashes?

Depends on context without it hard to say.

With the Vitamin K2 (Mk-4 (as menatetrenone) 500mcg and MK-7 (as menaquinone-7) 100mcg) do I take it only once a day and does it matter what time of day?

If youre using D3 and K2 to raise the D3 faster taking it three times a day is more wise.

With the Omega 3 fish oils 300mg ,can I take this to increase my Omega 3's toward 4g? Right now I am just over 2g a day with diet.
    Not a fan of fish oil pills........seafood yes.

With CT does it do me any damage to do the ice water on the face if I get brain freeze within two minutes?
    CT will always help. In fact CT ing your rash makes sense.

Can I do full body CT to treat my full body rashes when they recur?
    see above

In addition, my husband was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic in November of 2015. We like to think that his getting diagnosed was the best thing that ever happen for us because our lives are so improved. My husband has had fungus problems first dental with sinus infections and a infection in his armpit. The tooth is dead (root canal) and the sinus infection comes and goes weekly. He uses nasal wash daily. He uses antifungal cream on his under arm. Can we contaminate each other with fungus? Twice a year with the rain fungus is visible spreading over everything - how do we protect ourselves?

His diagnosis make me think your environment is BAD with nnEMF. Blue light tops the list. No contamination but you likely share bugs.........and you don't need his right now. Sunlight does wonders for fungal infections FYI

With regard to grounding outside, I am worried about getting worm infections because this place is very alive. We have two dogs and they have to be treated for worms every month. Deworming is basically poison and generally makes me feel ill (our dogs also feel sick) is it necessary for me to deworm every month?

Stop worrying. Ground all the time.

We recently remodeled our bedroom and it now resembles a cave with one small window facing the rising sun. New AC. New bed. Well insulated from the heat.

Bad. Plan to get out when you can. I have a sense the environment your in is the real issue.

When I do extra activities or when we travel to the main city (two hours both ways plus time at location) I have more heart palpitations.

see my last point. You need a trimeter, gaussmeter and maybe good RF detector.

I am taking birth control. I know this is an issue but my stress from thinking I might get pregnant is at this moment quite great. I have still to get the labs done. I have to work with a friend who is a doctor here to write the prescription. Our doctor friend freely admits that he is incapable of understanding. He still thinks my husbands blood sugar will eventually be high again and insists that my husband eat fruit for his health.

Birth control is not good for you considering what you posted. How about rubbers?

Work on your environment first. Hacking it should come before labs in my opinion.

Lahelada likes this.
  10. prime1

prime1 New Member

Sinus issues like infection - possible MARCoNS. Get a swab kit from http://www.microbiologydx.com/ Find a Shoemaker Cert doc to treat the infection.

I like to add Ginger and Gynostemma to my organic green tea. I would imagine that's ok?

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

What is on the other side of your bedroom walls? Primarily the wall where your head would be?

Underneath? Overhead?

12. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

At the head of the bed wall is nothing. An open space with windows and a stair case going down. One outlet but it is turned off. No wires in the walls except that outlet.
    Underneath is kitchen. A refrigerator and a coffee machine. I cook outside. Over head is just the insulation and the roof (clay tiles).
    To one side is the office where we have computers, printer and the landline, and the internet is wired to this room.
    The other two sides are to the outside. Nothing.
    The house is basic and barely wired. We had to add wiring to accommodate a regular refrigerator.

Thanks for the help and your time.

13. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

thanks for the advice I will look into this.

14. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

Thank You Doc. I will get to work and update when I make some progress.

caroline likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you turn off all that stuff at nite?

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Welcome,

Angelarose82
    34 years old, 182 lbs at 5'8''

I have Fibromyalgia, with chronic fatigue. My mother and mothers' mother have Fibromyalgia.

bad light
    bad Circadian Rhythm
    sunlight replaced with electric light

Sri Lanka Latitude 7.00° N, 8
    lots of good sunlight there, use it
    spend lots time outside, naked, not inside covered in clothes
    no sunscreens, no eyeglasses
    you are wearing glasses, minimize that, specially when outside
    ================================================================

Post where you are now, say ZIP code or country + latitude

I might have PCOS. I have many of the symptoms. With the onset of puberty at 11, I have had heart palpitations, mood issues, facial hair (on chin), painful heavy menstruation, acne in teen years, and headaches that are like clock work.

low progesterone
    low freeT3, (low thyroid + high GI carbohydrate diet)
    GI=Glycemic Index

Get over internet:
    https://dutchtest.com/
    DUTCH Cycle Mapping & Complete Bundle $599.00
    https://dutchtest.com/shop/
    https://dutchtest.com/resource/dutch-cycle-mapping-complete-sample-report/
    https://dutchtest.com/video/dutch-complete-overview/

eat selenium & Lugols solution (iodine + potassium Iodide)
    1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)
    1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3B49R2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

after 3-4 months on selenium+Lugol's
    get thyroid Panel (TSH, T4, FT4, T3, FT3, RT3)(+antibodies)
    if
    FT3 is not in upper 1/4 of laboratory range
    start thyroid hormone supplementation using (Natural Thyroid Hormone from pigs)
    for that to be effective
    you will have to get your cortisol and DHEAs (as per DUTCH test) in at least somewhat reasonable levels.
    That highly depends on you sun exposure management
    sun exposure management= (night=total darkness)+(day starts by looking at sunrise, minimal clothing during day, there must be time in the day when your scrotal area and breasts see sunlight)
    Do not
    supplement with vit D
    but
    get tested and then you can asses compliance to light exposure by your vit D level.
    aim at
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)
    include sulfur and carotenoids in your diet
    onions, garlic, leeks, MSM
    carrots, tomatoes, peppers

With sun light it is about timing and total amount.
    You can also get idea by looking at your cortisol profile (included in DUTCH)

==============================================
    Reoccurring infections

check fatty acids
    Ibuprofen 800mg up to 3 times a day

that further messes up micronutrients
    daily episodes of shaking and sweating, worse if I was late to a meal

low blood sugar, high insulin (insulin resistant)

do not eat
    sugar, anything with wheat or other high GI food, fruits
    emphasize fat in diet, increase good fat, specially saturated fat
    coconut oil, palm oil, butter, beef lard, pork lard, chicken fat, duck fat, olive oil, avocado oil

gallbladder removed
    I am taking birth control.
    (bad news, you will have to change method of contraception that would not further mess up your hormones)

Our doctor friend freely admits that he is incapable of understanding.

Good news to have friend doctor who admits his shortcomings.
    Hopefully he will come thru when you ask him for specific tests and scripts.

===============================================
    Mother's mother - 80 years old..............

Mom can benefit also from dr Kruses wisdom

light
    nnEMF
    mostly high fat content and low GI diet, but dependent on latitude, altitude, seasons, haplotype,

note,
    use of blue-blockers encourages blue light exposure (ie; minimize reason for using them)

sunlight =we evolved in sunlight its timing and frequency content at different times of day and seasons
    artificial light does not have this qualities

I started using fresh ground flax seeds (ground up in my Vitamix).
    fish oil

Many of your problems are likely due to unbalanced fatty acids
    do not eat flax seed or fish/krill oils

you will need fatty acids analysis to figure out your particular needs

Good, here is a list of helpful labs:

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/
    LONG LIST for LabCorp (post #4)
    note that it ends with
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    ---

DUTCH Cycle Mapping & Complete Bundle (as above)
    ---

https://www.spectracell.com/order/
    Micronutrient Test (MNT)
    https://www.spectracell.com/patients/find-a-drawsite/
    ---

https://www.gdx.net/tests/alphabetical

Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis™ (CDSA 2.0)

Post results of those test in the form of PDF file.

////////////////////////////////////////////////

wounds
    infection
    inflammation
    diabetes
    vitamins, minerals, micronutrients, fatty acids

////////////////////

good idea to also visit allergist
    get 1/2hr allergy skin testing

////////////////////

17. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

I am grateful for all the info. I am trying to fix my skin issues. Every time I am in the sun for a few seconds (literally) I get bumps and then later it swells and gets red and itchy. Right now I have red, itchy, and puffiness legs, back, stomach, breast, and worst on my arms, neck and face. if I am incapable of eating more fish for omega 3 what are you recommending. I mean that I literally stuff myself with fresh seafood, shrimp, squid, mackerel but my dietary intake still not helping with my skin problems which probably means that I am not absorbing Vit. D through my damaged skin. Plus the itching all night long is enough to drive a person to suicide. my hands just started getting bumps and it hurts and doesn't itch much.
    I don't take Ibuprofen anymore.
    If I told my family members about this diet they would call me crazy and I would rather not get into an argument with my 80 year old grandmother about the health or lack of health benefits of bread. She doesn't get it and she can argue for weeks on any subject. I don't speak to my mother.
    I don't have wounds anymore.

I live in Sri Lanka, I am from Oregon. I can't walk around naked because my neighbors will have me committed plus I already have a full body rash and don't need anymore boiled flesh. Did I mention the itching is driving me crazy. I have been doing CT as best I can. Cold showers are not cold here because it is hot everyday all day.

Most likely all my issues started when I was young and living in Oregon because when I arrived in Sri Lanka 7 years ago I was fat, sick, and depressed already.

Thanks again for spending the time to give me your advice. I will take anything I can get.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

what about diluting some organic apple cider vinegar in distilled water and dabbing it on yourself for some relief from the itching?

19. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

I can try. The worst itching is when I am in bed at night when I am trying to sleep. My belly, arms, and neck. Not sure that the smell or stickiness would go over well. But if I don't have ice I will definitely consider this while I am awake.

20. Angelarose82

Angelarose82 New Member

My husband and I got 3 blocks of ice yesterday and it was nice to sit in the cool water. I left the water over night to see what the morning temperature would be and it is 24 degrees C or 75 degrees F. That is about as cold as the tropics can get.