1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Trying to figure out some weird memory stuff...

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by cantweight, Aug 29, 2014.

1. cantweight

cantweight Gold

My short term memory has been making its way to a state of mush over the last year. Schoolwork has been beyond difficult where it was once enjoyable, I am missing turns and getting lost while driving frequently, have found myself dicing vegetables for a meal I am preparing and throwing them directly into the trash instead of the pot. The kids or my husband will ask me to do something, I will say yes then forget what they said the minute they leave the room...it is annoying and frustrating for everyone and i fear it reaching the level is was once before where I was not fully functioning.

The weird part in all of this is my long term memory is exploding with long lost facts, experiences, even scents....

This has been my body's MO for far too long....the whole give and take thing. And although all these past memories have been enjoyable I'd much prefer to function in the present than recall the past....for now anyway.

I am assuming this is once again the whole DHA where it wants to be and not where it needs to be, but to be honest Im not sure I get that whole concept.

2. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Hmm, how do you know that where it wants to be isn't where it needs to be, first :)? I don't think we are very much good enough at understanding our biology to easily 'know' such things at the conscious level.

If it has been a progressive degeneration over the year's time, then it would seem there are variables at play which you haven't yet addressed. This of course could range anywhere from internal&subconscious to external factors... Only you know these best, but luckily you've been a Kruser for a while now which means you've been paying attention to your body, and since your long term memory is working strong it can help you analyze the year's happenings :)

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

True, perhaps I should have said DHA is where it wants to be and not where I want it to be...

Its just odd that long term is blossoming prolifically while short term is encroaching on a state of boobery...

4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Just a hunch but how about stress/ cortisol levels? I suffered this last year and it had to do with high cortisol. The latter is supposition on my part as it went hand in hand with pain and tightness between the shoulder blades.
    Maybe what is causing your memory variation is due to two different things. To me the stress and lack of short term memory was a vicious circle and the worry aboit forgetting made it spiral higher. Maybe it is as simple as teaching yourself to say so what if the veggies are in the bin,they are plate decorations only anyway and notnreally needed . It might help to calm things.

cantweight likes this.
  5. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Ya know Lahe I have wondered about this before....I have a ridiculously sunny disposition, we laughed absurdly about the veggies in the trash bin but I have to wonder if my positive attitude may be masking what my body is still perceiving as stress. People often comment about how much I have on my plate and while I dont see it as a bad thing perhaps I need to be more mindful of my body. I also have an issue with B6 levels being chronically low and I imagine that exacerbates the issue.
    A disconnect between calm/happy mind and calm /happy body?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

After Tensegrity 4 you will have this figured out.......I promise.

cantweight likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am struggling with the DHA concept too.

cantweight likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Uh..........you wont much longer. It will be crystal clear.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

so - I was just talking to Josh about this .... I was worried I was being particularly thick....... you know - the lights are on but no one is home ....

I said to Josh ..... Jack hasn't given us much on this yet then? he said it is very complicated.....

okay then.... waiting, waiting, waiting.....

10. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Lol Audrey....after everything I read Ive been shrugging my shoulders and thinking....just eat more fish I guess!

Im trying put this massive wad of DHA/magnetism/and hydration coupled with CT to work blindly....but what the hell eh? ;)

I will say I am seeing a lot of positives in my youngest son lately. A lot less leg/foot pain and more energy.

Even myself my vocabulary and memory have become flooded with words I havent used in quite some times and all manner of old memories....its kind of wild.

Shijin13 likes this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think we are just along for the ride! LOL Did you listen to the last podcast?

How can we possibly know what a neurosurgeon knows? especially and particularly this one??????

Dr. K. makes the case - once again..... we don't have to speak Chinese - to enjoy Chinese food.

I am really counting on this being true!

and ..... The word is .... WTF - it about covers everything as far as I can see! I think that is the biggest thing I have learned from JK.

I don't know if that is really sad .... or really enlightened!

I keep wanting to have a brain like everyone else here .... never gonna happen....It is too bad that I can't accept that!!!

Are you managing with your school stuff?

12. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Im not taking classes this semester, i do need to take a placement test though and i am a little nervous about the math....I really suck at math especially algebra! Im sure my high school algebra teacher would laugh her ass off knowing I actually did need to use it again in my future after I swore up and down I wouldnt. Karma's a bitch! :p

I'm doing quite well otherwise...my energy is better than it has been in quite some time.

Dont worry about not having a super doc brain....this site would be boring if we all thought the same way...embrace the way you look at things, I bet there are many who wish they could see what you see...

Shijin13 likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

How are the kiddos doing?

why not get an algebra tutor for a bit ... and take the pressure off?

Thanks for the kind thoughts ......

14. Inger

Inger Silver

maybe.. just maybe, it is a bad thing for you - at this point of your life?

Cantweight,
    can you shorten your "what to do" list?

I cannot help to think about the book "the monk who sold his ferrari.."

I really wonder if it si going to be hard to heal if we cannot take time to just.... be......
    I personally feel i need lot of that time for healing. Time to spend in the nature, time with no demands....
    Would it be possible for you to organize it different?
    I see in the family where i work, the parents are both vets.. and they are so stressed. But I can clearly see they would not need to.. it is their choice.... they could have a totally less stressy life if they were willing to give up something.. to get way more of life. They clearly are not happy about their situation and are way overworked... But they are so lovely people too, it is just like they are prisoners somehow?
    it is kind of weird to see how many live today. It is kind of sad too and makes me wonder why
    I sometimes wonder tho, maybe i have gotten so slow...... like from another planet and just watch this weird world we live in, puzzled..lol

I do think women especially should really be careful with stress.....

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Christi

I love your outlook. Glad you're taking the semester off... I say focus on you! get the kiddos in school on tuesday - then just hit the CT Tank and relax. I'm aiming to get back in the tank this weekend....

cantweight likes this.
  16. cantweight

cantweight Gold

You are right Inger, I will take what you said to heart and see if I can shorten my to do list. I am not one of those moms that strives to do everything for everyone and run around all stressed and caffeinated....its just not me. I learned that lesson years ago....no happiness or good health comes from living that way.

BUT....I do have 3 kids and they are happy playing sports, learning drums and guitar and piano and getting involved with school activities.... 9, 12, and 14....busy ages! I really enjoy watching them grow and play....even though juggling their schedules can be a stress and hassle, I'm just so happy they are well enough to do all of this, where in the past they were not.

As for my schooling it is hard and quite stressful but I love it! I love learning and the joy of accomplishing something difficult.

We are also renovating our home which has been the hardest thing over the past 2 years. It seems we are moving on to the parts that will be more fun now...like landscaping.

Kiddos are back to school on Tuesday and I will focus on me time...I promise! Quite looking forward to it :)

nicld and caroline like this.
  17. Inger

Inger Silver

maybe you can do some "me" time together with your kiddos too.. like rolling around in the grass... doing stuff that are healing to you all.. laying lazy in the sun on the grass, just cuddling, talking..etc :) maybe you do it already, i think so :)
    if you are able to heal even if you do schooling + mom and it is stressful, that is great! But if not... maybe sometimes we cannot have the cake and eat it too... so then we have to give things up.... i think life is also much about, giving up stuff. But we will always gain something way better!

My mom had 15 kids.. but she was never stressed or sick. But she was always home with us and did not go to work/school. She still to this day (62 yo) is very very healthy and fit :) I always thought t be a mom and wife is full time work - so much to do in a home!
    But maybe you are strong enough to do multiple tasking :) you just need to feel deep inside, what is it that you need, and you will find the answer :) :) :)
    :love:

18. cantweight

cantweight Gold

My favorite days this summer were spent in the sun, on the grass, reading, chatting and laughing with the kids....honestly i hate that they are going back to school :(

I really do like going to school myself, it only became more stressful when my brain got wonky....maybe a chicken and egg situation...I dont know. If I dont pass this test in September it will change everything...I may have to find a new path....but I am trusting that what is meant to be will be.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

The simple pleasures of life ..... we are learning here .... they are the very best. We are using Mother Nature as our straight edge! I heard that somewhere.......

cantweight likes this.