1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Trouble With Blacklights

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by AdamF, Mar 5, 2018.

1. AdamF

AdamF New Member

I've tried multiple blacklight bulbs and they're all emitting a lot of blue -- are there any out there that only emit up to the violet range or better yet, emit no visible light at all? (Bulbs, not the fluorescent tube).

I know that Jack has a few but I don't know which ones he's using.

2. kris90

kris90 New Member

Which ones have you used? Did you measure the blue emitted?

3. AdamF

AdamF New Member

4. kris90

kris90 New Member

Hmm I use the Sunlite bulb and haven't had any issues. I'm not sure they emit blue in the range that would be disruptive to melatonin. I could be wrong though.

5. AdamF

AdamF New Member

Which bulbs are you using?

6. kris90

kris90 New Member

The sunlite one you posted. The first one.

7. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Ya you guys gotta get a spectrometer. You can buy one that photographers use to find out for sure. Until I get one im not using mine after sunset. Jack is using a brand sold at battery and bulbs in the US. These are not avalable for Kris and I because were canucks.

8. AdamF

AdamF New Member

Thanks Kris, do you know which ones?

I found these: https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/cfl10858

-- The other way to do it is with polyethylene filters for the purple range and use incandescents, theater lighting companies have these but I'd rather do the blacklight, though that may change.

9. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

They were duracell I believe. They are mentioned on the forum if you google also in an old blog physicins guest blog 2 I believe.

10. kris90

kris90 New Member

11. kris90

kris90 New Member

http://www.lightingsupply.com/articles/black-lights-blacklight-blue-bulbs/

12. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member