1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Tropical Foods

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Technosmith, Aug 22, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I am testing a coffee now that has tested well......so I may get behind it. I am sending a few samples out for testing because not all lots will be the same. We need a range and I hoping the range is tight and not loose.

WalterNL, Summer, caroline and 2 others like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do you must describe content of your sample?

///

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I do for the industrial gas company doing it. They have become interested in my work now.

Mayuri and JanSz like this.
  5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Schadenfreude: The joy felt at laughing at others misfortune. Literally translated "Joy about damage"

6. Mayuri

Mayuri Silver

Yes, today listened to your 3 part podcast on Health Cast - they were grreat.
    Amazing info in them.
    I passed them on, Doc. , to my friends and family all over the globe.

The political pathway to stop the roll out of 5G has got to be feasible though because currently there are Bills being considered in different states, and if the people were aware they could oppose it - before the Bill passes - & honestly not everyone can leave the city. I watched a video, that I found on this forum, that showed President Trump approving 5G as he thinks it will only create jobs. His cabinet member in charge of Health and Human Servieds would listen to you.

Thanks so much for looking out for all of us.
    Revisited the podcast with Dave Asprey too on flying. . .
    Back for more tomorrow.
    Hats off!

NEW PODCAST SERIES OUT ON 5G NETWORKS AND BIOLOGY:
    1. New podcast on 5G; PART 1: http://healthcastnow.libsyn.com/dr-...hallenges-to-optimized-health-wellness-part-1
    2. New podcast on 5G today PART 2: http://healthcastnow.libsyn.com/dr-...enges-to-optimized-health-amp-wellness-part-2
    3. New podcast on 5G today PART 3: http://healthcastnow.libsyn.com/dr-...enges-to-optimized-health-amp-wellness-part-3

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Dean6789, Alex97232 and Jan Christer like this.
  7. Nueng KetoDaddy

Nueng KetoDaddy New Member

Hi all,

I've the question:

All carb should be consumed when it's season in your geo but shouldn't exceed your calories needed since complex-1 which activate by UV light will determine that is match. All fat (meat, seafood, avocado, nut and seed, etc) can be eaten all year round since most of it goes to complex-2 whereby less effect for UV light.

Is it correct?

Dean6789 and Jan Christer like this.
  8. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

Great question!

And which complexes are you referring to?

Nueng KetoDaddy likes this.
  9. Nueng KetoDaddy

Hi Jan Christer,
    Complex 1 and 2 refer to Cytochrome 1 (NADH entering) and Cytochrome 2 (FADH2 entering) in mitochondria. I'm not sure if this assumption is correct or not. Need some verification still.

Jan Christer likes this.
  10. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Would be cool if that worked out.

11. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

Thank you Nueng for your reply!

Do you know where one can find more info about carbs vs. fat going to which cytochrome, and UV light involved etc?
    It would be good to learn more about this.

Nueng KetoDaddy likes this.
  12. Nueng KetoDaddy

I heard from Dr.Jack Kruse's talk on youtube somewhere. hahaha... Actually, it is my question to him if he can confirm on this.

Jan Christer likes this.
  13. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Here an excerpt from an email I received this week from a farmer:

"Pork is the most widely eaten meat, making up 38% of meat production worldwide.

Historically, pork has been a staple in traditional diets for thousands of years. Wild hogs were hunted in the wild and then eventually domesticated. Also historically, pork has been banned in cultures and religions for thousands of year. What’s the big deal? To eat pork or not to eat pork?

Blood: By reviewing live blood samples, the Weston A. Price Foundation determined that eating plain cooked pork has a negative effect on our blood. It causes clotting and biochemical inflammation and eventually chronic disease. These results brought shame to pigs.

On the other hand, Dr. Price observed many traditional people healthfully eating pork. It’s one of the oldest foods. What’s going on here?

The secret is that each traditional culture eats pork in a particular way – by marinating in vinegar or fermenting or curing or accompanying it with a fermented veggie. This counteracts the negative effects. Amazing!"

What's your take on this? Are these "negative effects" real"? Is there anything to the idea of needing to add some fermenting ingredients (or ACV, etc.)?

Earth Monkey likes this.
  14. drezy

drezy New Member

It is interesting that the very very pork eating Germans usually pair their pork with kraut. The Chinese usually pair pork with veggies but seem to be 50/50 or less with fermented veggie pairings.

I think the fattiness and amount of pork I eat would be a challenge for many people. That's my main guess.

Fat absorption (including absorption of dietary vitamin D,E,A,& K) is like a digestive relay race involving more of your digestive system than other nutrients. If anything falls out from a digestive system beating I think fat absorption is one of the first functions to fall out.

I will say that more traditional Goan Pork Vindaloo ( https://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/pork-vindaloo-spicy-goanese-pork-stew#comment-link-to ) disappears amazingly fast in my house. If you cook and aren't too sensitive to some heat you owe it to yourself to try that recipe out. Since you're on this forum the minuscule 1/2 tsp turmeric needs an obvious boost. Also FWIW I've skipped the tamarind paste and not really missed it.

Earth Monkey and Alex97232 like this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Answer delivered in Vermont 2018.

drezy likes this.
  16. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Nice.