1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Tried this for the first time

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by healthman, Sep 28, 2013.

1. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Yup, but not nearly so often as showers. I think they both have their pluses. Any CT is good CT! :D

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I really have to talk myself into the baths lately ......but I love going to the ocean everyday......it just isn't cold enough.

So maybe with cold showers and the ocean and C/T a couple times of week I should be okay .....I know, I know more is always better.........

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yesterday I tried dunking my head earlier in the bath, at 34F. I only lasted 40 seconds at this colder temp. And I ended up cutting my bath short because I was getting gentle tremors constantly. So next time I'll wait until the end of my bath!

Today I don't have time for CT, so I just got a bowl, some 'cubes, MgSO4, and RO water (yay no fluoride!) and dunked my head. Easy peasy, just like when I started CT with face dunks. I can definitely do this every day, either the full bath or dunking my skull. Oops, forgot my face.

4. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I've been using the shower as I find it easier to fit in but I wasn't really sure that it was suitable as a way to CT, I know that Jack isn't a fan. I've found that I can stand under it for at least 10 minutes but I don't run it over my head, should I? I put my face under it until it hurts lol, but can't decide if freezing my brain is a good thing or not? I am also not seeing any results from it, do I need to be under longer?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

See the Japanese Ama.......

6. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Yes, they are always talked about in the groups of freedivers... Many modern divers use wetsuits and tons of gears, clocks and other stuff and a few of us use nothing, perhaps a noseclip... I do it for the magic of water, did not know it before but know i do.