1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Travel and Breakfast

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by colleencoble, Jul 5, 2012.

1. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

I'm going to be in a hotel for about 12 days starting next week. The last time I traveled I went ahead and had eggs. I was gone 4 days and by the time I got home, the pain at the base of my thumbs was bad. So I need to figure out something else for breakfast. I'd thought about taking my smoothie blender and making smoothies but I'm not sure I'll have a refrigerator for the spinach and coconut milk I use. Those of you who have autoimmune issues, what do you eat for breakfast when you travel? Funny how a year ago, I had no idea that eggs were inflammatory and that the pain in my thumbs was from eggs. LOL

2. MartiD

MartiD New Member

Most hotels can get you a small refrigerator if you tell them you have medication that has to be cold. Can you cook some beef up before hand to microwave? I took a jar of coconut oil to Vegas to get some fat in my coffee to help with hunger. We did have a restaurant available so I just bacon and egg omlete every morning. I don't have AI so probably can't help much with food options but ask for a frig!

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Colleen

what about canned fish? easy. couple of cans of sardines, some tuna, salmon etc... Bring you're hand blender - you'll be happy you did... it will make everything easier... what about home-made jerky from grass-fed/finished meat? also pre cook up some bacon - in the oven; throw into a plastic baggie.... easy food on the go!

4. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Oh both great suggestions, friends! Thanks! I'll be on the road for 6 days total, 3 days there and back, then staying in Orlando for 6 days.

5. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

+1 on the canned fish. I travel frequently for work and have learned to love mashed sardines and avocado. They both travel very easily or can be bought just about anywhere and it makes for a good, filling breakfast.

6. Canned Fish-especially salmon

Lox

Cooked hamburgers

Cooked up bacon

Sauerkraut

CO put into a smaller jar

Chocolate bar of your choice

Skewers of meat of choice

I call the hotel ahead and get a fridge reserved if they don't already have one in the room. One time I forgot and that hotel didn't have any so I put my food in a garbage bag full of ice. Sometimes you just have to innovate!!

Then if you can get ot a grocery store pick up sushi, salads, and add to the food.