1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Transitioning from spot CT to spot CT with water

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by fireforlunch, Jul 11, 2013.

1. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

Nothing is impossible, your mind is your only limitation.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

A lot of people here used to wear gloves and a hat and wool socks to start out. Have you tried compression gear?

3. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

I thought compression gear was for when doing spot ct on the chest and stomach?

I'm in the water now

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you read thru the C/T thread? I know it is huge. I will see what I can find.....
    How is it going today?

5. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Thank you for posting caroline.

Having a decent day. At work so I can't CT.

Got some recent blood work back showing that was somewhat discouraging (I'll post it when it all comes back), otherwise it's been a good day.

Won't be able to CT for the next two days but will do it Friday and post results.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Check out page 23 ..,...., a post by Pamela ....about wearing socks etc......

7. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Didnt see anything on pg 23 by Pam or about socks.

Dont think its needed though, the other day i got in for 30 min and it wasnt to bad

8. jib

jib New Member

So.....while you're on duty, you don't take showers or anything like it? Not being judgmental at all, just thinking outside the box, wondering if you could "squeeze" in a cold shower here or there? Don't you do like 3 days on 4 off or some such? Keep pushing the envelope, you're doing great!!!!

9. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Great question

I ALWAYS take cold showers when I'm on duty and at home, I just never mention it in my posts because it seems so little I guess.

Yesterday at I put about 30 lbs of ice in a garbage bag and took it down to the basement and set it on my chest for about 25 minutes before lunch.

Not sure why I never thought of that before

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are doing great!

11. fireforlunch

fireforlunch New Member

Thank u caroline.

Great news: i told my captain the next spot that opens up at a slow station i would like to move. He saod ok amd now it looks like it will happen in a couple of weeks. it's not a new job but the sleep will be so much better

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Wonderful, Fire! At the beginning it seems the changes needed are close to impossible. But we watch and prepare, and then opportunities present themselves, or we think of new solutions, and bingo!

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is so true.......