1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Transformation!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Starfish Prime, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Starfish Prime

Starfish Prime New Member

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Starfish Prime

I wondered about that but thought it might be worth looking into. That'll save some time:thumbsup: thank you :)

Not sure what happened yesterday-I woke up feeling like I had severely low blood sugar-to the point that I had to take a bath instead of a shower:eek:, ate my BAB, out the door with the kids, felt meh for about an hour, threw it all up (at the daycare...classy! Sorry girls, no baby here:whistle:) drove to Spokane and got a haircut (lets just say that they were very vocal about their political bent and I disagree. Wholeheartedly. ANYway....:whistle:), drove home, slept for two hours, ended up fasting for about 24 hours, and feel stellar today.

BAB went down (and stayed there) without a hitch, lunch of smoked herring w/ black pepper (WOW was it good!) and sun (and wind...brr!) but I have the world by the tail today. Lots of possible causes for the bouncing BAB on Monday, but not any I can pin down. Obviously I survived my first 24 hour fast (in years) in fine shape...but I don't think I want to repeat it voluntarily any time soon (until I know I have LS back). Attempting IF without the correct terroir is what broke me severely last time and I have NO interest in going down THAT road again.

AF is due any minute..usually a punky couple days for me but not at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  4. Starfish Prime

ugh. Auditing accounts at work and I'm finding ridiculous data entry errors. Absurd things that I should have caught. Date? End of January.

About the time I was stressing about firing my custody lawyer and trying to find a new one a week before the hearing.

Nothing to do but pickup and go forward. Need to figure out how to boost dopamine production beyond what CT and UV are able to do...moving is the obvious but for legal reasons, I can't, unless I want to lose my youngest to his narc father.

5. Starfish Prime

Wooooo!!!! Heel calluses are gone! That just happened today. This morning they were still roughish...tonight...nice and smooth.:)

Tummy is quite squishy as well:D...lovely mental picture I know but hey, that means a whoosh is on the way and I'm spending all damn day in the sun tomorrow to encourage it. Well, til I get pink anyway.

Maybe I'm finally gonna stay on the wagon til I get there...:eek: Heaven knows I've fallen off more than my share of times. Fall down seven, stand up eight.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Stop falling...........get on and ride the pony. Stop making excuses.

Starfish Prime likes this.
  7. Starfish Prime

Dopamine rising...I'm sticking this time. I'm tired of starting over when I know better. It's stupid and I know better. And I'm finally seeing improvements. Much more consistently positive outlook.

Keto diet-still here! Not really looking for carbs too much these days but every now and then I'm thinking hmmmm....been trying to use that as a cue to go get some sun and/or wander barefoot outside for a few. Spent the morning in Lewiston dropping the boys off - guzzled almost a quart of water in the 50 miles back home without really noticing I'd done it. Yikes. Glad the two rugrats aren't staying down there.

Just spent a good hour and a half outside in the sun (UV7!) tomorrow looks to be close to the same if the weather holds. If not, well, the neighbors can wonder.

Not sure what to have for supper. Want something really good, but what I really want isn't the food. So maybe salmon. Scallops? Idk.

8. Starfish Prime

80 minutes in the sun this afternoon...UV 6. It was amazing...Would have loved to stay longer but Thing2 woke up AND I wasnt sure about burning...still feeling out the sunbathing thing, I used to never burn, but went through a spell a few years ago where I didn't burn and didn't tan either. No good! But now I'm tanning quite easily-Getting quite a nice dark tan on my midriff and arms...legs are a little draggy but getting there. Even Choppy (chihuahua/minPin, rescue/rehab case) came out and joined me.

Time to move the CT tank outdoors I think.

I think Ive officially flipped over to the PPP; zero hunger, zero carb craving, ate my BAB and a smallish lunch at 3, should be good til BAB on the am. After Thing2 goes to bed I'm going to get my 50lb kettle bell out and take it for a test drive; don't expect to do much but a few swing and a few various presses to get back in the groove.

Swapped the bedding on the bed too, gosh I love my new paint (patchwork as it is...maybe I'll finish next weekend!) and I have a very light quilted blanket and a sheet...last night I was too hot with the blanket and too cold without, hoping the sheet will be a good medium. Nights are still right around freezing so nice and cool. Been making a point of getting lots of sun on the brown fat at my neck and oh my goodness, last night I was on fire!

Have a gallon stainless Dutcher on the back steps soaking up all the sun it can, going to leave it there and add a second larger one tomorrow.

My belly fat is loose and squishy, and the skin over it has sort of 'come loose' from it. Waist measurement is down but weight is up slightly so density has increased=good thing. Expecting a woosh before long. Need more CT. Wish I was closer to the ocean!

Interesting development...talked to a man I dated briefly several (5?) years ago...he's a pathology tech. We may meet for a glass of wine or something of the sort in a week or two...very tentative. But that is just about my speed these days, so I'm happy about that. He's very intelligent, albeit a little close-minded, as I recall, very steady, very kind. Time will tell if anything develops.

9. Starfish Prime

And thing2 just puked up a belly full of milk and sardines. From the smell of it the milk has been sitting there all day.

Luckily it's a shortlived bug and he should be fine by morning; here's hoping. Going to take the kettle bell outside in the evening sir for a few swings and a press or three. Can not wait to get back into the groove of lifting, and if I can actually make progress while doing so this time, well, won't that be nice.

Been thinking more and more about orthoK as well; I think I'm going to run that down. The HSA has a pretty good cushion in it, and it certainly makes more sense than not. With my dopamine situation I need every drop in can muster and I can't help but think that flattening the cornea=shorter eyeball=improved UV harvestingakin to what it ought to be. First things first...eye exam from Dr Wylie and see what he has to say.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  10. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

50 lb kettle bell? I am impressed. Just finished some swings outside with a much lighter one... My heaviest is about 20 lbs :)

It's in the upper 50s here this morning. Looking forward to a few more hours outside later this afternoon. Need to go shopping for some work clothes.

11. Starfish Prime

I have (2) 25's and a 50...I have found that I do best with more sets of fewer reps...I aim (correction: I USED to aim for, prior to recognizing that something wasn't right and stopping LHT) for 5 sets of 5 reps approx 60 sec apart, with the last rep being barely possible. I started with the 5x5 program and did really well with it-at one point I was able to squat 180, which, considering I weighed about 150 at the time, wasn't too shabby. It was shortly after that I began losing ground and stopped.

Now I'm working my way up to that again...1, rest, repeat 5x. Tomorrow will be 2, rest, 1, repeat 1 rep to total of 5. And so on. No more than 5 in a set, and no more than 5 sets. When that gets easy, I'll get a heavier kb and start over. I consider swings to a form of sprinting/HIIT so I'll hold off on them for anything more than 5 or so in a row for a while.

Feels so GOOD to get back out and LHT. I have missed that immensely.

fitness@home likes this.
  12. Starfish Prime

13. Starfish Prime

Well. A lovely day of RAIN and mediocre weather following a Monday full of rain and wind and hail and thunder and power outages! How impressive.

No sun to be had in any quantity the last two days so I made use of the Sperti.

Salmon for supper for Thing2 and I, he's now in bed and I'm getting ready to settle in and catch the last of the webinar.

Tummy resembles a deflated balloon and is quite soft:eek: yuck. Planning to ct a lot this weekend, perhaps that will speed it along.

Still keto...not counting carbs, but between sardines and herring and salmon and eggs and a little macadamia nut here or there there isn't much to count. :thumbsup: Very telling though that I am succeeding with keto now that there is more UV to be had and struggled so much with it in winter. :( But now I know how much dopamine helps and I have some tools in my pocket to help that so we'll ride this out for a few months and go like hell again. I am not backsliding again.

caroline likes this.
  14. Starfish Prime

And the stepdaughter has been sucked into the vortex of QED and biophysics.
    :thumbsup:

caroline likes this.
  15. Starfish Prime

Welp, ketogenic diet for a month. Lost 4.5 pounds the first week....and then nothing. Keep on keeping on...but it'd sure be nice to see the damn scale move! As much sun and grounding as I can get..morning, noon, and night. Something isn't right yet, obviously. Time to for labs....at least I have a few $ to spend in the HSA.

Maybe pulling some out of the magnetico SA would be wise.

Noticed an interesting pattern. Every month just after O my mood/mental state takes a huge plummet. Today is CD9, and I have notes from last month on CD10. Going to get the maximum sun Sat/Sun, which is 'only' 48 hours away...maybe that will help.

Time for labs. :thumbsup:

16. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Here too. I have noticed this for years now. Absolutely... without a doubt.

It seems to be about 10x worse when I am eating carbs. Keto was a great place for me to be ~ and I wish I'd have just stayed there.

17. Starfish Prime

Really? I'm sorry you have to deal with that also-it sucks! But I'll admit it makes me feel a little better-like maybe the doc won't o_O when I 'fess up to it! I'm hoping it's better this month because I am keto...I'll know in the next few days. I have noticed a downturn lately in my desire to keep up the house/etc...I've been getting the kids down and then crashing really early.

Part of it is not wanting to knock around the house by myself...it is very quiet after they go to sleep-no conversation, nothing to do, really-can't drink wine w/keto, can't read bc I'm too tired to retain what I just read...:oops:

I was a little surprised-I go in next monday, which is early enough in cycle to get labs yet this month if CD19-22 is the right time (I think it is? Guess we'll see!) Fingers crossed...I'll let you know what I find out!

18. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Never want to be a bad influence on anyone :rolleyes: but I was always able to drink a glass of dry wine (like Merlot or Cabernet) and maintain ketosis just fine. ~4 grams of carbs in a 5 oz. glass. I quit wine for various reasons, but I switched to silver tequila with sparkling water instead ~ and ok with that, too. I looked up a lot of stuff about keto & alcohol, and some places even say that it can help produce ketones. I do have a blood ketone monitor and I can safely say that alcohol does not kick me out of ketosis.

But like I said ~ not trying to send you down the wrong path... We all have to use our best judgement, of course. ;)

I don't know if it is your first cycle while in keto, but I have had a bit of experience at this. What I can tell you is that you will probably find that you really do need more food leading up to your period. Some will say more carbs... my experience was just ~more food~ in general. Really listen if you have big cravings, and feed them lots of protein & fat. I hope this month goes better for you! Good luck.

19. Starfish Prime

Tequila? Oy...it scares me...one too many shots one too many times when I'd had one too many a couple too many times in my younger years! :shhh:

But, that IS good to know about the wine-thanks! I kinda figured I might wait until it's a little closer to June/longer days before I break it out-I don't want to get in the habit of having a glass of wine every night by myself. Sometimes-heh, most times!-being single sucks.:(

I have done keto many times before...it's always been very easy for me. This last time though I struggled mightily ALL winter (ugh!) and finally got over the hump in March. <- Longer light cycles...hmmm...

It'll actually be #2 whilst keto...and last month I was a hungry heifer...so I ate. It probably wasn't the BEST option but it kept me on the bandwagon and it wasn't chips/cookies/carby carb. I really craved DHA foods at that point in my cycle and ate a TON, so I didn't feel too bad about polishing off the pork rinds:whistle:

Doing some looking/thinking out loud...cycloset was discussed here at one point....It is a dopamine receptor agonist. I am chronically low on dopamine, and have, as evidenced by the weight at my waist-wonky insulin levels and probably wonky cortisol levels. Bad dopamine equates to bad leptin response, IIRC. Need to find the research on this to refresh my understanding!

ASI first to confirm; But it does seems like a good fit to me. I wonder if I can persuade her to let me try it, assuming the ASI indicates.

20. Starfish Prime

So re reading this I wonder if I need to even both with the ASI (I know I do for comparitive reasons! Meaning more that I don't think I need to wait for the results of said ASI to come back before making the call) or if I should just inquire about cycloset with the reasons for it from the getgo. Frankly, that is the direction I am leaning.

Now to gather the evidence.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016