1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Transformation!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Starfish Prime, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Starfish Prime

Starfish Prime New Member

I'm not sure how to start this but I need a journal, so here goes.

Laurel, 35, 175lbs, single mama to 2 boys-8 (obsessed with Transformers...can you tell?) and 1. One today, actually. Been following Kruse for several years, ended up in a disastrous relationship that derailed me on several levels, but that ends now. Actually, it ended quite a while ago, I just haven't gotten my ducks in a row here yet.

Hmmm...context.

Currently office bound, with f.lux and Gunnarz.
    Neighbors still have wifi on 24/7, but that's not likely to change until I can buy a different place.
    BAB, usually eggs plus whatever leftover meat from supper, generally have to fight nausea to get it down.
    Taking fenugreek to maintain supply through the 12 month old/toddler/nursing nonsense.

History of hypothyroidism secondary to hypopituitarism as dxd by ACTH stim, though both have resolved to the point that I no longer require medication for either (!)

Anosmic <---Exceptionally irritating.

Issues:
    Weight that won't budge (due to 'old age' I was told ten years ago...uh no.)
    Facial hair. Thick, coarse, black. Gross.
    suboptimal sleep. Magnetico has it's own saving account, but we're not there yet. I'm saving as fast as I can!

LBK likes this.
  2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Love your name Starfish Prime. Welcome!

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome Starfish ....maybe change up the eggs for a few days? Are you eating seafood?

How is your thyroid? adrenals? hormones?

4. Starfish Prime

haha thanks. Thing1 helped me find a name that wasn't already taken. :p

Realized I forgot to add in my notes about CT:
    • straight tap (a whopping 70 degrees*gasp* <50 is so much easier, ugh)
    • 20 minutes
    Calculated that I need to add roughly 44 bls of ice to 50 gal of 65 degree water to hit my sweet spot...going to test my math when I get home from work. I have a 2x2x3 water trough that I bought on saturday for a dedicated CT tub. Coupled with a dedicated fridge for water+ice, I'm aiming for daily in 50* water without spiking the water bill.

Appt with the BHRT doc Sep 30...hope he's decent enough to get started with. Close is a win, insurance is a double win.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

where do you live?

6. Starfish Prime

Thyroid is much better than it has been-aggressive supplementation with seafood and lugols has helped that tremendously. Adrenals have historically been an issue, but have been much better of late; No ASI recently, but symptomatically, cortisol is far more normalized. I am pretty familiar with low cortisol-nausea, shakes, plummeting body temp with stress, -and even with considerable stress recently, my stress response has been minimal.

Hormones are wonky. Pretty sure progesterone is low, E is high; working on getting AM sunlight as much as possible, plus cold.

Seafood intake is as high as I can afford-salmon, canned oysters...made salmon ceviche the other night, it was great. Would love to get more fresh oysters, but I'm too far inland for decent availability...

7. Starfish Prime

I'm roughly 1 1/2 hours southeast of Spokane WA...nice rural area, in town, but a small one...but that means no good fishmongers either.

Online is myfriend! :)

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

can mackerel is very inexpensive and great mixed with fresh herbs etc.
    sardines are a great addition for those of us on a very limited budget!

mussels, shrimp etc.

nnEMF where you are? smart meter?

Starfish Prime likes this.
  9. Starfish Prime

some not too bad. I have controlled what I can control. no smart meter, yet. Not if I can help it. Lots of canned salmon, smoked oysters,fresh fish as often as is available. no canned macro available locally, shopping online., shopping online.trying to talk the manager of our local store in to a wider selection of fish.any online suggestions beyond amazon?

10. Starfish Prime

Darned voice to text is not terribly accurate!

Macro =mackerel

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome..........

12. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

welcome Laurel

13. Starfish Prime

Thank you :)

Had a lightbulb moment this morning when I was driving into work...30minutes in 50-degree air, window down, at 65 mph...goosebumps=CT. I'm craving cold-ready for winter is an understatement-and I'll admit to feeling a little smug waltzing in the door in a tshirt while everyone else is wearing cardigans and overshirts.

Epic fail on BAB this morning; Restart the clock. Woke up late and had time to plop the baby in a new diaper and shirt and get out the door. Did manage to get a whole whopping five minutes sans contacts at sunrise on the grass while the dog did his thing, and sunlight on arms/torso on the way in (as much as gets through the smoke, which is significant these days!) I'm usually up and around at 4:30; woke up in time to catch the 5:58 sunrise.

Got the tub filled last night, we'll take it for a test soak today at lunch. I know CT midday isn't ideal, but it's better than none, which is what it will be otherwise.

Things are starting to click with the reading and rereading; Started into The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari last night...had a terrible time putting it down! I did manage a bit of discipline, however, and stopped at the Heart of the Rose.

Looking forward to Sep 30...I hope Wagner is a decent doc. If not, I've fired'em before...the search will continue.

nicld likes this.
  14. nicld

nicld Gold

^^^ Can't wait for cooler weather too. Yesterday is was about 65F, windy and cloudy and I was in a tank and I actually saw people walking around in winter hats and jackets, WTF!!!!!!

Do you ride horses alot? What kind of horse is in your picture?

15. Starfish Prime

Once upon a time I did! That is a lovely little gelding I had for a few years, an OTTB (JC: Explosive Powder) that I bought as an event prospect...he had EPSM though, ended up having to put him down at the ripe old age of 6. Crying shame, he was a lovely boy.

I still have my old mare (27, AQHA Two Eyed JackxMs Sonny Go Bars) and her son (xAHA Windsor, 2005); She's in retirement...he's going to waste. :p Maybe someday I'll make use of him! What do you have in the pasture?

16. nicld

nicld Gold

My pasture is empty after having horses and goat for 16 years. The DD had horses growing up and when she moved out and got a nursing job took her horse closer to her. The DD horse is 15 and a half Frisian have black Appaloosa. Gabby is a big tall puppy dog and looks just like her dad the Frisian. She did English and dressage on her. She is at my mother's now with her horses and Gabby's mom.

gabby.jpg

The two goats my mother talked us into getting years and years ago (they do not live long she said....bullshit) and after Gabby left would not stay in the pasture so we gave them away to a family with 6 kids. The two boys were so happy to get some goats even though the goats were not the friendliest. I did not care, they would not be eating our garden anymore.

I keep telling the DD that she should find somebody to rent Gabby too. She is in the prime of her life and not being used either. Thankfully we really did not pay anything for her since it was a breeding exchange. They got the first foal and we got the second. We got the better looking horse.

Starfish Prime likes this.
  17. Starfish Prime

I love the drafty crosses...and the TB's. I'm a sucker for most any equid. We've raised a few babies-it's so nice to watch them mature into 'grownups'.

I always wanted goats...my oldest has been angling for a goat for years. And a duck. (? I dunno. lol.)

I'm going insane today listening to the vapid conversations in the office...oi. :confused::confused::confused:

:whistle:

18. Starfish Prime

Ohhh my goodness. I was completely distracted when I wrote that...they were discussing granola and it's many applications...and who's husband eats it how. <headdesk> I swear I can feel brain cells dying in this office.

CT'd today at lunch...first time I've gotten that much underwater-I've always stopped at the torso, for lack of a deeper option. I'm concerned about estrogen dumping with low progesterone..last time I gained 22 pounds in 2 menstrual cycles with CT.

And-I just realized our water at work is RO. Almost makes up for the lovely personalities I get to work with:rofl::thumbsup:

Back to the E issue...Iodine, DIM, keeping blood sugar as low as possible...not sure what else to do, but pray for more P.

nicld likes this.
  19. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I just completed my annual Genova Diagostics Complete Hormones test and am curious to see my results this year. See my BHRT doc in late September but they will send me my results sooner.

My body has a hard time with Phase 2 detox and clearing estrogen. I haven't gained weight with 3 solid months of CT under my belt. Of course, I haven't lost any either. Feel good though :)

caroline and Starfish Prime like this.
  20. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

P.s. Love the ongoing commentary of your co-worker observations. I see similar stuff every single day!