1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Transcendental Meditation

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by MsYo, Dec 11, 2013.

1. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Does anyone here utilize meditation for assistance in Adrenal Fatigue Recovery? I'm researching this form of meditation and before I invest in the tuition I would like to know the experiences of others.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dr. K. has spoke about this many times ..... did you hear his podcast where he talks about his meditation room?

3. MsYo

MsYo Silver

I am a podcast behind. I will listen asap. I need to learn to meditate. I've lived in chronic stress for a very long time and have been unable to meditate consistantly/properly. I re-read the adrenal fatigue RX and that reminded me that I need to revisit this.

4. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Don't spend a lot of money....there is a wealth of good information to read and download for free....meditation is a process not a product. Look at some of the Buddist magazines on line...lots of good stuff to absorb and choose which kind of meditation you are drawn to...good luck and have fun...

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't know where you live ...... can you head to the beach and walk on the rocks/ in the surf .....and play with some children? seeing children play always makes everything okay for me .......

6. Josh

Josh Gold

Using EE10 as a framework, all meditative practice and energy work: tai qi, qi gong, yoga, etc. increases a being's ability to maintain their physical body in the highest energy state possible based on the resources available. In other words, it reduces and optimizes entropy. In the real world for me this has meant that without a daily dose I simply do not feel well physically or mentally. When I get really run down, I need a few hours per day of silent sitting to regenerate. I have been at this for 23 years and it changes over time. I used to get more "energy" from qi gong and tai qi, but gradually I found that my sitting practice became the most nourishing and energizing. My dad has been at it for over 40 years and he says that nothing regenerates him after hard work, like meditation. We both find that we need a certain amount of sleep that can be reduced to a certain extent if we meditate more, but one does not replace the other for most people. There are some exceptions where meditation pretty much becomes a beings dominant reality with very little sleep. More than one tradition says that being able to sit for 4 hours without moving is a prerequisite for "higher practices" and I have interpreted this as 4 hours must be an average for a being to reach a stable higher quatum state where the physiology functions consistently close to optimum and this opens up other perceptics and abilities, etc..The Goenka people have good programs to teach meditiation all over the world in the Vipassana tradition of Buddha. There are many variations on the theme and some people do better starting with "active" techniques that get one's energy "moving" and then end with a period of silence. THere are also techniques where one simply moves until it stops such as whirling in the Sufi tradition. Nature can be a gate for many people, for others it may be a temple or a train station...

Without meditation, I would never have survived 12 years of whatever has kicked my butt physically. And, without getting my butt kicked physically, I might never have meditated enough to feel blessed? TM was what my father started with when I was 8 I think. Later teachers told me that it was an okay preliminary practice, but not the same as a more pure emphasis on witnessing/watching such as in Zen or Vipassana. The Maharishi was an interesting being and I lived in his home region in India and heard stories of him that expanded my perspective. TM seems to be what he and his tradition felt would be digestible to beings in the world as a starting place. Use what works and leave the rest has been my experience, as Buddha reputedly said: "the truth is what works."

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  7. MsYo

MsYo Silver

I live in Chicago. It's brutally cold. I'm considering a beach for a short vacation soon. I've been tending to health matters of my 87 year old dad from a distance (stress). I don't have children and my family with children live in the south. Being around kids does seem to spark joy (I was with family during the Thanksgiving holiday).

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is a good idea.......^^^^^photons interspersed with cold.

9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Josh, you've just inspired to take meditation more seriously. I desperately need more mental energy just to get myself through the workday. Whatever is kicking my butt has kicked it so bad that I hardly have the discipline to help myself. I got several poor health habits that I do because they are easy. I need enough energy to overcome these obstacles and to be more resilient to stress.

seanb4 likes this.
  10. vangirl

vangirl New Member

MsYo, I have something called the Biotuner. You should check it out. It's a unique and amazing relaxation device that really works. I would never want to be without it..

Cpt.Tired and lilreddgirl like this.