1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Top Ten Tensegrity Tips

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by nonchalant, Jan 11, 2015.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

We all know that the best ways to improve tensegrity are sunlight, CT, or exercise like yoga. But what about those times when you are unable to hang from a mountain by your fingertips? How can you get that extra burst of energy to help you sleep or stay awake, to stop coughing or clear a stuffy nose, or maybe even to figure out what Jack is saying?

My current favorite technique is to gently rake the skin of the arms and legs with the back of the fingernails. The skin is stimulated and it tingles, without scratching the skin. Works like a charm. Feels like goosebumps. The backs of the toenails work well for the arch of the other foot while you are in bed. I've noticed my flabby parts don't respond ideally, but if you are persistent, they will come around.

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  2. Josh

Josh Gold

For me the technique depends upon the time of day, but sitting meditation is the favorite with the most consistent results. One can actually sit and visualize almost any other technique imaginable, including complex yoga and qi gong movements and get the same effects. Just letting go and watching works the best for me at this point.

3. Josh

Josh Gold

Marie likes this.
  4. Marie

Marie New Member

Hmmm.....That makes me want to take a Gua Sha course.

Kristi Lambert likes this.
  5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

When I was a little girl, I watched my father comb his hair while driving. After a while, 20-30 minutes maybe, he would do it again. He noticed me watching him, and he told me it helped him stay awake. A decade or so later I tried it, and discovered it works quite well. But I used a brush. Trying to comb my mop would probably get me in a wreck...

I wonder if that is part of the tradition of 100 brush strokes before bed? Yeah, I tried that... once.

6. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

I guess if I pulled my wife's hair that would wake us both up :D

7. Inger

Inger Silver

to have someone massage your scalp and pull (softly!) your hair/brush it feels pretty amazing....... :)
    massage is really nice.. and to have someone sitting or laying on you.....

8. nicld

nicld Gold

I wonder if it would work the same with my DD sensory brush. I will try anything to get rid of this cold.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sensory-Brush...&qid=1421073146&sr=8-2&keywords=sensory+brush

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

10. nicld

nicld Gold

I'll try it tonight and need to start on the DD again. It is supposed to be great for kinds with sensory issues as she has them.

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've been body brushing recently. my skin has been dry/itchy for some reason. so before bed I take the body brush and go from my feet up towards my heart, and finish with my neck face.

I've also found if I wake up and think I "might have to go to the bathroom" I close my eyes and tell my bladder its not time to get up so it will have to hold it and wait. its been working well....

12. kovita

kovita Gold

Gre
    Gretchen, i have experienced the same dryness this autumn/winter. It came to my mind that my IgA intestinal levels were borderline low in the summer and with the pregnancy I may as well be much lower now. And it came to my mind that apple vinegar has been used for at least centuries as a skin tonic for a reason. My skin went to glow within a week of vinegar washes, it may say this part of the year the skin is weaker and more prone to fungal, yeast, bacterial and whatcancauseitmore infections. I love hrushing dry skin as well, but struggle lately to hold the bathroom needs ;-)

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Interesting tip Kovita. I like the idea of apple vinegar rinses. Also interesting tip about the fungal/yeasts as Havoc has has a horrible case of candida on his boy parts. Required some serious creams (Greer's Goo) as well as dropping all carbs from his diet, and trying to up his fat intake....

14. Jude

Jude Gold

Kovita....how much apple cider? do you make a specific amt and use with massage?

15. nicld

nicld Gold

I have tried to use ACV after I take my makeup off as an astringent. I liked it but full strength I stunk a bit o_Oo_Oo_O

Jude likes this.
  16. kovita

kovita Gold

I use it as it comes, just soak cotton in it and wash the skin. I had some red spots on my right cheek for a couple of mo ths, started during the pregnancy some days better, some days worse. At first it got very angry with the vinegar (clear sign the guests were not very happy) and after a few days using it frequently it dried out and disappeared. I continue as a prevention and as I said apart of this infection all facial drynessa nd scaling has gone.

Jude and nicld like this.
  17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I lost my tensegrity! We were driving to the city, after 2 weeks in country bliss. Occasionally I'd feel the need for energy, so I would use a brush to stroke my skin. DH just rolls his eyes. :) When we neared the city, I noticed I couldn't get much reaction from my skin. Not many tingly feelings. And I started getting thirsty. When we finally started back home that evening, I was having problems with keeping comfortable in the cool temps. That night, back home, I started a fire, but even after the rest of my body warmed up, my feet were very uncomfortable. I figured I was dehydrated and would have to wait days to recover.

The next morning I had to help DH warm his icy feet, which hasn't been a problem for a year or so. I followed my usual morning routine, and around noon tried my tensegrity brush again. Wow was it zingy!! I rubbed my arms and legs, and my skin felt like I had just stepped into a CT bath. I was so relieved! Later that day I started hiccuping, and found that yes, stimulating the skin will stop hiccuping. Neat!

caroline, nicld and Inger like this.
  18. Innerfuego

Innerfuego Gold

Pretty late to the conversation ha! But do you think the best time to dry skin brush the skin is in the am and night before sleep? As I understand it's a pregnenolone steal syndrome and if you can stimulate pregnelerone at these times instead of cortisol-that would be good, no? Or any time of the day?