1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Too big for my tub

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by AnnieW, Feb 1, 2014.

1. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

So I tried to get in the tub this evening and I couldn't fit. I'd like to think the tub runs small like most of my pants, haha. Actually it is small in that it's not very high. It's not even a foot deep. Anyway, will doing spot CT have the same benefits even though I can't do total submersion? I can definitely do cold showers and bags of ice for spot CT until I shrink enough to fit in the tub.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Annie - take bags of ice in the tub and put on your torso and neck - that is what I do. Maybe consider an ice vest?

Are you taking part in the free 90 optimal reset? there is a FB group....

3. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

So no water, just ice? Will the CT benefit my fat legs if the ice is only on my torso? I'm ok with cool showers and face dunks but I do need a thermometer to make sure I'm getting it low enough. How about just standing outside for a little while? I'd thought about leveraging our current weather right now in lieu of buying ice. Maybe that could help shrink things up a bit too.

I sure am taking part! That's why I attempted to shove my big ass in the tub. Should've brought a can of cooking spray into the bathroom. Lol!

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

You are too cute!! LOL

No, no, no ...you need water! I freeze big bags of ice and then cover myself with them!

Where are you? do you have snow? what is the temp of your tap water? You don't need ice if your water is cold enough.

do it all! get outside in a bikini, Don't worry about a thermometer until you have a chance to get one. I got mine on ebay for under $5.00
    You just have to go for it girl!

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

What Caroline says is correct. However Dr Kruse does soemthing else and that is expose parts of his body to heat and the other half to cold using Fournier's law.
    That may also be an option for you if you can use your tub safely. If not ice packs and cold showers are just fine. Be as cold as you dare as much time as you can . If you are in winter use the free cold as Caroline said.

http://www.jackkruse.com/the-evolution-of-the-leptin-rx/

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  6. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I'm in VA and we had some snow but since we've had some warmer days it's melting. It's going to get cold again soon though. Tap water is cold but I'm not sure how cold.

So I can do spot CT with ice and hang around outside and still receive the benefit without the tub for right now? I could try to get in there again but it is extremely uncomfortable being 6' tall and weighing 350. I might be able to get an inch of water in. A bikini? Holy balls Caroline you've lost it! :)

7. nicld

nicld Gold

Some members here have bought a stock tank and set that outside for CT. Is that an option where you live? Come spring that is what I am going to do when out tank actually unthaws from the ground.

Nicole

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Annie - do what you can do .... just start and keep working it! Maybe consider an icevest?

I have been known to lose it the odd time ...:)

9. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Unfortunately I can't do a stock tank. I'm going to look into the ice vest. Thanks for the help guys!