1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

todays webinar with Dave Asprey...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Apr 9, 2014.

1. kovita

kovita Silver

thanks, Josh! The book looks interesting even for me! btw we cannot potty train our boy, it is absolutely impossible, he never ever do it to the toilet and it is in bright contrast with his mental skills and level. It makes me wonder how this issue could be connected with the surgery.

2. kovita

kovita Silver

good angle, Gagnrad! You are surely right in everything you wrote. I will add just one thing. I know (beacuse i expereince every day) kids know perfectly what is good for them and they actively demand it and seek it. the same way they oppose everything is doing them harm. As for adults, I was blind to my body and mind language for a long time. The first thing that got right in me after some time on Jack's protocols was a clear understanding to what myself is telling me. So clear i guessed correctly what was wrong with me when my iron went high (i had no symptoms at all). I do trust myself now absolutely, i am my best guide and feedback.

Shijin13 likes this.
  3. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Josh, I downloaded and browsed through the pdf. This sounds like something I could really benefit from. Need to find someone trained in it or maybe train my DH :rolleyes:

Deep tissue and triggerpoint massages always feel great, but maybe working on the nerves just under the skin is just as effective at relieving the pain.

I just signed up for a great deal with a massage therapist today - - (4) 1-hour massages for $100. Have a co-worker who is a client and she said the masseuse is very good.

4. Josh

Josh Gold

Based on what we are learning about the importance of collagen networks, this is really interesting. Trigger points and deep tissue stuff result from distortions in the structure and function of collagen networks that then manifest in toxic accumulation in muscles.

cantweight likes this.
  5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

YES! isn't that what we were talking about earlier??? ITs insanity doing the same thing over and over again. But wait, If I just look at it differently I might find the solution.

I had a math professor - who would stand on his head to try to get me to understand differential equations. One day he wrote out a differential equation he was trying to help me understand with letters only and I solved it. When he put numbers back in - I couldn't do it. My brain is wired differently. (So is my body too)

N=1. why not give things a go, with a little different perspective... I'm not the square peg that doesn't fit. I'm the ideal, and the round hole doesn't meet my needs. So I'm going to create a Square void to meet my needs..... FWIW. Don't ever tell me I can't do something.

I remember going through the leadership reaction course as a freshman in basic training. It normally takes 4hrs to complete. We finished it in under a hour and 1/2. When we had to go back through and show how we did it. They kept saying you can't do that. To which I asked where in the instructions they gave us was that identified. boundaries are made to be stretched. My own as well as others... and my boundaries aren't the same as everyone else. This is Why Jack keeps harping on N=1.

Josh and caroline like this.
  6. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

One thing to bear in mind here is that a lot of us are de-sensitised to natural stimuli. Just to use an exercise example, if you spend all your life hunched over a desk, your brain loses the ability to do a hip hinge while maintaining a neutral spine, then activating the adductors to stabilise an open-hip position, while maintaining "triangle foot" placement, while bracing the lumbar spine as you go into thoracic flexion in order to pick up that 15kg brick of a Microwave that you just purchased (now you have 2 problems o_O).

Learning to do various muscle activation exercises with bands, kettlebells, barbells, chains, ... (you name the apparatus) ... has obviously helped many people (myself included) to regain the ability to "feel their body" .... Or you could go through the full range of motion that humans were made to go through via natural stimuli -- climbing a tree, diving in the ocean, navigating over fallen logs, etc ... :p

Similarly, we need distortions in the collagen matrix to generate electrical impulses, and those electrical impulses help to build more collagen (assuming proper building blocks are in place), which further sensitises your brain and nervous system to "pick up on" the stimuli that it needs.

If one's collagen is damaged, the ability for the brain and nervous system to sense these impulses is also diminished -- vicious cycle :confused:. (and let's hope that Jack goes into collagen repair mechanisms soon)

When the background is lots of noise, lots of EMF, lots of sugar, lots of novel stimuli (TV, video games, etc ...), "learning to listen" doesn't come naturally.

I definitely see an increase in the number and severity (pain-wise) of trigger points in my right glute whenever measures of redox potential drop; L3-L4 herniation I sustained 4 years ago still haunting me. No surprise that I was deadlifting in a commercial gym on the 3rd floor with 'Home and Away' playing on the TVs when that happened.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    SeaHorse, Josh and Shijin13 like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

"Home and away" in a gym? that is too funny......

8. Inger

Inger Silver

I thought this was a great post Yew.
    "to listen to ones body" can be tricky... and not always what one thinks.... IDK really know how to explain this, you did a quite good job above.

Sometimes we have to do things that our body do not want at all - like CT. I sometimes feel like I just cannot do it, my body screams NO, but I do anyways. It might be as little as short cold shower after a warm.. it is somehow a "higher me" has to decide for my "what i feel like". I have never regretted it. Same with food. Do anyone think drinking fish head smoothie is what "comes easy"? It is like that with so many things. "The road is narrow and stony that bring you into life" but so beautiful when you enter it

I think there is so much to get "affected" by... so many opinions, so many sites on internet that explains how their opinion is the best etc. we can easy go wrong... eating a bunch of supplement but overseeing the big issue.. and making things only worse.. I speak to me here.

To me there is only one thing that helps me navigate through it all. I always think, what does Nature say? And I have to keep the other stuff away from me. I do not go and read on thousand different sites. I would never want to spend so much time on a computer either. I am a woman ;) way more sensitive to EMF than men so let them do that job :D And it is easy to get confused if you is not grounded. (on the inside and on the outside lol)
    To study Mother Nature, spend time with her... observe.. be silent.. those things ground me. They help me be resistant to the powers around that try to confuse, to destroy, to split. Demands.. there can be so many... we women need to really be aware and fight like lions for our rights. The good rights. Not the ones our modern society with all its crazyness will have us believe :mad:

It is.. kind of super easy - but I seriously believe... it is hard to get if conditions are as Yew describes above
    and.. it requires us to give up a lot. Will we?

I bet when we see what we gain :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

I am not really the best person at to talk about this all, having enough with my own challenges right now - still I very much know in my heart this is the way to go, I am clinging to it - it is my umbilical cord... to life

IDK if this makes any sense, but days can be so different for me. Some are so hard and others are so full of joy and easy. Might be it is like this for all of us.. Anyways, what I wanted to say is, when the dark days are on, I just do the good stuff anyways, and do not try to run away from the pain. I have started to see a pattern. Those days, in the night that follows, I have the most amazing dreams... dreams full of love and oxytocin lol It is pretty awesome!

So when I have such a day I tell myself, oh come on! You will be greatly rewarded in the night...lol

so I do not try to run away from the pain, I just go through it. Holding a steady course to what I know in my heart is the truth no matter how much it hurts

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    kovita likes this.
  10. Inger

Inger Silver

Sandy... Jacks wife, is one special woman. Jack once asked her to join here on the site, she declined. Very wise woman. She knows... she is the one earthing Jack so he can do all this. I am pretty sure about that. She is keeping him sane. But it would not work if she started to do the same as he. Instead.. she spend her time with horses and children... touching them...

what does this tells us?

Somethings as huge as the moon and the sun

:)

We women have special powers... if we only dare to see the truth
    it is pretty far from what our society try to shovel upon us

kyrakitty, NeilBB, PaulG and 3 others like this.
  11. Pamela

Pamela Gold

so are you saying you can't get into Keotosis with inflamation? I've wondered why my sticks aren't turning any shade of pink. I have hsCRP 3.2.

12. Josh

Josh Gold

It is much harder, and as I understand it and experience it, at times impossible because we can not enter the PPP and burn FFA's. We are limited to ATP from sugars/carbs. I have seen myself cruising along in ketosis, no cravings, 2 meals per day of mostly fat with some protein, and suddenly I get tired and stressed or inflamed/sick and it changes within a day. It may take a day to a week or more to get back on track. The cravings come back, I am hungry all of the time, etc.. From what I read, other people experience this as well. This is why the Leptin reset is very important for many people so that they can move to a higher fat diet with little or even no carbs and reliably power the body with fat as the primary fuel. Inflammation from almost any source may increase Leptin resistance and trigger the chain of IR, Thyroid Hormone resistance, sex hormone resistance, etc..

cantweight likes this.
  13. Pamela

Pamela Gold

Thanks Josh, very interesting.

14. nicld

nicld Gold

Ok anybody else try to use the 10% off coupon and find that it is very limited on what you can actually use it for?

So far I have found that it does not work with the kits or the 5lb bag off coffee.

15. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

N=1 here....

I've added some seasonal carbs back into my diet. and in one week my fingernails grew almost a 1/2"! Then I went back to BAB this past weekend and "Bonked" . When I looked back in my Journal from last year when I had the most success and got to my lowest weight since starting on this journey. I was following the Post Leptin Rx. so I'm back doing that.... and seeing positive results. Doesn't mean I'm out of ketosis... just changing the game and how it works for me....

caroline, cantweight and SeaHorse like this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^it also means you maybe recovering your mitochondrial function via autophagy/apoptosis too.........those are the keys to recovering bad mitochondrial to cause heteroplasmy. Heteroplasmy = adaptability

cantweight, Shijin13 and Josh like this.
  17. nicld

nicld Gold

That is great. Might have to look into that.

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

So is this why I'm not having issues this spring with allergies?

cantweight likes this.
  19. Penny

Penny New Member

maybe all the iodine competes with the same metabolic pathway as lithium and some lithium would help? Totally just a guess... but I have read that they compete for the same pathway and do get around it you do iodine transdermally and lithium orally... she explains it way better than I ever could...

http://chronicdiseaserecovery.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/mthfr-and-lithium/

20. Penny

Penny New Member

rlee314 likes this.