1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

todays webinar with Dave Asprey...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Apr 9, 2014.

1. kovita

kovita Silver

inger, that is a good point indeed. Obviously if you feel happy every single ceel of your body resonates happy with you. I do believe absolutely you can change your biology with your thoughts. I can see around me, the happy people and the people who do any sort of art regulary tend to be much healthier. It is definitely where i am heading myself in my personal programm and so far it seems like a big thing. The thibg arpund carbs is surely a question of context. Maybe one day I will do years on 0 carb and will fell great, who knows!

MYbe I will say here something inappropriate but i can see around me and in me that having and raising your own children adds a lot of stress to woman's life. It is a rule, not choice. I have not met any single mother who would be the same person as she was before having the kids. It is something natural, because mothers are designed to protect their children and put their lifes before their own lifes. It is something to work on, because the kids give you back a lot of tools for unwinding, so each woman has to find a new balance in her life after the kids arrive. It happened to be as well very challenging time physiologically, because pregnancy, birth and brastfeeding are introducing lots of physiological shifts and rollercoasters. I bet that would be why women tend to break down after the second or third child. Obviously, in the past women had many children and had to fight daily for survival, food etc so there was a lot of strss in their lifes and still they did most likely better than we do now (however many women were dying young in today's measures). So the additional stress like emf, poor water quality etc must be predisposing women to be even more fragile in this periods of their lifes. I feel with every woman who broke down in the middle of raising wonderfull family and no one understood. It just does not make sense on the first sight!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I saw a young mother today at the bus stop playing with her children - if she was even 25 I would be surprised.
    She had four children - the oldest would have been about 7 down to three. They were so gorgeous to watch. then I talked to a woman that helped care for a family. The Mom was 25 and she had six children!

Amazing, amazing Moms ........

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am starting to feel like maybe some people do need a little more carbs ..... not a ton, but some....

I hope Martin comes on and tells us what he has been doing the last week or so .....he has thrived under circumstances he wouldn't have expected......

This certainly isn't a once size fits all......

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes Kovita.. this is why I love cultures where the mom stay at home.. like it is common in Switzerland. IMHO it is way too much for a mother to care for the children and do full time work too... you need to have a very supportive husband and great health and a job you love to do that... I am not sure even then it is ideal.

IDK.. my mom always was home with us kids.. and we got to play outside in the garden freely all day long. I am forever thankful for that...

My mom is also very healthy and strong at 62 yo.. you could not believe it! And she eats a pretty regular diet (on the healthier side) and now she works hard, full week with my dad, they have their own company. She do wish she could stay home but they need to pay their loans.

I am thinking woman are way more sensitive beings... we need to not forget that. We get destroyed way faster by stress and other things. I loved the women and weightloss webinar, some of my all time favorite.:)

5. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

I honestly don't know if supplementation would help. The most important question in my mind is, "Can supplementation hurt your child?"

My guess would be "no, it's not harmful, and could potentially help". Josh has always talked about needing to constantly needed to supplement Molybdenum through the day due to very quick excretion. Here's a paper that backs up the fact that Mo is tightly regulated by the body -- http://jn.nutrition.org/content/137/1/37.full , which would imply that. That said, I've got no clue how those interactions would play out in a child, and thus have no clue how to modulate the dose. Maybe Josh can chime in regarding this topic.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

"can supplementation hurt your child" Yes..........in many big ways.

kovita and Josh like this.
  7. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I often have conversations with people where they ask whats going on and I give them a rundown of my day or week and they say oh my gosh you must be so stressed! Years ago I would have said yes! its killing me! But current mindset reacts much differently. Yes I have a huge test, but I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and look forward to a new career. Yes we have a busy schedule with 3 kids in sports, but I love to watch my kids play! Yes my to do list is a mile long but who cares I'll get to whatever I can. When mindset is good life is very different. Whether you stay at home with your kids full time or work and care for your kids these daily "stressors" in life are only what you make them. When my husband and I drive in traffic we are 2 very different beings....he is cussing drivers, bitching about this or that, I just look at him and laugh. He has managed to raise his cortisol, his heart rate, blood pressure etc over something he has no control over. Find a good song on the radio and relax. it doesnt matter if you are going to be late for something you cant change the situation, so sit back and ride it out.

I have met very frazzled stressed moms and moms that roll with the punches and do their best to find happiness and positivity in life. The kids are very different kids. Overwhelmed stressed parents have overwhelmed stressed kids. Over scheduled, lacking sleep, keeping up with the Joneses mentalities....its sad.

All the things you can call stressors in a moms life are only if thats how she perceives them.

Audrey you named a ton of stuff Gretchen has on her plate....does she strike you as the type that would be happy if she wasnt juggling the world????

I strongly believe these aspects of life are not the kind of stress we dealing with that is effecting our health. Cystic ovaries, EMF, CF, lyme, fibro....these are major stressors. The people that are in need of carbs are dealing with these type of issues. Was it medications that changed the gut microbiota as such that we need them? Are our systems so screwed up we can not optimize without giving our bodies an easier access to glycogen? Are we creating a bigger stressor for such a system by trying to force it into this ketogenic mold in which it does not fit? Does our epigenetic make up require different fuel than someone without our particular issues? Does providing some carbohydrate decrease histamine response and allow water to be channeled properly?

caroline likes this.
  8. nicld

nicld Gold

No caffeine before bed for me. It has to be in the morning or very early afternoon or not at all.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sometimes the thing we won't or can't change ends up changing us most.................

Hope and Shijin13 like this.
  10. cantweight

cantweight Gold

The only thing left for me to change is to completely let go....stop trying to figure things out, stop trying to progress and learn and grow, stop searching for the wellness I so desire......and just be.

Is that what I have missed? I have missed out on being for the sake of becoming.

Or listened too much to others instead of myself. Let my body tell me what it needs. Stop forcing square pegs into round holes and find my own balance.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    rlee314, caroline, Shijin13 and 2 others like this.
  11. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I believe that I know what you are referring here to, Jack. I’ve seen a notice regarding the entire series being put together as a package deal? That leaves me actually even more perplexed... From the very beginning my “optimal Reset” dashboard was missing 2 of the buttons(one of them being "listen to the webinars" while the other members had theirs... So, I never even had any access to any of the previous webinars from that series whatsoever... Just saying.....

12. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Dang….I saw this one too, but I was taken more by the quotes above. Off to really learn more about OAPs and AQP4-

13. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Square vs. round, now you are bridging into the metaphysical world. Funny you phrased it like this ... Though I realize it is a common saying it fits this situation better than I bet you are realizing.

Stop forcing "square pegs" (male shape - or, possibly in this case the strategies utilized by males that work for us) into "round holes" (female shape - you). :)

caroline, Shijin13 and cantweight like this.
  14. Josh

Josh Gold

Before considering "supplementation" one needs to consider "nutrition". Is it correct for the N=1? It is a bit of a razor's edge thing in this day and age....

With children failing to thrive, I think of salt and poor vagal tone due to structural, fascial and collagen/water distortions compromising energy/qi/superconduction....children are so sensitive to things that a little shift often puts things on track. Acupuncture for children is typically much less treatment with much less stimulation. For small children, it is often just rubbing along the meridians/fascia/collagen that may be matted, however one wants to think about it....craniosacral work often helps kids. If there has been surgery, for sure there are fascial distortions and matted collage. Look at the meridians that flow through the area where the surgery occurred...

If one wants to get into supplementation, the Yasko materials offer extensive review and how to callibrate the gradient...if the CBS pathway is "stuck" and you just start it up on a 2.5 year old without tracking the rest carefully, things could be rough I imagine. I started mine up at 49......

Shijin13 likes this.
  15. Gagnrad

Gagnrad New Member

Well, Jack can't be wrong in saying "Sometimes the thing we won't or can't change ends up changing us most" because the "sometimes" makes the statement pretty close to a truism. Pretty much anything is true sometimes. LOL

I doubt "Let my body tell me what it needs" is an answer. First, it seems to carry the Cartesian implication that mind and body are two different things. Perhaps my mind doesn't know, but I'll ask my body, as it were. However, that dualism is highly debatable, as is any division of experience into "inner" and "outer". Most philosophers nowadays would not go along with that.

One could avoid the problem and rephrase it as something like "I'll let myself tell me what I need". But do you always know what you need? Or to put it in another, and perhaps better, way, can your feelings always be relied upon?

According to Jack, people who wait to feel thirsty before drinking are likely to become a little dehydrated. Can your feelings be relied upon there (assuming Jack is right)? What about cases of "phantom limbs"? In such cases are a person's feelings giving him accurate information? Or consider the reverse. What about cases where a patient will throw himself out of bed, believing that he's throwing someone else's leg out that shouldn't be in his bed, because his feelings tell him that it's not his limb?

These and more here:

http://www.amazon.com/Leg-Stand-On-Oliver-Sacks/dp/0330507621/

A more general example: most people's posture and "body" use is not all it could be, but, of course, it feels right to them.

I think one could go on multiplying instances where our feeling do not provide us with accurate information almost indefinitely. Fortunately, they're not too far out for practical purposes much of the time, but an infallible guide? …

16. kovita

kovita Silver

Josh, tahnks for your thoughts. I am doing my best in terms of nutrition and I never put in him any sort of medication or supplements ever since the surgery (he received a lot), the exception being fermented cod liver oil and k2. I am just wondering now, what is stopping him. As Jack said here, I too am scared supplementing children. Coincidentaly craniosacral therapy is on y list just now, we go next week, it took me a while to find a good pediatric therapist. He has longitudinal cut coming from the navel down the level of pubic bone, it is almost invisible now but tehre is a lot of internal scaring on touch. He is medicaly still not failure to thrive, but I do not buy it. He is very smart, fluent in 4 languages and as active as possible. Can walk easily for 4 km now. As of now I do not see any obvious methylation issues as yasko describes and i will stay with liver and other organ meats which he loves and i have to dose it, otherwise he would eat a whole liver for dinner. I am far away of understanding his number 1 but now when i found a good doctor for me, i will get him tested and let's see.

17. Josh

Josh Gold

Consider some mud for the scar area?

You might find this interesting and useful...my wife is experimenting on me with it now:

http://biblio.physiotek.com/sites/biblio.physiotek.com/files/dermoneuromodulation_rev_03.pdf

kovita likes this.
  18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've always been the Square peg. but instead of trying to fit into the round hole - I look for new ways to leverage my "Squareness" ;)

Josh and cantweight like this.
  19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

So true. and the place you don't want to look is the first place you should have. Would have saved you time and money....

cantweight likes this.
  20. cantweight

cantweight Gold

So perhaps I just need to fashion some corners then? :p

Shijin13 likes this.