1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

todays webinar with Dave Asprey...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Apr 9, 2014.

1. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Two sections stood out for me:

"It appears clinicians have to pay close attention to these quantum details on cell membranes even when it is defective. Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia patients have both defects, to some degree making them very difficult to manage. Their tight rope is actually more narrow than Jeremy’s. They just do not carry the risk of high stem cell depletion rates as he does."

"To build a strong collagen muscle skeletal array, called a tensegrity system, requires massive amounts of sulphur containing proteins. Sulphur comes in the foods loaded with cysteine and methionine. Fundamentally, Jeremy taught me something deep here. Some people need these type of carbohydrates with those amino acids to an excess to maintain cell volumes. Those that have water based diseases certainly do. Most do not. It is now my job to figure out who is in each group, and then bio-hack what we should consider doing for them."

The tight rope is a powerful image for me….not only do you have to learn to live on it, it needs to be strung up between the right kind of trees! The "water based disease" made me think of calcium efflux…heart problems and when you talked about respiratory and cardiac people needing sun in the webinar that ties it together again. I can see a whole new world of quantum based diagnosis emerging here simply won't use the terminology of disease as we know it now. Also looking forward to putting these ideas into action with more finesse.

rlee314, Penny, Martin and 2 others like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

This thread is awesome .....we are working thru things. Lately I have had a very strong desire for sushi. I don't have the rice mostly .....but I crave the rice wrappers stuffed with seafood. I feel so satisfied after that. Like - complete.....

I don't get quite the same level of satisfaction from seafood or even raw meat .....

Everytime I walk by a sushi place .... I honestly lust after this stuff! I thought it was just me not being in control..? But maybe it is my biology knowing what I need?

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

THis is it - at least for me I've been pushing Keto for a while and this past set of labs - BAM massive E-dominance... epic E -dominance. to the point my Thyroid isn't happy.

You've officially been added to my interwebs crush list yewwei.tan!!!!

nicld likes this.
  4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

CT is a big game changer. but with how much my Edominace took over this winter - I'm not sure I could have made myself get in the tank if the weather had been better. My aversion to cold was that strong - even though I kept pushing... any time I'd get in the tank - I'd get severe deep muscle bruising like I'd been in a car accident. I'm looking forward to getting the CT back on the rails... b/c I know it will help!

cantweight likes this.
  5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Still haven't gotten to it... but damn that does resonate w/me. I'm a huge fan of sulfur veggies. THey're pretty much the only veggies I like.

BTW I love your pic Seahorse!

6. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

The attached picture must have been the best bowl of seafood I've had to date -- semi-cooked prawns (with roe inside), shredded egg, topped with Salmon roe and salmon belly, served over lightly vinegar-ed sushi rice.

That was at Tsukiji-Shijo in Tokyo during December 2007, before all that Fukushima nonsense, and all the food must have been fresh from the market. I think it only cost 1200¥ too, which I think at the time converted to about US$10.60 (http://www.x-rates.com/average/?from=JPY&to=USD&amount=1200&year=2007)

salmon-bowl.JPG

Shijin13 and kovita like this.
  7. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

:D :p

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am having a big aversion to cold for awhile now .....I have just discovered that my progesterone has really dropped off a cliff. The thing is - I feel really good so wasn't paying enuf attention.

But I have been cold when I shouldn't have been.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

y'all are getting smarter.......day by day.

10. nicld

nicld Gold

I just wish I could figure out how to get into ketosis. Is it just from a high fat diet? How does having fat malabsorbtion issue mess with ketosis?

I don't seem to get into ketosis easily either....I wonder why that is ?

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Nicole can you do a BPCdo you think?

I always find IF works about as well as anything for me ....

12. nicld

nicld Gold

I try because it tastes so good but I make sure to have it after I eat my BAB full of protein. Don't think that IF is for me yet. I can IF between breakfast and supper. Just frustrated today, that's all. I am sure I might figure this out someday.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you hungry for dinner?

Dr. K. Has said somewhere that the best way to IF is to do breakfast. .... And then you could do a BPC for dinner.

I can't do it that way .. I am way too hungry

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nope.............you're sentence was here: Histamine treatment or release from cells induces molecular rearrangements of orthogonal arrays of particles ( OAPs) in human AQP4-expressing gastric cells. So we know there is a precedent for this quantum molecular action.

SeaHorse likes this.
  15. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Does this go back to D and gut permeability? or am I way off.
    Improper water channeling due to histamine response?
    Too much histimine can cause edema which can be helped by vitamin C which is a cofactor of collagen production....

Give me something else....I am obviously not going to be able to put this one together by myself!

16. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Inflammatory response re-routes water from where we need/want it to go?

17. Josh

Josh Gold

I will take a shot at an overview based on my experiments:

1. Ketosis is possible when we are not too inflammed=LR+IR+hormone resistant+SHBG gets more active+Estrogen levels rise....
    2. These things tend to happen when redox crashes due to stress of one sort or another, and remember the sum of many little stresses and losing good sleep with autophagy=A BIG STRESS
    3. Many people miss this progression and end up in "what happened???" land....
    4. The reality is that modern life is so full of overt and covert stress, that most people do not even know what a stressless life looks or feels like
    5. When I was a child, we had a house on a hill on an island on a lake in Maine...we would go for 4-5 weeks every summer. IT took 2 weeks to "arrive/unwind" and the last 5 days were filled with the stress of anticipating school and suburban New York...
    6. When I left Med School, I took 2 years off and lived in India, Indonesia and China. I got pretty unwound...
    7. I noticed that people arriving for longer stays in the communities I lived in took 2-4 weeks to "arrive" and "unwind". Once this had happened, they could accept doing less and being more. They often became quite happy and blissful without any special diet or activity.
    8. The harsh reality is that when it comes to stress, "less is less". Doing more rarely=less. Recall even Dr. McGuff when he points out how much work it is for the body to build a pound of tissue.
    9. Finding the "zone" where things become "effortless" and one seems to run on an unlimited supply of energy without experiencing any type of stress response is elusive and I have only met a few rare beings who manage this. They often have ruthless and rigorous ways of managing their energy, time and what they put in their bodies.
    10. Inflammation is the message that we have overdone it somewhere...:)

Penny, sjoshua, kovita and 3 others like this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I like that alot Josh ^^^^

I often think of Gretchen with her super stressful life ..her stressful job, the kids, the husband, traffic must be horrendous, EMF to the max, her blog .....I always think to myself.......how can you keep so many balls in the air???

do I have an answer??? - nooooo

I did much the same thing - long hours at a job I adored with a hubby I adored - no traffic, probably not a lot of EMF and I didn't have the health issues........

As far as I can see .....even tho I can't begin to imagine the stress of being a neurosurgeon and holding someone's life in my hands ..... Dr. K. seems to knock off quite regularly ....and he does know how to have fun! and he is doing something he is very passionate about - which, I think, puts you in a different ball park.

19. Inger

Inger Silver

I cannot contribute much to this thread... I never had issues leaving the carbs behind.
    I do "unwind" like Josh says above, a lot, and have silent moments every day (which I love..) and also am a sun and nature addict :oops: but when I do something I have energy - a lot! I do not get tired all day long either.

I also know other women that are thriving on zero carbs for years.... one even got back her fertility and gave birth to 2 very healthy and beautiful kids - after being infertile.. and doing zero carbs for many years! Mainly beef, not even grass fed..
    No supplement or other protocols at all. But she is a music teacher and loves to be in the nature too..

I do not buy the idea women need carbs at all... ;)

I do believe certain illnesses like Jeremy's need more carbs.. (i do not think anyone needs rice... :D )

Shijin13 and kovita like this.
  20. kovita

kovita Gold

intesting comment! Thanks! i started li/mo/mn supplementation with low doses over a month back. I cannot say whether this was a huge help, because it is difficult to decide whether this was the particular big helper or i just reached the 6th month milestone following most of JK rx and it started to produce the wonders i was hoping for. But if it were these trace minerals, thanks god we have Josh here, because I am improving!

Now the comment about the fat metabolism and molybdenum, I have a big interest in knowing more. The reason is my younger child (2,5y with missing ileocaecal connection after emergency surgery). He is doing well, but his digestion is very sensitive (would get bloated belly often specially if any virus is around) and i have an impression he is not able get the most out of the food that is passing through his intestine. i suspect the biggest issue is with fats. He seems to absorb well mikronutrients from food beacuse i can see clearly what a plate with liver or hearts makes with his energy and mind. He is overally very fit and lasts like duracell rabbit, however He is very slim and quite small for his age. Would you think very low dose molybdenum could improve anything here?