1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

To supplement or not to supplement Purple light?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by stanzi, Dec 13, 2020.

1. stanzi

stanzi Gold

Hi Dr. Kruse,

I am a new member and am excited to be here. I have been reading the content of this website for the last 3 weeks only, so please forgive me if this is a silly question or if it has already been covered previously: I live in Philadelphia, latitude 40. My DMinder app says that UV won't be available in my latitude for at least a month or longer. I understand that based on prior answers, my best option is to take a UV friendly vacation to a better latitude for the next month or two. Assuming that isn't an option for me (pandemic, job, young kids), is my better option to:

1) Hunker down and eat tons of seafood and wait for UV to come back to my latitude naturally? or

2) Supplement with a UV bulb or reptile light or a UV/IR combo light for the next month until natural sunlight can give me UV again?

If possible, please can you clarify of your answer to this question is different for your normal everyday person and for me (flat low cortisol all day, early morning wakeups, lousy sleep)?

Many thanks in advance...

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you do use a good red light to offset the flicker of UV fake light.