1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

TMI - CT and a unique piercing

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Evo Mama, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

First off, I've been CTing for 5 weeks with no issues (other than detox), but I figured I'd ask about this anyway, just in case.

I have a piercing on the hood of my clitoris. When I cold bathe, I wear compression shorts, so I don't have the water directly on that piece of metal, but since I remember reading in the CT protocol and dangers with metal, I thought I'd ask if this could be a problem.

I've had the piercing for many years, and have never removed it. It stayed in there even while I labored and gave birth to my son (the midwives wanted to remove it, but none of us could do it the night I was in labor, so we just kept it in).

Anyway, should I remove it, or do you think it's okay, given I've been doing CT with it for 5 weeks without problem?

Thanks!

2. MJ*

MJ* New Member

From everything I read you are supposed to remove all metal, and can I just say, "What a woman!!!" and LOL to your TMI on this...

3. omg, I was relieved to have to do a C-section so the docs wouldn't be lighting up the whoo-ha. The scene of the midwives all taking shots at removing that is enough to start a comedy routine.

4. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Cavemam you too? LoL you ladies are sooo brave! I realize too this was not part of the culture I grew up in, and I'm ok with that haha, and I really do think you're both brave...I can barely get used to thongs...

5. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Cavemam you too? LoL you ladies are sooo brave! I realize too this was not part of the culture I grew up in, and I'm ok with that haha, and I really do think you're both brave...I had double piercings in my ears and that was cool! LOL

6. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

Yes, it was certainly a comedy of errors. I think I tried first, which was hilarious, since I couldn't see what I was doing around my ginormous stomach. Then, the midwives asked my husband, and he tried (the piercing was his idea in the first place!!!), then the midwife tried, then the nurse, then we gave up and hoped that it wouldn't be an issue, and thankfully it wasn't.

Re: natural childbirth - the recovery was amazing. I went home with my newborn son that day, and walked out of the birth center on my own.

7. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

Yes, I've read the same, but since I've gone this far with no issues, I was hoping that such a small piercing in a relatively protected area might be okay.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You can CT with it in if your water temp is warmer....you must be careful with CT on the man in the boat because water and metal conduct cold way better than you think= tissue damage. My advice is protect the boat and the main man in it.