1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

TMI alert!...

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by janagram, Jul 24, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

last few days my urine smells like asparagus urine but, no, I haven't had any asparagus....:confused:

or broccoli....just lettuce, tomato, onion, ....and lots of fish...

2. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

Probably ketones in your urine.

If you do a web search on something like "ketosis asparagus smell" you'll find you're not alone.

3. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Funnily enough, I noticed this same thing a few days ago, so you're not alone. We can be the founding members of the Stinky Pee club...;)

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Not like cat pee???? That is a sign of LS.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Vickie is paying attn........this was posted in the Leptin Rx FAQ blog post long ago.

6. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Mine is definitely more cat pee than asparagus pee, lately.

Goody, I get to check off yet another sign of leptin sensitivity, and yet not be leptin sensitive...LOL

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

This comes/goes for me.... more so when I stick to the 3 meals - even when I could easily skip lunch - but I know I need the 3 meals... not sure I'll always be that way - but for now that's what it is....

8. I've had it for a while but every now and then it just disappears. I'm going to watch it based on meals. I try for two meals because it seems to suit me better but I am going to start sniffing on those three meal days!

9. janagram

janagram New Member

Wow, thanks! It sounds like it could be a good thing! ketosis would be good....LS would be good...and I have been very strict of late...(my B'day was celebrated, but not with a trace of sugar!)

10. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

How do you know you are not LS? You just posted that you were losing weight or a size or so anyway. You become LS, then you start losing weight. You have to get the leptin going in the right direction first then amazing things start to happen. That is all part of the process. How many signs do you have? You might be surprised.

11. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I thought the deal was that if you were obese, you couldn't be leptin sensitive? It's quite possible I somehow misinterpreted that. :)

signs I have:

hair and nails greatly improved and growing super fast

feet used to be super rough / dry all the time, are now smooth as a baby's backside

skin is clearer, with better coloring

generally calmer, less prone to anxiety attacks

thinking far more clearly (though my posts don't always show it...haha)

libido has returned from a very long hiatus

no carb cravings - haven't TRULY craved much of anything besides shrimp and steak for months now

can easily get by on two meals a day most days

usually sleep very well now (used to wake up a lot in the night, tossing and turning)

wake up before alarm most days, able to get up and get going with much more ease than previously

losing weight, though not rapidly by any means

12. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I think you misinterpreted that. Go back and read the signs blog. You have so many of them I would believe your leptin is starting to do it's job. Geo was just like you with the signs and she was on the right track and started to lose weight. I would say go for the post leptin way and see what happens. Big meal at dinner, work out with HIIT at the right time if possible. If you go into reverse, just start again. I'm tellin' ya, you have enough of the signs girl!;)

Do reread both pre and post LRx blogs and tell me you are not rockin' it!!!!!

13. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Wahay! I'll check them out again tonight between work and the webinar...:D

14. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I think there was also something that if you had the cat pee smelling urine that you had to up your B vit. Look for that too. Not sure if it is buried in the monster thread or?? Good luck. I'm truly hoping you are becoming LS. This would be a great boost for your dh too now that he knows he has a problem and can fix it.

15. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Thanks, I appreciate that...

16. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

http://jackkruse.com/the-leptin-rx-faqs/

17. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

Just googling around I found there's:

sweaty feet odor, maple syrup odor, mousy odor, and boiled cabbage odor, as well as cat's urine odor.

Phew!

According to the State of California's Department of Public Health, cat's urine odor is indicative of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutarylCoAlyase deficiency. But I guess that depends on what one takes cat's urine to smell like. Probably depends on the cat. :)

18. ealachan

ealachan New Member

And whether the cat's following an Epi-Paleo template, clearly...;)

19. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/79/just-so-stories/1296/the-cat-that-walked-by-himself/

20. janagram

janagram New Member