1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Tired of Feeling Geriatric

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Chaostheory, Feb 22, 2017.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

You rock Bionaut!

2. Remo

Remo New Member

Hey! your doing awesome, keep at it and you will get more results.

I completely agree @bionaut regarding supplement usage. My improvements did not happen until I quited my supplements! Instead of supplements I just use a trace mineral tincture once in a while and focus on using good water. I really should get back at bonebroths because they are a lifesaver when it comes to guthealth.

Iodine is very important but I would not supplement with it as I personally found that iodine needs co-minerals and enzymes from fresh fish to be used correctly. Taking too much supplemental iodine can really wreak havoc in your body. If you insist on using it then I would take Nascent Iodine and not Lugol's (which is much stronger and harder to regulate).

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Nascent is Iodine

Lugol's is Iodine and potassium iodide

==================================

4. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

@Chaostheory you should be wearing those glasses any time you are indoors and around artificial sources of blue light. It's also a good idea to download flux to your computer and phone and hack that to nighttime setting 24/7

If you decide to make the broth and don't want to use a pressure cooker, a crockpot works well too. You just have to assemble everytihg and set the crockpot on low for about 24 hours to simmer.

I like what bionaut wrote here about the release of negative emotions too. Journaling is also a good release.....

Enjoy this beautiful sunshine we have been having here the past several days. I see you are in Grand Rapids. Not too far from my place. Small world!:)

5. Mystic Rose60

I have a couple of links where you can buy your bones from too, if interested. The first one is Grassfields, my neighbors farm. (Coopersville) They are very helpful and friendly folks.
    http://www.grassfieldscheese.com/

Then there is Creswick farms too. They are not too far north of Grassfields.
    http://www.creswickfarms.com/

6. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

Thanks everybody! I'm really trying to keep my spirits up while I trust that nature will calm things down for me.

I'm coming around to the idea of quitting all supplements, except for the forskoline. Nothing seems to really help or be that magic bullet, if there even is one. Pregnenolone, I'm not sure whether it helps or not...I think I'm in stage 2 adrenal fatigue, so not at the worst point and perhaps I don't need it. I've had my hormones drawn a couple years ago and I remember them saying my pregnenolone wasn't that bad, so maybe I don't need extra. But then again he thought I had too many xenoestrogens, so maybe it's good to keep til I can get more leptin sensitivity and then my hormones will balance out.

The sodium bicarbonate seems to calm down my thoughts/ocd, which is kind of weird when it goes away I feel like I'm thinking about nothing.

I had eight servings of fish today. One was raw and my dad caught me eating it raw and freaked out. He also is freaked about the sungazing, so I guess I'll just have to keep that on the DL.

@Remo I actually have a plastic sauna, and I used it today after you mentioned it helping you to sweat intensely. The results were that I felt an increase in mood, but more brain fog/tiredness later at night. I actually had a pretty productive day for me, and I started it with youtube meditation.

@Mystic Rose60 Thanks for the links, and also urging me to get out in nature. I'm trying to as much as possible now

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  7. Remo

Remo New Member

I think the brain fog/tiredness is common after a sauna but if its a "bad" fatigue then it could also be a sign of electrolyte deficiency. Do you have some himalyan sea salt ? I just drink a glass of that + a squeezed lemon and bam my brain fog improves instantly.

After a session I usually just stand nude in my backyard since its so darn cold here (at night) in Holland. Then I drink the lemon juice. Maybe we should think about adding in a UV + IR light after a sauna session ? other members seem to have good result with it.

Question: are you in full keto now ? how do you measure it ? believe it or not but going full keto (zero carbs) made my adrenal fatigue way worse. Sometimes adding in a bit of carbs can do wonders.

8. Mystic Rose60

Keep moving forward on your journey! Just keep going Chaostheory! Never let anyone try to hold you back and remain focused my dear! Doc posted this on his Facebook page and I'm sharing it with you now.

"I love chaos.........always have. Once the personal storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about."

jk11.jpg

Chaostheory likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199890

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

11. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

You think maybe I'm having too much omega 3 from seafood? I've thought about the possibility of too many heavy metals, and being unable to detox up here without a lot of UV. I ate 2 raw oysters yesterday to see how I'd like them, and they were pretty good. I felt good mentally for the rest of the night.

I'd eat some nuts to make sure I was balanced, but re-looking at my labs from the beginning of september, my CRP was in the intermediate risk range so I'm trying to avoid them for now. I'm running out of money so I have to find some form of income for now to save up. Also, that way I'll feel like I can have more of a say in my healthcare. I am tempted to try that bodybio though, but need more money. What differences have you noticed from testing for EFA's and supplementing more omega 6?

Other change to my diet: I've started making shrimp and grinding them up in the blender with their exoskeletons still on. I get a cognitive boost from that.

What's Dr. K's thoughts on cricket flour? I have some of that lying around, and wanted to make some sort of pancake with it.

I'm getting out to see the sunrise and starting to try and make sure I'm out to see the sunset as well everyday. I was talking to a new friend I made the other day about all of this, and told them I was using the reptile light to simulate sunset/firelight and they were like...can't you just make sure you're outside when the sun's setting? Lol, so simple yet with our overdependence on technology it's easy to forget.

The only things I'm missing from Dr. K's list of paleo supps/nutrients are the right type of vitamin K and methylfolate. I've taken methylfolate in the past and never noticed a lot from it, but I'm only hetero for mthfr. The only other thing I'm curious about is butyrate. I'm sure if I was in a better location it wouldn't be necessary but for now I'm not sure how to get my body to have enough of it, because I'm wary of too much dairy for my case. Well, I'll go try and figure out how to ferment my goat's milk for now and keep on using butter, it has a low amount of casein...

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Unless you test, you will newer know.
    But many people who were ill found problems in that area.

Too much of a good thing is bad, so if you are not able to test, at least have balanced diet (whatever that means).

13. Remo

Remo New Member

14. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

I believe he mentions Vitamin K2 in one of the earlier blogs, with a link to Life Extension Super K which is a mix of K1, MK4 and MK7.

15. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

@Remo Yeah I think so too. No, I haven't been tested yet, and my doc probably won't test me because he follows the genetic/food template for disease, and seems to think I just have to live with my mental and neuro symptoms. I'm going to try and prove to him that there's a better way...I just finished watching half of jack's latest podcast. I guess I have to start covering my thyroid when i'm inside/on the computer as well.

Thanks for mentioning the seafood issue, I've added in some chicken and beef and less seafood for the last few days. I've got to get a little better about not overdoing one thing too much,..Ive been getting some carbs through raw honey. Also I'd ordered resistant starch from himaize before hearing I could just get it from butter, and Ive been having a lot of that. I think I've been overdoing that as well, though. What do you recommend as a carb source? Everything seems to have drawbacks from what Ive read.

I've also been drinking all reverse osmosis water, and I guess I'll add in more spring water. I think I'm definitely electrolyte depleted, so I dont want to make that worse.

Ketosis didn't work for me in the past, but I wasn't eating a lot of calories and was getting most of my fat/protein from fish. I'm going to get some MCT oil and maybe try it again. I actually think I'm the type of person that could get into ketosis still eating carbs {based on blood tests showing I was in ketosis at times when I was eating more fat/protein), so I wouldn't have to totally give them up. Or do you think it's a bad idea? Maybe intermittent fasting or modified ketosis would be better for us for now?

I can't see the sun from where I'm located during the sunrise, so tomorrow Im driving to a higher latitude (would be downtown, though) to actually be able to "make like the sphinx". So we'll see how that goes.

16. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

So my experiment seeing the actual sunrise yesterday was totally worth it. I was nervous because it's next to someone's property (but the guy walking his dog that ewalked down the street a few minutes later reassured me that it's partly the highway's since it's overlooking it). but it was a great view of the city and good to know of it's existance. I feel like the extra dopamine boost went into today...ive been more productive and actually timing it to make sure i'm outside at least 3 hours and remembering to wear my glasses and open windows, etc. I would've gone again today but something was wrong with the breaks on the car so Im going to have to wait a couple days if I want to again.

Is there anything special about the sun when it first rises? Whether it was placebo or not, I'm hooked.

I went to a Law of Attraction meetup and ran into my past...almost through me off, but I'm going to keep going and not look back. I have to.

I could really use some advice though on one thing. I'm getting back nearly 200 dollars from as much as I was able to work last year, and am not sure what to do with it. I want to save up to go to my aunts, but I keep remembering going on trips to florida and tending to feel really irritable. Would this go away if I stay there awhile or should I buy a cold hat and/or vest to make it an easier transition? Jack has it in his gear. Other thing I want to purchase it short sleeved turtlenecks, to protect my thyroid gland from blue light. Is that a thing? I could start a trend...or just wear a scarf.

I did the sauna today and then was able to force myself to stay in the cold bath for 5 minutes. When I get over it psychologically, it seems like my body really craves the cold. Sometimes I worry its bad for me, though. I might just wait til it gets warmer in my environment since I seem to need the heat to tolerate it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  17. Remo

Remo New Member

Some reliable carb sources:
    - Cauliflower cookies (egg yolk + salt and raw cauliflower.. stir and fry them for some innocant carbs).
    - Sweet potato, if you can get the purple one... so tasty! and full of anti-oxidants, vitamines, minerals, potassium, magnesium etc. Dont eat too much though.
    - I make my own vegetable "pots" where I just dump allot of vegetables + herbs in a pan and cook it. Seriously I am not noticing any downsides to eating vegetable carbs. Most veggies we think contain quite some carbs actually contain very little (Broccoli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, zuccini.. but even higher carb ones are fine imo).
    truthfully I think it is more important to eat allot of fresh fish (DHA/Iodine/selenium) then focusing if you are in keto 100% of the time.

Intermittant fasting is actually a great idea! you can even eat a diet based on carbs and still be in ketosis for a certain time if you set your time frame right.
    What I do is this:
    - Eat your first meal whenever your hungry (unless your doing leptin reset etc. then I would follow Jack's protocol). btw, Having a bowel movement before breakfast is a good sign and cleans your digestive tract nicely.
    - skip lunch unless you are hungry or combine your lunch and dinner into 1 (could eat your dinner around 4PM for instance).
    - ideally you wouldn't snack anything after dinner but the main rule is to stop eating before 20:00. This way you ensure that you go to bed on an empty stomach which allows the transition to ketosis during sleep.
    - i usually do a timeframe of 14+- hours, noticing that 16 is really the most benificial for most gains (but its hard to get adjusted too).

Currently im not even in ketosis myself but this is mainly since im living with my parents atm. When I move out it becomes a bit easier to micromanage my meals.

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Chaostheory said:
    The only things I'm missing from Dr. K's list of paleo supps/nutrients are the right type of vitamin K and methylfolate.
    -----------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

-----------------------------------
    Good idea is to test
    homocysteine

-----------------------------------

There appear to be three types of responses to methylfolate:

FIRST: A person who can jump on methylfolate and feel absolutely wonderful. The only down side they experience is why didn’t they know about methylfolate before?!

SECOND: A person starts methylfolate has an amazingly incredible week where they are happy, interacting and alert. Then the second week comes and they switch to wanting to hide in a room by themselves or literally throw dishes across the room out of anger. Or they may become bed ridden from muscle aches, intense headaches or joint pain.

THIRD: A person takes a small amount of methylfolate and feels all the methylfolate side effects right out the gate.

Methylfolate Side Effects:
    • irritability
    • insomnia
    • sore muscles
    • achy joints
    • acne
    • rash
    • severe anxiety
    • palpitations
    • nausea
    • headaches
    • migraines

Chaostheory and Remo like this.
  19. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

My other bio hack is to spend money on is the pressure cooker...I don't have a ton of patience and it would make the bone broths quicker to do.

I was also thinking of wiring myself to the ground with a copper wire, but from what I looked up that might not be the best idea...there are tons of power wires everywhere around here. I would do what Mystic Rose said and buy a wool sleeping bag and cut the bottom out of the tent, but those are fairly expensive and I'd have to worry about when it rains all the critters coming in...

20. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

My parents are now insisting I take a course of amoxacillan antibiotics for my long-standing sinus infection. I got some pqq to take along with it, as well as a bit of creatine monohydrate in case it adversely affects my brain function. We'll see how this goes...

Also, in good news, I got a job in Lowell which is only like 15-20 minutes away but more country than where I currently am. I may try and move out there, we'll see.