1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Tired of Feeling Geriatric

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Chaostheory, Feb 22, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Getting away from UN-seasonal sweets may be the best strategy for everyone here.

FWIW I sometimes use stevia if I need a sweetener.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Butyrate------->butter

phosphatidylcholine supplement=waste if it is renamed lecithin
    to work have to be in the form of liposome.
    Chemically Lecithin is almost the same as phosphatidylcholine
    except
    Lecithin=mess, disorder
    phosphatidylcholine=order

Cadaver---no life ----->it only looks like human,

[​IMG]

You need both PQQ and CoQ10

Taking iodine is 1/2 mistake
    have to be Lugol's=(Iodine + potassium iodide)
    selenium comes before Lugols.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  3. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

Thanks for the replies. It's hard giving up foods.

So for eating seasonally...does that mean the food's currently "in season" or eating like your ancestors? @JanSz I saw you mention that avocados are seasonal right now. When I eat them I get tired, which I'm not sure if that's detox or they're not agreeing with me. According to 23&Me most of my genes come from Italy, eastern europe, the balkans, and a little northern europe, so I don't think my ancestors were sitting around eating avocados, but I like them and they have nutrients that I need.

I'm not sure I can do full-on ketosis since my thyroid's sluggish and I get mood swings. I've been trying to include at least one large serving of leafy greens, one of colorful veggies, and one of sulfur veggies a day. I'll have to look at Jack's way of feeding mitochondria more. I feel immediate benefits from sunbathing that go into the next day, so I'm assuming it's more important than vegetables.

Is there such a thing as too much sunbathing? I was sunning for 3-4 hours yesterday, and 2 hours outside today. I experience chronic fatigue, and saw one woman on here has it and she's weary about too much sun on her head. Going for a little evening walk now...

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Personally I do not put much weight on my 23andme.
    Mine is rather royally messed up
    but
    what counts is balance
    and
    my balance works not that bad
    so, I am inclined to not let human touch go there

Instead I use
    fatty acids analysis to tell me about what fats I need and what fats I want to take less.

Using this
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-65#post-208490
    and following posts
    helps in figuring fat and some other nutrient content.

My my (resultant) nutrients status I consult:
    Spectracell Micronutrient analysis.

Spectracell.com

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Taking care of Mitochondria:
    light
    Circadian Rhythm (awareness and maintenance)
    preferably real sunlight
    then
    artificial lighting (Human Centric)
    reptile lights
    UVa + UVb
    red 660nm
    IR 850nm
    heat
    --------------------------
    nnEMF
    --------------------------
    PQQ
    CoQ10

and
    Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis
    +
    fatty acids analysis
    +
    figuring out what makes perixomes tick?

//////////////////

6. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

So would you recommend antioxidants? I take this multivitamin juice my doctor gave me. Some of it's derived from quinoa, which I don't really like, but it's nice to know I'm getting vitamins/antioxidants.

I've been considering taking tart cherry. No food I eat is really agreeing with me, and I'm thinking the increased fish intake has some drawbacks for me. :-/

Tomorrow I'm going to force myself outside for the sunrise. Normally, when i do wake up I end up going back to sleep because I feel so ill at sunrise, but Jack Kruse says that means I need the dopamine.

So do you agree I should stay away from eggs, based on stool testing and blood test? I like them a lot but I can get the same nutrients elsewhere. Then maybe try adding them in again, or quail or duck eggs several months down the line...

7. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Excessive antioxidants can surpress signaling to optimize mitochondria. I would not be taking exogenous antioxidants without a specific target and effect in mind.

If you have family in Sarasota get down there and get to the beach everyday.

8. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Exactly what bionaut said here. You need to heal your mitochondria, not confuse it. Nature is going to do more for you than anything that is man made and I feel very confident saying so.

caroline likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

what Rose and Bionaut said ^^^^^^^

Chaostheory likes this.
  10. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

You sound right. I'm suspicious about the tanning bed...I think it's confusing the mitochondria more. Would you say the same about the pqq, even if it helps my energy? I've started regularly doing 2 face dunks/day the last couple days. I think I'll make it three. I've also set out a tent in the backyard and have been sleeping out there on the nights where it's not raining. I think some combo of the grounding and cold temperature is helping me sleep better, even without my cpap. I missed the sunrise again this morning. I'm thinking I'll try a bit of melatonin before bed tonight to see if that helps, also go to bed earlier.

I'm talking on the phone tomorrow to the doctor with my mom. I'm worried he'll subtly accuse me again of being too dramatic about my illness. I'm starting to think even alternative medicine has little to offer me with this. I did get this device called hyrrem through him that is supposed to help with ptsd, and I've started only using i outside until my redox is better. We'll see how it goes. He felt bad for me and gave me an assignment to write about the use of pregnenolone for autistic adults because I said back in the day I was a good student, but I haven't done it yet. I feel like he's trying to show me I don't have it so bad. He said he'd pay me so I might as well, even though I'm frustrated (and need to stop going on the computer so much). I just hope long term I won't need a doctor...

He's putting me on adrenal supplements (I've already been on pregnenolone for a couple weeks), and then wants to do amino acids.

What do you think? Should I take the supplements/amino acids in the meantime until I can scrape enough money together to a ticket to my aunt's? I can post a list of my supplements, along with a list of what I saw Jack reccomends. One thing I'm curious about is uridine, I really think I need to be on something to rebuild my traumatized brain, at least for now.

What @JanSz said about looking ok but feeling barely alive, is how I feel. Don't know if it's because I'm not making phosphatidyl choline quickly enough or if it's all related to redox, but whatever it is it seems to have a mind of it's own. Also, testing by my doctor showed that my body's making a normal amount of phospholipids, but maybe I need more?

P.S. I had 3 fillets of fish, a can of mackerel, and one sardine today. Also, I've started taking forskolin and adding gelatin to my diet, it's helping. I also added a bit of baking soda to my spring water tonight...how much can you take per day of it?

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  11. Mystic Rose60

Hi Chaostheory

I love how you have set up your tent to sleep outdoors. When I began my healing journey, I set my tent up and I cut out the floor and invested in a nice wool sleeping bag, so that I would be connected to the magnetic field. I slept outdoors for quite sometime during my first year. Just make sure that your tent inside is really dark inside so that your body is getting the optical nonlinear signal that it's now time for your body to heal and regenerate. This means no solar radiation, or artificial blue light Chaostheory. Taking oral melatonin is not a wise decision either. You need to make sure that you are up in time to look at the sunrise and take the time to also get out in the morning uv light, rather that be at home, or on your breaks at work. If you do this faithfully, the uv light is going to regenerate your melatonin cycle. Please just trust what Nature will do for you here.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2785757/

Good job on those face dunks too. It sounds like you're beginning to adapt. Have you experimented with cold showers yet?

How did you like the bicarbonate? I drink at least one bottle of Gerolsteiner a day and that has 1,800 mg in it. My suggestion is to always just experiment. Your n=1 is unique and your needs are different from mine or anyone else's here. However, our mitochondrias all have the need for qualuity light, water and magnetism in order to thrive. It's taken me two years to feel this great and I'm not done yet......we are never done until we take our last breath. You have to work at this daily to thrive! :thumbsup:

Have you ever considered making rich bone broths, made from pastured beef bones, fish bones and fish heads , seafood shells, pastured egg shells, onions, dulse, seaweed, spices and herbs? If not, they are wonderful and I make a huge crockpot every week now.

My husband and I are just getting into drinking quality teas here too, caffeine free and I love to prepare them myself and sit them out on the ground, in the sun to steep. I've been preparing Pau D Arco inner bark and Jiaogulan teas here and I've been adding organic sunflower lecithin phospholipid to the Pau D Arco tea , a tablespoon per day for each of us. I blend it in Ninja and we sit outdoors and drink it. If this interests you, here are the sources that I use here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EWUHC7C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VNGO4G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N02YNF5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You're going to find that the more time you spend connected to Nature, the more dopamine you will begin to make and you will begin to focus better and make better choices. Right now, I think that a trip to your aunt's and a week on the beach is an excellent choice. This would be a great time to print out Jack's blogs and take them to the beach to read. Just make sure that if you do decide to go, you mitohack with the jet lag Rx though and get a flight that does not have wifi in the plane.

https://www.jackkruse.com/jet-lag-rx-human-flight-biohacking/

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Great advice here. Heed it.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Reconnect with nature. Need a boost? This is the power of a walk among the trees. Read more: http://wef.ch/2nWtXUR

Remo and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Excellent place as in the picture.
    Note that there is only one human there.
    Make sure it is not virtual reality.
    Stay in one like this, the one that is located 100 miles from nowhere and the there is no more that 50 people in 100 sq miles.

upload_2017-4-11_9-43-32.png

Remo and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[qu ote="Chaostheory, post: 212132, member: 19816"]
    He's putting me on adrenal supplements (I've already been on pregnenolone for a couple weeks), and then wants to do amino acids.

What kind supplements?
    I suggest Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis
    to find out what you are missing.

What do you think? Should I take the supplements/amino acids in the meantime until I can scrape enough money together to a ticket to my aunt's? I can post a list of my supplements, along with a list of what I saw Jack reccomends. One thing I'm curious about is urine, I really think I need to be on something to rebuild my traumatized brain, at least for now.

What @JanSz said about looking ok but feeling barely alive, is how I feel. Don't know if it's because I'm not making phosphatidyl choline quickly enough or if it's all related to redox, but whatever it is it seems to have a mind of it's own. Also, testing by my doctor showed that my body's making a normal amount of phospholipids, but maybe I need more?

How did he do the testing, scan and post test report.

consider getting this test:
    Creatine Kinase (CK), Total Plus Isoenzymes Test Number: 002154 CPT: 82550 (total); 82552 (isoenzymes)

P.S. I had 3 fillets of fish, a can of mackerel, and one sardine today. Also, I've started taking foreskin and adding gelatin to my diet, it's helping. I also added a bit of baking soda to my spring water tonight...how much can you take per day of it?
    baking soda
    I see in my notes:
    taken 1-2hrs AFTER meals to support digestion and pancreas. 2capsules(1000mg) 2x/daily(after meals)

[/quote]
    uridine
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  16. Mystic Rose60

Here's the recent podcast that Jack did. Listen carefully to what he says about connecting to nature and healing. I just feel that sometimes we over complicate the healing process, vs using our time and spending it out in nature to heal. That's just me though and I can't speak for how others feel about this. I have recently discovered a lovely area of 293 acres of woods, nature trails and creeks, located 5 miles up the road from my home. I'm packing up my backpack and I'm off to spend 4 or 5 hours there today. I'm going to hike barefoot, sit in the sun when it shines and do some CT in the creek.

Remo, drezy and Sue-UK like this.
  17. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

Ok, I did the walk thing on a more remote wooded path, and I definitely felt a boost! And afterwards I was exhausted, but I'm considering it a good sign.

@bionaut Do you mean none at all, even no herbs (like forskolin)? That seems to be helping with my food cravings, so I was planning on using it to help me transition my habits. The one time I tried full-on low carb I was eating really low quality meats like generic burger patties and hotdogs and eating a lot of raw honey per the advice of selfhacked.com, and then it was the middle of summer and I wasn't going outside at all...so a really bad trial. I think I can do low-carb under the right conditions. Right now my carb sources are basmati white rice and sushi rice. The last few days the vast majority of the food I've ate has been fish.

Can I wear the red glasses during the day when I go on the computer to look on this website and my e-mail?

18. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

Oh, and I wanted to share, my dad's just got eye surgery because he was getting cataracts. :-/ He decided to get it not long after I found this website and saw some people mention it's a mistake. And then now that the surgery's done he's using ciprofloxacin drops in his eyes. I'm just hoping he doesn't experience a health downturn, and trying not to think about it.

Other good news, after my walk and sun gazing yesterday, I was cleaning out my nose and right afterwards experienced tinnitus for the first time in years. Why is that good news? I'm assuming something moved in my brain to allow me to notice that.

Remo likes this.
  19. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

So I typed the last two posts after talking to my doctor on the phone. We're at an impasse. He wants to treat my from the bottom up, and I'd like to do the top down or outside-in approach. I went on a 4 hour journey through a forest park I found that was 10 minutes from my home...and I'm feeling good so far today. I really think this is the answer.

@JanSz His adrenal product is all adaptogens, so I'm not sure I should take it. Since Bionaut and Jack suggested I stop all exogenous antioxidants, I have, and my thinking is clearer. I've also been doing some light CTing, spending lots of time outside, lying with my bare stomach on the ground, and even did a short cold shower today. Tomorrow is easter and I'll be at my grandma's but I've decided that afterwards I'm basically going to live outside as I've done today...and then I can keep up my side jobs of babysitting and possibly math tutoring on care.com.

Even though alternative/bio medicine doesn't seem to have the right approach either, they were somewhat helpful in taking the pressure off of me. They also have given me a book for free about learning to release old feelings, and although I don't think that I'd need to do that if I were healthy, it seems like something I need right now.

I have one more question for @Jack Kruse , what part does the father play in this? I've heard that they say the father's dna is where spectrum disorders come from...so do we get our immune system from the father's side? I'm speculating because I think my depression/weird learning style growing up was all connected to the malaise and heat in my head---->which is caused by my brain's immune system, I'm guessing

20. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Adaptogens and antioxidants are different. I have used some adaptogenic herbs to produce a few different results. I don't know much about forskolin so I can't comment on that but I would encourage you to find what works for you. If it's going to help you adapt your food choices for a transitionary period then sounds good to me.
    Thumbs up on the nature hikes. Getting into natural settings is good stuff.

There was one point where I was taking about 10 supps. Was a waste of money in my case but results vary. A pressure cooker and a shellfish broth with turmeric and cow bones, however was not a waste of money, I encourage you to try it.

Release of negative emotions can have positive impacts on your heart and brain. Finding a meditation practice was extremely useful For mental optimization

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Mystic Rose60 and Remo like this.