1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Tired of Feeling Geriatric

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Chaostheory, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

Hi everyone. I'm a 24 year old who has dabbled in paleo here and there but only recently has gotten the motivation to really change things.
    Most of the issues I want to change are brain-related. I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, suspected of having mild aspergers (mainly, I like to worry/overthink), and have a good deal of inefficient, circular thinking. I feel like I'm 80 years old. I don't enjoy anything, basically, except for eating but in that case it's become an addiction. I have sexual dysfunction that keeps getting brushed off as psychosomatic. My memory is kind of faulty (short term especially, but I can also take an extra second or so to remember things in a conversation) and I have constant brain fog. I could go on but will leave it there.
    I'm not sure to what extent I will improve since my mind and body have felt crappy as long as I can remember, but I've decided I'm going to try and feel the best I can.

I do see a good integrative doctor, but I decided I needed a community of people who felt the same way I do. I've always had this intuition that if I lived out in nature I wouldn't have developed these problems, and that it could improve me. Right now I'm not functioning well enough to go anywhere and I'm living with my parents, but there's a lot I can do still. I'm still able to work, but it's hard currently.

Any ideas on what I should work on first? I just recently added iodine (as well as drinking non-fluoridated water) to my large collection of supplements and I can swear I'm already thinking better. I'm not sure how to eat, because the brain fog is so bad for me that it's hard to tell how my body reacts to different foods. I want to try Epi-paleo rx, but am scared of the effect it will have on histamine levels in my brain (my doctor thinks that might be an issue for me). Can a green smoothie (no fruit) be allowed on epi-paleo in order to protect against histamine.

The other concern is that according to my doctor, my mitochondrial function was decreasing. He seemed to attribute that to diet, but from what I understand it's more light-related.

I also went to an emotional release therapist who says she works with energy, and have noticed some improvements.

Oh! Really important to add, I have hashimoto's and also systemic antibodies against muscle and connective tissue. So some kind of systemic autoimmune condition. I'm not sure what the best thing to do for this other than what I'm already doing. I've been doing a right brain-left brain brainwave optimization machine to get my sympathetic under control, but without all the basics (like proper social connection) I think it's having a hard time calming down. The light in Michigan is terrible. I have some amber glasses that I hate wearing...would wearing them every night significantly help? Only thing is I'm embarrassed to go out anywhere with them. If I were to only purchase a red bulb for my room at night or a uvb bulb to get some real light in the day time...which would you choose?

I have a chronic sinus infection that's been with me I'm guessing for at least a few years, and I'm going to tackle it naturally (antibiotics will just mess with my brain more)....I'm not sure how though: Chris Kresser has an article about it where he recommended Xlear nasal spray, johnson's baby soap in a neti pot, as well as InterFase Plus...any thoughts? Right now I'm just generally supporting my immune system through diet/supplements. InterFase Plus has some edta in it to break up biofilms plus enzymes, so am holding some hope that that could help me.

Basically, I know primarily I need to change my lifestyle. Going to be early, eating epi paleo, getting sun/circadian rhythm figured out to help with mitochondrial issues, hormones balanced. I'm hoping to find a community of others who believe in getting as close to nature as possible. Is this the place?

I also was looking at the products restore4life and asea, particularly asea because in my case my brain issues continue to get worse and I don't have the mental power to overcome them in my current state (and I read on cancertutor asea can bide time). Something to bide me some time so I don't get totally disabled and can figure this out more efficiently would be nice (although I know it's not what nature would intend).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Janet Shold and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

yes - this is the place! But - may I suggest you concentrate fully on what Jack Kruse has to say .....

Start by getting outside every morning and watching the sunrise ...little to no clothes on - feet firmly planted on the ground. Hug a tree

Your journal has so many contradictions. If you want to get better you have to do stuff! lots of stuff!! and you need to start today! your life depends on it.....

Blue blockers are critical for you! You feel embarrassed????? are you kidding me?

Start by reading JK's book - a few times........

read John Ott's book ....Light and healing

Listen to all Jack's podcasts - over and over until you get it

look on the home page for the getting started guides ..... read the leptin RX.

It is all here - everything you need - if you truly want to get better. It won't be quick or easy - but it is doable - lots have have turned their titanic around.

Baby steps....you didn't wind up in this set of circumstances over nite - it will take time and dedication and perseverance - Are you up for it?

some easy things to start with.....

Get all electronics out of your bedroom

No fake lights after sunset

blueblockers

spring water

lots and lots of seafood

Please come back tomorrow and tell us a couple of things you have started to do to optimise your health....

Sheddie, AloniaC and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I'm a 24 year old
    I have hashimoto's

Lots of selenium and Lugols

1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)

1 dropperfull/day=40mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3B49R2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

-----------------------------------------------
    I feel like I'm 80 years old. I don't enjoy anything,
    The light in Michigan is terrible.

You need lots of lots of light, so you can have
    1- good Circadian rhythm
    2- good vit D
    3- good vit A

see link below.
    ---------------------------------------------
    If I were to only purchase a red bulb for my room at night or a uvb bulb to get some real light in the day time...which would you choose?
    -----
    Look here:

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-201738

-------------------------------------------
    I have a chronic sinus infection

Go to
    http://www.entandallergy.com/
    ask for help
    you may need (light surgery) balloon to open sinus
    -------------------------------------------

my large collection of supplements

It is good idea to take supplements (and their amount) based on some justification.

For mine I use:
    https://www.spectracell.com/
    https://www.spectracell.com/order/
    Micronutrient Test (MNT)

repeat that test every 6 months until stabilized
    After first test, figure out your list of supplements per results
    after following test results correct existing list by adding or subtracting from existing list.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Did not hear where you live? welcome

5. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

Yes, looking back at it there are a lot of contradictions...I will have to stop that somehow. No more 80/20 rule for me.

I also have upper airway resistance along with the sinus issues, so I use a cpap. Should I quit using it to decrease emf? I've noticed some improvements to my sleep recently after tilting my bed.

Oh, and Jack, I live in Michigan, in the suburbs. Lots of emf around me.

My saliva test results said I was at the step before adrenal fatigue. Is someone at my level of dysfunction ok to do cold thermogenesis? The last couple of days I've been face dunking after dinner, it feels good on my hot forehead. I also did some outside/earthing today.

I'll update more tomorrow on what my plan will be.

Oh, one question for Jack...what is the best kind of water? I've never had much of a thirst drive...I don't know if that's just my brain or something in the water.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

face dunks are great - good girl!

The best Doctor is the one in your heard - really pay attention to how you are feeling and trust your instincts.

Just start slowly ....get outside as much as possible. Avoid fake light and nnEMF.

Please give Dr. K. some health history ....your Mom's and Gran's and siblings.

Where you live and work is really important .....

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  7. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

This is totally the place. Be prepared to change your perspective on a lot of things, and also keep in mind that your personal context might change things up a bit. @JanSz always says to focus on the good things, instead of trying to combat the bad things. In other words if you do a lot of things right, many of your problems might go away. Human biology is complex, and any of your health issues can have a myriad of causes. For instance nasal spray is a very specific 'treatment' of a specific problem. You might be better of to focus on improving your overall health instead of fighting symptoms.

If you want to get practical, check out every Rx on the blog: https://www.google.nl/webhp?&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=site:jackkruse.com+rx
    But it's better to understand why it works because then you'll make better choices intuitively. It's a cumulative process, after many months/years of better choices you end up with a much better life.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Water for me is Green Mountain Valley these days or Gerstoliner.

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  9. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Two of my absolute favorites.

10. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

From another Michigander, welcome! :) Sleep is a time to regenerate and since you currently live in the suburbs, pay attention to just how dark your sleeping quarters are at night. If your room is not pitch black, then you might want to get some blue blocking curtains. Target now sells a nice line of these curtains and they are very effective and reasonably priced too. I hung some in my 83 year old Mother's bedroom for her and she just loves them. It's so important to block out all blue light at night.

Caroline mentioned the face dunks, and those are great. Since you are in Michigan, walking barefoot on the cold ground, and especially if it is wet or there is frost on it, also has a positive effect on the mitochondria respiratory proteins. As does standing or walking in the cold water of a lake. I just did this in lake MI yesterday and the water was 36 degrees. I'm cold adapted now and I wanted to actually go in and do some quick CT, but there was still too much ice to maneuver and strong waves.

caroline and Mayuri like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Chemistry and physics are experimental sciences with theoretical basis, while biology is quilt work of time scales stretch out over billions of years. So what is biology? Most define it by evolutionary change. I don’t. It is the study of change without change by transforming energy within cells using electrons ability to drop the sun’s energy when they fall from the excited to ground state and emit a photon. That emitted light is what programs hydrated proteins (LED like) for action.
    [​IMG]
    Life is all about what happens in this picture of the Jablonski diagram as an exicted electron from an electric sun falls to the ground state with no time experienced. Why? An exciton is formed in the blood plasma on hemoglobin and carried to mitochondria. In plants and photosynthetic plankton in the sea is occurs right in the chloroplast during photosynthesis

[​IMG]
    Evolutionary systems cannot be governed by time because each instant the environment varies, so why does biology require reproducibility in experiment? Physics says time is effected with the succession of probabilities each moment, doesn’t it? In quantum mechanics, certainty is always replaced by probability, yet everything alive uses a mitochondria or chloroplast to use light and electrons quantum mechanically; it seems biology has a huge problem at its core doesn't it if its successes call for reproducibility today?

Why did paleo fail you in Michigan? Because it never taught you that Michigan solar yield is not enough for the redox power in your bad mitochondria..........your story above shows all the signs.

12. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

Here is my family health history from my Mom:
    Paternal Grandmother: Good health at 88. One year ago had open heart surgery for a valve and is doing very well.
    Paternal Grandfather: Died at 83. High blood pressure, moderate obesity. Mild dementia in last years after car accident.
    Maternal Grandmother: Diet at 67. Colon cancer (her father had colon cancer too).
    Maternal Grandfather: Died at 73. Pulmonary fibrosis.
    Father: High blood pressure. Recently had a heart procedure to stop AFIB. Successful so far.
    Mother: Good health. Some arthritis.
    Father's sister (aunt): Died of multiple sclerosis at age 36.
    Other father's sister and her daughter (aunt and cousin): Thyroid issues.
    Father's paternal aunt: thyroid issues, had surgery.
    Father's First Cousins, male: died of multiple sclerosis type disease in his 30s.
    Daughter of different Father's First Cousin: in her 30s, has Multiple Sclerosis.
    Mothers's First Cousins: Two male first cousins had learning difficulties, dropped out of high school. One was maybe ASD or mental illness as he was a semi-hermit for much of his life.
    Maternal Grandmother's First Cousin: Died of thyroid issue in her 30s. Was very anxious.

Everyone else is fine.

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Chaostheory said:

I live in Michigan,
    My saliva test results said I was at the step before adrenal fatigue.

I also have upper airway resistance along with the sinus issues, so I use a cpap. Should I quit using it to decrease emf? I've noticed some improvements to my sleep recently after tilting my bed.
    -------------------------------
    upper airway resistance along with the sinus issues
    must be investigated
    you may need corrective surgery, it is not going to go away on its own even if you move to equator and have the best water
    (I had deviated septum, my daughter got same plus some other)
    EarNoseThroat
    start looking at something like this:
    we used franchise.
    http://www.entandallergy.com/
    1-855-701-1283
    --------------
    Ask for MRI of your sinuses.
    My wife newer complained about sinuses or breathing.
    Until recently, at 71yo she had a problem accepting dental work.
    MRI found her left sinus completely blocked out.
    Minor surgery with baloon-xxx opened her sinus.

I say the dentist she have now is first class,
    but even this guy waited too long.
    She went thru other dentist (good for me) not good enough for her.
    One stupid MRI, that was all that was missing.
    ---------------

After you figure out your airways,
    if you follow natural light patterns
    your adrenal fatigue either may go away or you will have better chances.
    When you must use cpap your chances are less.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Reprinted from Cattle Call, 2008, Vol 13, Iss 4
    Stillborn Calves in Michigan
    Linked to Iodine Deficiency

http://msue.anr.msu.edu/uploads/236/58572/StillbornCalvesinMichiganLinkedtoIodine.pdf

1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)

1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3B49R2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

4/day Biotic Research Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, 1drop=2000iu Vit D

15. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

I've been taking iodine and selenium and drinking reverse osmosis water for the last few weeks.

Today I'm going up to 2 face dunks a day. I'm also doing some tai chi or rebounder every day.

Athough ideally I'd move, what can I do in the meantime? Especially since I need to build some mental stamina so that I can stay and I don't have to move back. Even though I can't get great light right now, will diet still help me? I've started having at least 2 servings of seafood a day. Are lectins something I should avoid? My weakness has been eggs the last couple of years, I've developed cravings for them. I also like lentils, and potato chips fried in coconut oil. And lots of veggies.

Would blocking emfs at night as much as possible help? I don't have the money for a faraday cage or anything like that.

Also, has anyone here found a way to detox metals for sure? I've heard you want to get inflammation down first, but I'm curious whether my mental symptoms and sexual ones have anything to do with iron toxicity.

Oh, I'm grounding every day for 1.5 hours at least. Also thinking of sleeping outside in a tent since it's getting warmer.

I guess I should also add I have convergence insufficiency and am near-sighted and have worn glasses since age 11-12. I've suspected that something has been mildly off with my vision for my whole life. Around 7 months ago, I experimented with the drug NSI-189 and experienced crisper vision while on it.

Remo likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

reverse osmosis water is good on its own, but it is stripped of minerals, so using it another questions may arise.
    I use Spring Water.

The more time you spend outside the better.
    Unless you were born with CPAP, it is not natural long term.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Chaostheory

I also have upper airway resistance along with the sinus issues, so I use a cpap.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    @Scompy

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/scompys-journal.16641/page-43#post-209263
    The largest problem in the room were the CPAP machines. Each emitted 30milliGauss fields a foot away while OFF. When I measured the head-space, this was about a 5 to 8 milliGauss field, and still over a 3 milliGauss field in the center of the bed. Could their CPAPs be both the cause of their problems with the illusion of medicine during a full-night's sleep? Major facepalm. Yes, they were using the CPAPs all night long to destroy their mitochondria during their regeneration cycles.

=====================================

CPAP------>is usually used because of
    sleep apnea ---->often bad Circadian Rhythm
    and
    airways problem

both problems are major for Chaostheory

18. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

I promise I'll get to reading (from printed paper, right?), but I'm impatient and wanted to just ask a couple questions real quick.

@JanSz Were you able to get the nasal surgery covered by your insurance? If so, how did you present the situation to your ENT? Because of the way I come across, I don't want them just assuming I'm a hypochondriac.

@Jack Kruse My brain doesn't do so well with heat and humidity (mostly humidity), but if I could find a way to deal with that, would Sarasota, Florida be a suitable location? I have a relative there and might visit to see if I like it down there. Otherwise, I have an old friend in flagstaff, arizona, but we've been out of touch for a long while.

@WalterNL Thanks, that's good advice to keep in mind.

19. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

So my disease is probably mitochondrial in nature. I have testing that shows it, mito hacks make me feel stronger mentally...but I'm stuck on what to do to get more resilient so I can continue to heal versus fall back into my old habits.

The other day and yesterday I went and looked at the sunrise, and went on a walk. I stood barefoot outside and waded through a local lake. I also spent $5 to be in an infared tanning bed for 30 mins (this felt really good).

Most of my lab tests are fairly normal, but they were done after receiving fecal transplants, which I think may have normalized a lot of things in my body. However, I do still have gut inflammation, adrenal burnout, and mitochondrial issues.

I have a lot of signs of choline deficiency. I'm going to try duck eggs (intolerant to regular eggs) as well as a phosphatidylcholine supplement. Phosphatidylserine from soy has helped a little in the past. I'll also supplement uridine. I've also been taking resistant starch for the butyrate (from potato starch). Before going to a doctor, I was trying some crazy things like nsi-189 which didn't work as well as I'd hoped.

I've been occasionally taking acetyl-l-carnitine and alpha-lipoic-acid (is also in one of my blood sugar supplements).

Some hacks I've been thinking of trying: restore4life to help arrest the gut issue, creatine for overall body energy/strength, and I really need something to help with my food cravings/addiction and I was thinking forskolin might be able to help me with that as well as help with thyroid (feel free to tell me other ways to do this).

The infared made me feel better and more resilient to the cold lake, but is being in a tanning bed healthy? I'm not sure. I'll probably just buy an infared reptile lamp anyway so I don't have to go to the tanning salon except maybe for their uva bed.

One question: the only big things I've changed recently are pqq versus coq10 for the last week (ran out of coq10 & had some pqq lying around), infrared bed for 30 mins one day plus some outside sun last few days, and wading through a local lake the last few days. I'm starting to feel a little more alive, or aware, really. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the lake is what did the most for me. What do you think?

The three things I'm adding into my RX: reconnecting with busy friends I've been avoiding, tai chi or qui gong to move things through my body, and maybe babysitting or some kind of social work so I can feel good helping others. Also I printed out the Change RX and skimmed over that.

Oh, another thing I've been doing based off of what I watched on a youtube video: Primal Play. It's specific physical exercises that are good for your brain, I found it through the terry wahl's website.

Would just a regular infrared reptile lamp from a petstore be good enough as far as infrared goes?

I also have been taking magcalm at night and doing some epsom salt baths, and think I may be low on potassium since i’m getting muscle twitches. How much potassium should i take and what brand? Should I also be supplementing boron? I’m taking 37.5 mg iodine (was low in it since i live in michigan), and some selenium.

My final idea for my brain is to put LLLT on my thyroid and brain to help for myelination purposes. Would that be better than the infrared?

Friends have thought I might be getting mildly paranoid. Is this from too much emf?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  20. Chaostheory

Chaostheory New Member

Xylitol or erythritol for a sweetener in tea, etc.? I'm also trying to combat biofilms so that's a factor, and I also have some SIBO. I have stevia but am not a huge fan of the taste. Maybe I should just get used to it...