1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Timing: Post Leptin-RX

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by AdamF, Oct 26, 2017.

1. AdamF

AdamF New Member

The recommendation to keep eating like this after the reset (breakfast>lunch>dinner) seems directly at odds with circadia;

The fact that reaction time peeks in the late afternoon and insulin peaks after this period suggests that we're synced up to exert energy killing/running from animals in he late afternoon and have our largest meal of the day at night.

Is the recommendation to do with some kind of adaptation to the modern environment, or am I mis-understanding who this type of eating is indicated for -i.e. not for somebody who has fixed their redox/circadian rhythm?

From both personal experience and published research that when you subtract the en-trainment effect of the modern environment (food being available whenever we want it), we're most in sync eating the largest meal in the day after physical exertion.

Furthermore, there's research on grehlin stimulating memory centers, which would make sense considering that learning where the tigers hang out would be pretty advantageous.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23411585

I don't get it -- the "breakfast like a king" deal seems really, really off once the reset's done.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Read the current patreon blog. then realize at sunrise we're at 1600K and 1 hr prior to sunset 16,000 K. Then in 1 hour your at zero K. Now knowing all that.......you got to figure the Rx. Folks who are members are smarting now..........they know why sunrise and sunset are the key. Vermont 2017 bro.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  3. Ski coach

Ski coach Gold

Dr. Kruse, when I look at this image I see the bottom bar from 1800K to 16000K as a scale. The background color above can then be interpreted with the scale. Based on that, the color temp at sunrise and sunset are pretty similar. Is the 16000 a typo or am I misunderstanding something?

[​IMG]

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. AdamF

AdamF New Member

Is there a good resource or way to tell when UV-A is scheduled to appear based on location?

6. AdamF

AdamF New Member

That's interesting, so it's gravitational lensing which produces color temperature, but it's actually magnetism which produces darkness.

7. shiran

shiran Curious

Spectroscope

8. kris90

kris90 New Member

Adam, thanks for posting. I feel exactly the same as you. Maybe I'm wrong, but my N=1 has always been that I do better when I shift the majority of my calories later in the day: i.e. fast all morning, and eat from early PM to just prior to sunset. Then I'm fasted again from sunset to the following day midday.

I've never done the BAB from the leptin reset. I've been fasting this way for probably 3+ years now, and always felt great. The changes I've made since then have been AM sun in my face, and a shit ton of CT, and that's brought me to complete optimal, but my IFing has not really changed in 3 years. I eat mostly ketotic with seafood daily, and some carbs periodically (more in summer, less in winter). I don't think I've ever really been severely leptin resistant because I've always went to bed pretty early, but I feel as though I completely fixed my problem with sun+CT, and did not need the BAB, and generally feel better when I eat later in the day.