1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Timing of Near Infrared Sauna

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by cmegan, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

Thanks Jack.... I miss your purple jacket.. it was so cool...lol I need to buy me some purple clothes!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes........but getting sun is key and you know that better than most

3. Inger

Inger Silver

Yeah.... I sure am addicted to nude tanning since long ago... (I think from birth on :rolleyes: )......huh!
    now I know why

seanb4, Cpt.Tired and nicld like this.
  4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Like Carolyn's favorite jacket!:p oie_aBJ7P8Syq8u7.jpg

5. Daniel

Daniel New Member

So do I understand right that those UV bulbs to use 24/7 should be of 380nm (+another bulb for IR)? I read here that below 379nm is not good, but all commercially available blacklight bulbs are of 365nm or no information about wavelength

seanb4 likes this.
  6. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Are you sure it didn't say below 279nm, think 365 will be fine.

7. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Ah true, thanks Sean! :)

8. RyanMSauce

RyanMSauce New Member

Link to purchase Duracell CFL 10028B? I did a search and couldn't find.

seanb4 likes this.
  9. Dia

Dia Gold

10. RyanMSauce

RyanMSauce New Member

@Dia Thanks!. I wonder how much uva these put out at a distance of lets say 2-3 feet compared to the sun?

11. Dia

Dia Gold

You're welcome! I have no idea... but if it works for Dr K, it's good enough for me

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Read tensegrity 14 for sun figures. As far as the black light is concerned there is no comparison. Black light is to make up for missed sun exposure but cannot replace it. To Gert you through the day and keep the batteries topped up.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Light travels at the speed of light my friend........its gets everywhere fast.

cinnamon likes this.
  14. RyanMSauce

RyanMSauce New Member

I'm talking about the inverse square law here where the intensity of the light from the bulb is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source. The further we are away from the bulb the uv light will get exponentially weaker.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

for light at short distances it matters LITTLE

16. I have to think about this math. If we assume the light source is an expanding sphere, the surface area is 4 times pi r-squared. So as the distance from the source increases you can calculate the intensity of the beam. But, as Jack says, at short distances, not much affect. Either increase the time of exposure, or add sources.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  17. I think the data to do this comparison is available. Someday when I have the time to do the research....