1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Time with your kids.............

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Jack Kruse, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Today in a canoe in a cenote in the raging tropical sun........: In family relationships, love is really spelled T.I.M.E. We're all on borrowed time so we should make sure we use it wisely. Family for me, when I grew up, was a lot like nature. I realized early on I wanted to be different and take a unique path; like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one. I think if you want something to last forever, you must treat it differently than anything else. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You must expose it to the elements to toughen it to make an enduring monument. You don’t make it common or ordinary, you add a bit 'extra' to make it extraordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it shines. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by but it never takes the path you expect and must be OK with that. Listen carefully to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what it is. If you don’t listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little, they won’t tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff.

[​IMG]

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

beautiful pic Dr. K. .... your son?

What a treasure these relationships are and, I think, it translates to everyone we hold dear to us in our life.

You told us long ago to "see" people ....really see them and to "listen" .....really listen.

3. Rela

Rela New Member

Yes.... TIME is LOVE

ScottishEmma likes this.
  4. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

5. JoeT

JoeT Gold

Beautiful stuff Jack.

Thanks to @Jack Kruse .......my relationship with my daughter has changed 180 degrees.... We now spend all of our time together in Nature....."exploring." She is only 4 and she LOVES it. Winter has becoming something we look forward to, not dread, because the woods are more fun, and so is the snow.

Today.......I took her swimming vest of for the 1st time ever and let her go. She was shocked she could swim! It was exhilarating !

caroline, ScottishEmma and Phosphene like this.
  6. Charlotte English

Charlotte English New Member

With young kids especially, quality time is quantity time.