1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Time in the sun seems to create an estrogen free fall

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Denise0918, May 3, 2020.

1. Denise0918

Denise0918 Gold

This happened to me last year as well. I’m 2 years into menopause and after the winter when the sun becomes stronger here in Maryland I get very bad spells of racing heart preceding hot flashes cold flashes on the nights following lots of exposure. I’m usually 80% exposed to the sun when it’s available. I do AM fit 10-15 minutes then mid day ( 30 minutes or more) then evening mostly with my dogs do not that much skin. I also noticed when I used my red light ( Fire wave ) the same thing happened. Any reason for than my estrogen is clearing rapidly after building up over the winter ? And my autonomic nervous system is on a hair trigger. Last summer it eventually evened out but it’s very uncomfortable and alarming when this happens out of a dead sleep. I’d gratefully appreciate any suggestions.

2. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

I use Juva cream which Jack recommended a few years ago.

Denise0918 likes this.
  3. Denise0918

Denise0918 Gold

Is that progesterone cream ?

4. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

5. Inger

Inger Silver

you might want to look into blood donations to get rid of excess iron that might make hot flashes worse. Women after menopause get climbing iron numbers as they do not bleed anymore.
    Do an iron panel to make sure you are not deficient.
    My hot flashes have gone away since I stopped eating red meat and starting donating blood :) :)

Heart palps a symptom of too much iron too. I had that too sometimes, and it seems to be gone :)

Just an idea :)

I try to check every corner possible if there is something I can try or learn in addition, when there are issues going on.

Denise0918 likes this.