1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Time for UVA am sun

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Summer, May 21, 2018.

1. Summer

Summer New Member

Is there an app or website that will give time of UVA in am for your location like D minder does for UVB? Trying to figure out exact times ( more specific than being light out ) for where I live of sunrise to the inflection point obUVA light from the sun to help Hashimotos. Also is it UVA or B light that is the off switch for pituitary production of all anterior pituitary hormones?

2. JCDC

JCDC New Member

I've asked this before but never got a true answer. Maybe someone has found something by now though. good luck.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

Jude likes this.
  4. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

There's an app for iPhone called SunSurveyor where you can see the location of the sun on a 3D compass. It also shows the degrees altitude of the sun for a certain time. I have not yet found certainty with regards to at what time what sunlight frequency reaches Earth's surface. As @Rubicon said, UVB has been measured to appear above 30 degrees, UVA would be available earlier. @drezy is building a UVA testing device with his son to get more data: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...o-map-out-the-ir-a-and-uv-a-transition.19869/ He said that UVA popped up when "it was that time when the sun goes from reddish to yellowish". The app I mentioned also shows this transition between more reddish and yellowish color.

5. drezy

drezy Gold

Oh man! Way to hold a itochondriac's feet to the fire!

Just kidding. I work better under accountability and expectations anyway. My quirk.

Below is an image of the prototype hardware my son and I designed together. There are some kinks to work out and I think I know what they are but I didn't want to work it out without my son. It's all custom. It's low voltage and clocked really slow and sports and LCD screen (aka zero light emission)

I'll start posting more on this since it seems like a point of increasing interest.

brd.jpeg

Jan Christer and WalterNL like this.
  6. Jude

Jude Gold

7. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

Looks interesting.

What does the device do?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Play it safe.
    1.- use one month to gradually expose all your skin and eyes to available sunlight

2.- For a whole next year,
    Use all available sunlight
    and also cloudy and rainy days and have max exposure

3. Measure your vit D
    if you are over 200 ng/mL
    cut down on sun exposure
    Hint
    (newer happens, including on equator)

4. If you do not want to follow #1, you do not have to.
    You will burn or disfigure your skin.
    But
    that burning will not cause cancer.

upload_2018-5-22_11-34-22.png

Jude likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hashimotos

use huge amounts of Lugols (do not use Nascent)
    use reasonable amounts of selenium

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Do contacts lenses and statins have something in common to cause proliferative disorders in the eye of people with this mitochondrial disease? YEP. Contact lens block oxygen via the cornea to the deep layers of the eye. How does this affect light frequencies in the eye when the eye is seeing a ton of blue light? Blue light causes massive ROS. So do contacts. What frequencies do the contact lenses block? They tend to block UVA light via neuropsin. In the UVA range, more ROS are made in the eye than ANY other and this has catabolic implications for the TCA and urea cycle in the eye and on tissues in the eye that have to use gluconeogenesis with lowered oxygen tensions. Contacts all cause a pseudohypoxia in the eye so it changes the ROS made.…….what happens in mitochondria when oxygen drops in the eye because of chronic contacts and chronic blue light exposure with very little UVA light? It causes retinal proliferation and thinning and cataracts. Blue light and cataracts and AMD are a real issue. The degradation of aromatic amino acids requires molecular oxygen to break down the aromatic rings. Your retina is loaded with aromatic amino acids. Watch my Vermont 2017 video on youtube to fill in the blanks. As dissolved O2 in a cell rises ROS becomes more problematic. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-do-statins-cause-diabetes-jack-kruse/?published=t

drezy and Jenelle like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That QT#8 blog and the May 2018 webinar implications vomited on your screen right here.

12. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

What I have been wondering lately is if there is *ever* an ok time to wear contacts. For example, when going to a store with fluorescent lights or ... say, a college. Do they do *anything* beneficial -- ever? Or do they only block UV light, so it is just contacts = bad = always?

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

More on the femtochemistry and attochemistry of the skin. Full spectrum sunlight including UV-A and UV-B light normally increases Vitamin D3, histamine, and sulfhydryl groups, while lowering (via photolysis) adrenaline, steroids, testosterone, estrogen, thyroid hormone, DNA, and RNA. Why is this a big deal in DNA? As our skin sloughs off DNA slowly is exposed to sunlight on the surface layers of our skin. This means the slowly degrading DNA in our skin cells acts as a molecular sunscreen. Now here is more proof of this concept I mention 4 years ago on this very page. DNA contains a building block base called thymine from normal solar exposure. When thymine is hit with ultraviolet light, a single electron jumps into a slightly higher orbit around the nucleus of a single oxygen atom. This infinitesimal quantum leap sets off a response that stretches one of the thymine's chemical bonds and snaps it back into place, creating vibrations that harmlessly dissipate the energy of incoming ultraviolet light so it doesn't cause mutations in other DNA at deeper levels. This process is ruined in diseases like diabetes, obesity, and psoriasis which are all associated with skin changes and thickness changes. https://phys.org/news/2017-06-electron-tiny-molecular-sunscreen-response.html#jCp

Jude, JanSz, Josh Rosenthal and 2 others like this.
  14. Ted

Ted New Member

You can actually use Dminder for that. At about 18 degrees you will see the app giving you a uv of 1. That's uvA only. When it gets to 30 degrees it tells you that you can make vitamin D, that's when uvB comes in. So that window from uv 1 until vit D can be made is uvA.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Phosphene, JanSz and Jenelle like this.
  16. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

17. Zeke

Zeke Platinum

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold