1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Time for change. Going to Mexico

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Dave Key, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I'm electrosick and looking for ways to reverse arthritis, inflammation, anxiety; improve hormones and most of all get SLEEP.
    I practice earthing, watch the sun rise and spend hours in the sun, eat keto & seafood but I still get crappy sleep. Recently I ordered a body voltage meter and found high readings in my bedroom. The lowest readings are in the storage room so that's where I moved my bed and my sleep did improve but still isn't that great. My sleep really went wrong when I stopped taking opiates a month ago. I had several surgeries over the last few years and I was using opiates daily.
    There's a lot of dirty electricity in the old New Orleans house I'm renting and my landlord isn't on board with dealing with it. After explaining my health situation and lack of sleep my landlord agreed to let me out of my lease and even return the deposit. Instead of moving somewhere else around New Orleans I'm going to the Yucatan Peninsula for the summer.

Environmental hacks:
    There's a Schumann resonator in my bedroom and I sleep on a homemade magnetico sleep pad.
    Above my bedroom, in the attic, I installed Radiant Barrier from Home Depot to shield RF from a nearby cell tower.
    The kitchen wall is exposed to a nearby cell tower so I painted the wall with shielding paint and grounded it. My body voltage readings are 25% of the reading before I applied two coats of paint.

A concern of my primary doctor lately is high cholesterol:
    Blood drawn 12/11/18
    Cholesterol 410
    Trig. 90
    HDL NEW 58.3
    LDL CALC 337.7
    LDL DIRECT 349

January 9, 2019 labs
    CHOL,T.: 262
    DIR LDL: 187.7
    HDL4: 55.2
    LDL3: 190.8
    TRIG: 80

After months of asking my primary doctor I gave up and talked my chiropractor into ordering the "fancy labs" I haven't been able to order through my doctors at the VA. (Pregnenolone, salivary cortisol, leptin, omega3/6)
    Yay! I finally got all the labs I wanted

March 20 2019 labs:
    Pregnenolone 37
    Leptin 2.5
    Salivary cortisol .32
    *Omega 6:3 5.1 High*
    Arachidonic acid/EPA 4.1
    Omega-3 total 7.9
    EPA 2.9
    DPA 1.4
    *DHA 3.6 low*
    *Arachidonic acid 11.9 high*
    *Linoleic 26.3 high*
    Omega-6 total 40.4

I drank DDW 85ppm last month and noticed improved mental clarity and higher dopamine functioning (improved mood and less irritable).

Instead of owning a car, I ride a bike to help my hip surgery heal and force myself to exercise.
    Four months ago I moved out of the French Quarter to be less tempted to drink alcohol. It was like living in a frat house.
    I requested a surgery to remove a spinal stimulator/nerve pain block implant and it was removed two months ago (12/21/18). The device had a battery and transmitted by bluetooth and there was about 50cm of wire connecting the battery to a plate implanted on my spinal cord. My main concern was having an electromagnetic battery, a bluetooth transmitter and wires that might become an antenna for 5G jump conduction.
    On 2/20/19 my chiropractor mentioned my back is much less rigid and has been easier to manipulate since the implant removal. It has been less achey since the removal and probably why I quit feeling the need to take pain pills

Mental Dx:
    Tourette Syndrome
    PTSD
    High anxiety
    Obsessive/repetitive thoughts
    TBI
    Depression

Sleep dysfunction:
    A CPAP has been used for sleep apnea for 5 years.
    Sleep interruptions repeat 2-5x, with waking 1-2 hours prior to sunrise. Little/no dreams, low quality sleep.
    Phase shift of circadian cycle usually results in waking within 2-3 hours after sleep onset.
    Chronic pain from spinal osteoarthritis interrupts sleep.
    What I would do for a good night's sleep... I have tried everything and now I'm just going to go to the Yucatan Peninsula in search of a good night's rest.

Injuries:
    Compression fractures of T12/L1/L2 and bulging L4/L5 disc from a 1991 plane crash and
    2004 traffic accident; broken pelvis, broken ribs and clavicle, collapsed lungs, concussion/TBI.

Arthritic issues:
    Osteoarthritis in the left carpometacarpal joint limits left hand function.
    Neck pain/weakness commenced one year ago from C5/C6 ankylosis.

Surgical history:
    2015 L5/L6 discectomy
    2016 L5/L6 laminectomy
    2017 spinal stimulator implant with T10/T11 laminectomy
    2017 total hip replacement(left)
    2018 spinal stimulator removal.
    2004 pelvis fractures required reconstruction with hardware, 2 screws inserted laterally into the sacroiliac joint and 5-pin bridge across the pubic symphysis.

Successes: pain/weakness from nerve pinching at C5/C6 has subsided
    30 pound body weight reduction, blood pressure decreased from averaging 150/90+ down to 104/73,
    leaky gut symptoms subsided,
    skin cleared.

Treatments:
    Last year (May 2018) I visited the Amen clinic for a SPECT scan of the brain. The SPECT scan indicated damage and low activity/low blood flow in both temporal lobes (where I held a cell phone for years) and prefrontal cortex, signs of toxicity evidenced by scalloping across the top surface of the brain.

A Genocept genetic test for drug interactions showed how my genetics interact with dozens of different drugs. I discovered why I have no tolerance to serotonin inhibitors or any class of antidepressant or psychotropic drug. I also discovered why I require more opiates than average, my OPRM1 opiate receptor has the G allele...

I have used mesenchymal stem cells twice (from umbilical cord blood). The first dose, 1cc was administered intravenously. Sleep duration immediately increased from 3 hours average up to 8 hours uninterrupted. The second dose, 3 cc's, improved cognition and mood within hours. I became at ease in public when I usually would be withdrawn and antisocial.

Prescriptions:
    Androgel
    Temazepam
    Prazosin
    I refuse antibiotics, statins and NSAIDS

Supplements:
    Resveratrol
    Turmeric 1300mg w/piperine 10mg
    Zinc 30mg
    Vit. C 60mg
    Vit K2 100-200mcg
    Vit D 20,000 IU
    Potassium citrate 200mg
    Magnesium 500 mg nightly
    Phosphatidyl Serine 150mg
    Acetyl carnitine 1000mg
    N-acetyl cysteine 600 mg
    Alpha lipoic acid 300 mg
    Ginkgo biloba extract 120 mg
    Vinpocetine 15 mg
    Huperzine a 150 mcg
    Vitamin A 5000iu
    Vitamin C 2000mg
    Vitamin D 3 2000 IU
    Vitamin E 30 IU
    Vitamin K 45 MCG
    thiamine 50 mg
    Riboflavin 50 mg
    Niacinamide 50 mg
    Vitamin B6 25mg
    Folate 400 MCg
    Vitamin B12 500 MCG
    Biotin 500 MCG
    pantothenic acid 50 mg
    Calcium 20mg
    Iodine 75 MCG
    Magnesium 500-1000 mg
    Zinc 20 -50mg
    Selenium 200 MCg
    Manganese 5 mg
    Chromium 200 MCG
    Molybdenum 50 MCG
    CoQ10
    Omega-3 fatty acids total 3.2 G
    EPA 1.72 G
    DHA 1.16 G
    Other omega-3 fatty acids 320 mg

Library:
    The Vital Question (currently reading)
    The Oxygen Revolution
    CosmoSapiens
    The Sixth Extinction
    Life on the Edge
    Power,Sex,Suicide
    The Plant Paradox
    Paleo Solution
    Keto for Beginners
    Change Your Brain, Change Your Life

Consultation with Dr. Harch, operates an HBOT clinic in Marrero, LA. He instructs HBOT classes at LSU medical school and wrote the book, the Oxygen Revolution.
    I learned of his care for Veterans and learned that he provides free treatment to certain veterans. I consulted with him and was turned down. The reason is I would need more than the typical 40 sessions it takes for improvement. He suggested I buy my own HBO machine for home use because I would need it daily for life. Basically, HBO produces two different effects. Pure oxygen turns on repair genes. Pressure at 1 to 3 atmospheres turns off disease genes. In my case, a lingering chronic condition, the number of treatments necessary has no ending.

By July '18, I was on the Plant Paradox diet by Dr. Gundry for about 3 weeks when I found Dr. Kruse on youTube. I had lost 15 pounds by then. I started going to the Mississippi River to watch the sunrise and began practicing earthing/grounding. By winter I went keto/paleo and shed another 15. Losing weight was not at all my priority bit it's a nice effect I can't complain about; it's a sign of progress I can measure. My sleep improved when I started doing sunrises. Before getting morning circadian-setting sun I always woke several times at night and dragged through all-morning naps. Appointments before noon were impossible to make. Even if I was awake I was mentally too scrambled to function.

Other issues that improved:
    My leaky gut seems to be gone. A friend told me my skin cleared up. Brain fog lingers but is slowly lifting.

It wasn't long before I started putting it all together. My achey left hand is the one I hold a cell phone to dial with my right hand. There's less brain activity in my left temporal lobe where I used to hold my phone. My left pocket is where I carried cell phones. It's also directly on top of the hip joint that was replaced. 25 years of cell phone use, along with every other source of radiation, caused this radiation damage. (The arthritis in the CPC joint of my left hand. The cartilage in my left hip disappeared. The damage on the left side of my brain.) See a pattern?

Today I paid my last rent in New Orleans and bought a one way ticket to Cancun! Hopefully I will be reporting a good night's sleep soon.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Sean Waters, Euteamo02 and JanSz like this.
  2. Keep us posted on Yucatan.... I'll be keen to here your results/ thoughts.

Might see you there in January 2020 if you are still there!

Dave Key likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[QU OTE="Dave Key, post: 267152, member: 21933"]

March 20 2019 labs:
    Pregnenolone 37
    Leptin 2.5
    Salivary cortisol .32
    *Omega 6:3 5.1 High*
    Arachidonic acid/EPA 4.1
    Omega-3 total 7.9
    EPA 2.9
    DPA 1.4
    *DHA 3.6 low*
    *Arachidonic acid 11.9 high*
    *Linoleic 26.3 high*
    Omega-6 total 40.4

I drank DDW 85ppm last month and noticed improved mental clarity and higher dopamine functioning (improved mood and less irritable).

-----------------------------------
    Treatments:
    Last year (May 2018) I visited the Amen clinic for a SPECT scan of the brain. The SPECT scan indicated damage and low activity/low blood flow in both temporal lobes (where I held a cell phone for years) and prefrontal cortex, signs of toxicity evidenced by scalloping across the top surface of the brain.

There was discussion about vitamin B1 (thiamine).
    Suplemental usually is Benfotiamine.
    It works but only outside brain. It does not crosses blood/brain barrier.
    but
    Sulbutiamine crosses blood/brain barrier

Bulksupplements Sulbutiamine Powder (100 grams)
    https://tinyurl.com/y4gbneqb

400mg's 1x/day (in the morning)
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/apocashitstorm-tour.23770/page-2#post-272101
    @DrEttinger

---------------------------

Prescriptions:
    Androgel (I use 1.62% version, have found that dose giving me about 700ng/dL works better than more, I use 2 pumps.
    Temazepam
    Prazosin
    I refuse antibiotics, statins and NSAIDS

Supplements:
    Resveratrol
    Turmeric 1300mg w/piperine 10mg
    Zinc 30mg
    Vit. C 60mg
    Vit K2 100-200mcg
    Vit D 20,000 IU
    Potassium citrate 200mg
    Magnesium 500 mg nightly
    Phosphatidyl Serine 150mg
    Acetyl carnitine 1000mg
    N-acetyl cysteine 600 mg (I use 2400mg, dr Jack posted using 1800mg)
    Alpha lipoic acid 300 mg
    Ginkgo biloba extract 120 mg
    Vinpocetine 15 mg
    Huperzine a 150 mcg
    Vitamin A 5000iu (I use 2 pills/day of Now(fish origin), each pill=25000iu. Tested with Spectracell, one pill was not enough.
    Vitamin C 2000mg
    Vitamin D 3 2000 IU
    Vitamin E 30 IU
    Vitamin K 45 MCG
    thiamine 50 mg (see above)
    Riboflavin 50 mg
    Niacinamide 50 mg
    Vitamin B6 25mg
    Folate 400 MCg
    Vitamin B12 500 MCG
    Biotin 500 MCG
    pantothenic acid 50 mg (B5, for years I was not able to raise mine until I started using
    Vitamin Pro B5 (Dpanthenol) 100g (from Amazon.com I put it in my coffee.

Calcium 20mg
    Iodine 75 MCG
    Magnesium 500-1000 mg
    Zinc 20 -50mg
    Selenium 200 MCg (for a time 200mcg was ok, then had to change to 400mcg)
    Manganese 5 mg (for a time 15mg pills were ok, then had to take two pills (30mg)
    Chromium 200 MCG (had a problem raising it untillI got
    BodyBio - Chromium #5 Liquid Mineral, 4oz
    I am considering switching to BodyBio mineral supplements and specially their testing kit which allows you to take just right amount

Molybdenum 50 MCG
    CoQ10
    Omega-3 fatty acids total 3.2 G
    EPA 1.72 G
    DHA 1.16 G
    Other omega-3 fatty acids 320 mg
    [/QUOTE]

4. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Thanks JanSz!
    My supplement schedule has completely changed since I posted my journal. In fact, much has changed. I've made lots of tough adjustments but now it's all paying off. Once I found out I have fatty liver 2 months ago I went all in and cut out my worst habits.
    I haven't taken a pain pill since February and haven't had a drink in about 2 months. I stopped using Androgel about a week ago but today I noticed my voice is deeper and I'm less irritable. My natural hormone production is back in gear!

When the sun goes down lights go out.
    I watched sunrise with my feet in the ocean, went to a different beach after breakfast, and back to the beach after lunch. Today I had conch with butter and garlic with some vege's for breakfast, vege soup w butter for lunch.
    After lunch, a guided meditation to relax then back to the beach. My mood really shifted gears today when I went for afternoon floating at the beach.
    It's the best I can remember feeling in many years!
    Im super skinny with 35 less pounds to haul around. No gym, just ocean swimming and walking.
    I've been in Mexico 5 weeks now and have had some great days of improvement, especially today. I have been trying different locations for feel. So far, I've been to Playa del Carmen, Akumal, Tulum, Puerto Moreles, Bacalar and Isla Mujeres.

Supplements are hard to find here so I'm going to have to find someone to bring replacements for the ones I run out of. Lately, I've been increasing potassium, sodium and magnesium.
    I've been taking:
    NAC 500mg 2X/day
    Potassium citrate 200mg 2-3x/day
    K2 100mcg daily (2if I'm stressed)
    L-Tyrosine 500mg every 2 mornings
    Zinc Picolinate 50mg daily
    Milk thistle for liver(just ran out)
    S-Acetyl Glutathione 200mg (with 10mg of B6 and 1g of NAC) once or twice weekly
    Was adding Mag citrate powder to water before bed, just switched to Mag maleate 150mg before bed.
    DHEA 5mg at bedtime (just started trying this)
    Activated charcoal before bed last night.
    DDW 25 (for 2 weeks)along with water to dilute it.

CT is hard to schedule with all my travelling but when I get time I dunk the face in icewater from my cooler. And place icepacks on my liver.

If I fall asleep by 8:30or9 I wake up at 11or11:30pm. If I can delay sleep til 10 or 11 I can sleep til 4-6am.
    When I wake around 11 from a startling dream I might take Prazosin to keep dreams from waking me again.

Overall, I'm very happy about my new life in Mexico.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:08 AM
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks for sharing your story Dave. It is terrific that you are doing so much better.

Please keep us posted.

so - tell us .....what is Shah really like????

Dave Key and Sean Waters like this.
  6. Good stuff Dave, sounds like you are responding well...

What area do you feel best in?... Have you been to the Cenotes?

7. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I discussed my personal differences in location feel on the Playa Del Carmen megathread. Last page, 9 posts from the end.
    I've visited 3 cenote's and a lagoon, Azul, Eden and Encatada. My fav was Eden because it was large and the coldest water. Azul has a power line too close, Tulum's Encantada is warm, cloudy and too close to hotels. I've heard a few locals mention underground sewage leaks from nearby hotels seeping into cenote's so I'd go for the more remote ones. Also, easy to reach cenote's get packed with people. There should be a constant trail of people leaving the water to hit the restroom but it seems like most people stay in the water...
    Bacalar has a bueatiful lake but in peak season I would stay out of it.

Currently there's sargasso seaweed piling up on the coast so there are more people in the cenote's.
    Resorts that can afford to remove tons of seaweed daily will have cleaner beaches. Playacar seemed to have cleaner beaches. The ones that don't remove sargasso have large piles of smelly seaweed. The smell is overwhelming in some places so it pays to go find a suitable location. My solution for Playa Del Carmen was to rent a paddle board to paddle out far enough to jump in clean water for a good float/swim...
    Isla Mujeres was seaweed-free but it's beginning to show up a little here too.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 11:43 AM
    caroline and Sean Waters like this.
  8. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

The center of the Chicxulub crater is close to Progresso. I haven't visited there yet but I hear it gets pretty hot in late summer. Cost of living is low but you if you're used to modern surroundings and amenities it may be below your comfort level.
    I will at some point go there to see if I realize a higher magnetic effect.

caroline and Sean Waters like this.
  9. Heard progresso is shit mate. I stayed in Isla Mujeres last year, was alright, but not amazing.

I'll be heading to Playa and Tulum and seeking out a spot there... getting a motorbike... and then hitting Cenotes and Beach everyday.

I'll give you a shout in January if all goes as planned

10. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Very good. Start booking now. January is in the peak

Sean Waters likes this.
  11. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

[/QUOTE]
    Just found out I wasn't breastfed, and started vaccinations early.

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

shah78 likes this.
  13. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I enjoy camping on the beach. You are much more connected with nature that way. You can see the stars very well at night, hear the waves, and it requires no effort to catch the sunrise.

Looks good but $31/night is the highest campground prices I've seen anywhere. There are campgrounds as low as 100 pesos per night (about $6).

I like the remoteness of this campground but the thing that is going to eat up the most of your time is sourcing food. You can find decent food in restaurants but that gets pricey, especially if you are here long-term. I haven't seen a campground with a refrigerator yet so you must plan an ice run daily. For stocking up on food you could catch a ride into Tulum and find decent food at much lower prices. It's the most time-consuming chore of camping here.

Lahelada likes this.
  14. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

The "majic" of being here really kicked in last week. On Wednesday afternoon last week I realized how amazing I felt, better than ever.
    The easiest way to describe the realization of such improvement is, it's like the sensation of your ears "popping" back to normal after the cabin air pressure in an aircraft changes during flight. It's been so many years since I naturally felt so great, I really don't remember how long it's been.

caroline likes this.