1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Thyroid gallbladder link to hack?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Jack Kruse, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Fats stimulate bile acid release and this small squirt is what squeezes some love out of your thyroid. If you have no gallbladder you have a problem with thyroid secretion and cholesterol recycling and estradiol concentration.

Bile acids induce energy expenditure by promoting intracellular thyroid hormone activation.
    Watanabe M, Houten SM, Mataki C, Christoffolete MA, Kim BW, Sato H, Messaddeq N, Harney JW, Ezaki O, Kodama T, Schoonjans K, Bianco AC, Auwerx J.
    Source
    Institut de Génétique et Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS/INSERM/ULP, 1 Rue Laurent Fries, 67404 Illkirch, France.
    Abstract
    While bile acids (BAs) have long been known to be essential in dietary lipid absorption and cholesterol catabolism, in recent years an important role for BAs as signalling molecules has emerged. ... Here we show that the administration of BAs to mice increases energy expenditure in brown adipose tissue, preventing obesity and resistance to insulin. This novel metabolic effect of BAs is critically dependent on induction of the cyclic-AMP-dependent thyroid hormone activating enzyme type 2 iodothyronine deiodinase (D2) because it is lost in D2-/- mice. Treatment of brown adipocytes and human skeletal myocytes with BA increases D2 activity and oxygen consumption. ... In both rodents and humans, the most thermogenically important tissues are specifically targeted by this mechanism because they coexpress D2 and TGR5. The BA-TGR5-cAMP-D2 signalling pathway is therefore a crucial mechanism for fine-tuning energy homeostasis that can be targeted to improve metabolic control.

Alison N and rlee314 like this.
  2. Josh

Josh Gold

If one looks at the pathway of the Gallbladder Meridian, it meets the Stomach Meridian at the thyroid bilaterally (Stomach 9 as I recall, lateral to the Adam's Apple). In Chinese Medicine, the theory says that anything along a meridian pathway can be affected by the organ associated with the meridian.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

So what are y'all saying? Just add some bile salts? Bile salts over taurine? I have no gallbladder and thyroid dysfunction and estrogen dominance. Every time I have taken bile salts my gut feels sick and cramps....should I suck it up and take it anyway?

nicld likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I need to know more about this too....

5. Pamela

Pamela Gold

yea, I'd like to know about this too. I took bile salts when I was having problems with my gallbladder, now it is removed. Since having removal I discovered I'm hypothyroid with Hashimotos. I wonder if I had it prior to the GB attacks or if the removal of the GB caused thyroid problems.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^One of the major reasons why your battery has problems.

7. Aggie

Aggie Banned

I've noticed that tinker with the thryoid has re'vved up the gallbladder. I've found the only compounding pharmacy to use real T3/T4 combo dosing. It's much stronger and more bio-available than any other pharmacy out there. However, my gallbladder is a bit sluggish & perhaps full of stones. It's tricky to alter one thing & have fall out down stream. Not sure if the gallbladder will stop hurting & clean itself out or not - it's a bit painful. I would assume from Dr K saying the thryoid effects your batteries ? Thus a properly working thyroid helps the "batteries"?

I can explain the compounding pharmacy a bit more if anyone would like their contact info.

8. cantweight

cantweight Gold

My gallbladder was swiftly removed when I was only 28...not yet showing any signs of thyroid problems. Fibro showed up early at 25. Ovarian issues began shortly after gallbladder removal. Thyroid didnt come to the party till around 31.
    My batteries blow. I sure as shit hope these suckers are rechargeable!

nicld likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

My gall bladder was removed at 28 also .... seemed like such a good idea at the time! The pain was horrendous tho...

10. nicld

nicld Gold

My gallbladder was gone at 24 and the worst pain ever. Child birth was easier but if I knew then what I know now, I would have tried to fix it and not have it removed.

11. Aggie

Aggie Banned

What's the safe way to get rid of a blocked bile duct without surgery? I may have missed that on here or ?? If you're doubled over in pain - just ride it out?

12. Josh

Josh Gold

No one is allowed to sign off on such things. In Ayurveda, they use Asafoetida to dilate the bile duct. In Chinese Medicine there is a formula called Long Gan Xie Gan Wan for Gallbladder and Liver Inflammation. I have seen high frequent doses (5-15 caps) of Biliven by Premier Research Labs relieve discomfort in the area. Malic Acid, Chinese Gold Coin and Phosphoric Acid will soften bile accumulations/stones. There are many books on Liver/Gallbladder Flushing with many favorable accounts. I have done a lot of this and can say it seems to help...I have had things come out of me over 1" in diameter that looked like gravel from my driveway. One question is what keeps bile salts in suspension? I have not researched it deeply, and I have been told that B6 is very important for this? It is a good question considering the downside...surgery and no Gallbladder for life...

rlee314 likes this.
  13. "shit"