1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Thyroid and CT

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by LieselK, Feb 28, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I know I heard or read something about CT turning on the brain to sort of bypass the thyroid in a way, but I don't remember where. Can anyone point me to some more info on thyroid disease and CT? I'm not sure what my "CT goals" are, I just know I'm supposed to be doing it.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT4 blog

LieselK likes this.
  3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thanks Jack!

4. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

So my "goal" is to be cold adapted, but I'm not sure to what extent. Is the implication that once adapted I cut back on CT and do maintenance CT periodically to stay cold adapted or because I have thyroid disease it's something that I just do regularly long-term?

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Just do. In this abnormal world you cannot do enough. Remember that even if you were in the Yucatan you would be doing CT. Once cold adapted you will even be craving it probably.

6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Face dunks I crave... the submersion not so much yet! I'll look forward to that. Soooo... if one wanted to enjoy a glass of delicious Malbec, and CT and wine don't mix... then how would you plan for such an occasion? Is there a certain number of days to take a break from CT?

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

If one was not still doing the leptin reset one would just have the wine and one would get back on the horse the next day. If one was doing the Leptin reset still then one would not have wine.

LieselK and drezy like this.
  8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

If one was not still doing the leptin reset one would just have the wine and one would get back on the horse the next day. If one was doing the Leptin reset still then one would not have wine.

LieselK likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

I've tinkered with this. I've crashed it and driven it successfully. Along with Lahelada's points I'd add that if you are doing CT in sunlight and you hydrated well with some cold water ahead of time leading up to the CT then I'm not too worried about you.

You're a parent so none of this will shock you. If you didn't hydrate well enough instead of flowing out your wee wee the protons will flow out your poo poo and be a bit messy. Just up your water and sunlight next experiment.

If you start setting up a minibar (with JD, stoli, and crown royal) as part of your CT tub maybe that's not the best idea. That said as a parent I fully understand why someone might want to set that up. If some saw such a setup they might think "ahh you're an alcoholic." I'd instead first think "Ahh you must have small children and this is your 'me' time..."

LieselK likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

Yep!

I worked all day outside today clearing trees and scrub brush with a chainsaw. I picked my boy up from school and he helped me move a large portion of it all into a burn pile and separate out good post candidates from the cut scrub.

Once we finished my boy said "It's time for the cold pool." and he was right. My soreness was totally gone after 25 min in 63 F. I used to do this same work when I was 20 and in college to make a little spending money. After the cold today I'm feeling way more like 20 year old me.

LieselK and Lahelada like this.
  11. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thank you @drezy and @Lahelada for your responses! I'm moving past the Leptin reset now and adjusting my meal portions accordingly. I travel next week alone with all 3 kids and while there won't be any wine for me on the trip I plan to keep up some CT to get me through the Pittsburgh gray and "wintry mix" in the forecast. I have a bottle of Malbec waiting for post trip when I'm settled in at home and needing that "me time" :)

Lahelada and drezy like this.