1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Three year old with nephrotic syndrome

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Priyanka Nellori, May 28, 2018.

1. Priyanka Nellori

Priyanka Nellori New Member

Hi Dr. Kruse,
    My three year old son has been on high dose corticosteroids since his diagnosis a few months ago, of immune dysfunction of the kidneys causing heavy proteinuria. Would like to understand how you would approach this? Would that be similar to how you handle AI in adults?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That means the egg he came from and the egg you came from had high heteroplasmy. The maternal history is huge.

3. Priyanka Nellori

Priyanka Nellori New Member

You are spot on about that! I am currently facing a diasbling health challenge which has put me out of work. My nutreval showed severe mitochondrial dysfunction( which may be a common characteristic with majority of diseases including my son’s) Mito cocktails and gut dysbiosis Rx didn’t get me very far and I am just beginning to understand why they don’t help him either.