1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Thoughts/Suggestions please!

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Tfreeman, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

I only started seeing her in November. I am really using her to help me follow the protocol of Dr. Neil Nathan who wrote Toxic and she follows his protocol. He treats many chronic illness patients and sees full recovery in almost all of them. His book is awesome but definitely a functional medicine perspective. I'm not sure Jack would approve.

I have a psychiatrist who prescribes my cymbalta and a cardiologist who prescribes my heart medications (midodrine and nortriptyline). My team of doctors is only for purposes I allow, I really do a lot of my research, protocols, supplementation on my own. I'm hoping to get the hell off of these meds ASAP. I wish I found Dr. Kruse and this forum years ago instead of a month ago!

JanSz and DrEttinger like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So you have urinary tract infection for at least the last 4 months, and your psychiatrist and cardiologist can't help you?

3. Tfreeman

Tfreeman New Member

No, I just got these labs back the day I posted it. I've had no symptoms of a urinary tract infection. I suppose it was inferred by all in my bloodwork. This bloodwork was taken on Feb 1 and I just got it back - it was my first time ever doing a urinalysis and tomorrow is my follow up on these labs.

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

OK.
    Let's see what tomorrow brings.
    You may want to make some notes of today's posts (that you like) and keep them with you during visiting dr Chiara.

DrEttinger likes this.
  5. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

Hot off the presses.

De novo genes far more common and important than scientists thought

Scientists from Trinity and the University of Pittsburgh have discovered that de novo genes—genes that have evolved from scratch—are both more common and more important than previously believed.

"Order seems like something that's hard to achieve, but our results go completely opposite to that. We found that simple order is rampant everywhere in the genome. The propensity to make simple shapes that are stable is already there, waiting to be exposed. De novo gene birth is thus becoming less and less mysterious as we better understand molecular innovation."

We have survived high C02, high O2, UVC, cold, plagues and pandemics. We have evolved into who we are today via de novo gene birth. Evolution or God designed a model that has and will stand the test of time.
    This is another reason why the doomsday prophets should be shelved, as obsolete relics, with all those that came before them.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Bob Stirling and JanSz like this.
  6. DrEttinger

"If mitochondrial dysfunction is as important a factor in age-related diseases as proposed in this essay, then Asian herbal medications should be as likely to have targeted a mitochondrial energetic function as a tissue-specific structural function."

This comes from one of mine and Dr. Kruse's mentors. I've studies Wallace since 2010. No one knows mitochondria like he does. Time to hit the books kiddies.

Mitochondria as Chi
    Douglas C. Wallace
    GENETICS June 1, 2008 vol. 179 no. 2 727-735; https://doi.org/10.1534/genetics.104.91769

Bob Stirling and JanSz like this.
  7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

As in getting sunburn, no. But your posts over recent months have flagged a potential risk of excessive sun, down-regulating my dopamine receptors. Whatever choices we make about healing, as a lifestyle choice, healthy humans are not designed to lounge around in water all day doing bog all. A healthy wild animal with low dopamine or whose dopamine receptors are being downregulated by excess as a protection, will change their behaviour and environment, they don't just do exactly the same thing day after day with a tech device in their paws.

There are better locations nearer to home that don't involve a transatlantic flight, or risking relationships dear to me, and don't involve being bored rigid having to sit in the water all day. If a long stay at Playa risks my evolving into someone getting their dopamine hits from using a tech device to sneer and throw phrases like "Dunning Kruger" at forum members who don't share my delusions of quantum hacking superiority, I'll give it a miss. :)

JanSz likes this.
  8. shah78

shah78 Gold

how do I/you get "excessive sun"wih a 3 fi hat on, a long sleeve shirt on, and a bandana?... answer: you don't.:) that's the definiton of dunning-kruger.you have no idea what i do and advise. but at the sametime you are an exprt in what i do. hilarious. ....i think i get massive hits of dopamine from the sun. the uv is 9 now. what is yours?...2? did you know the name "great britain "is the mayan phraase for "severe depression" . :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  9. shah78

shah78 Gold

you have 1,800 posts here over 6 years. i have 740 over 8 years. more dunning -krugger. who has their finger on the keybaord 3 times as much.? :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    John Schumacher likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Indeed, one don't have to go to the equator to get a sunburn.

Till now most known to me protection was as per dr Kruse quoting dr Wunch. So really taking it slow.

I was additionally using MT2 peptide injections, without any more detailed knowledge about it.
    So the injections of MT2 I did were just per my own guess by looking at my skin.
    Practically, infrequent large injections.

I got dr Hertoghe's book.
    He discusses there the melanocyte-stimulating hormones, known collectively as MSH
    and
    variety of synthetic peptides one can use to protect the skin.

That can be useful especially for people with very light skin.

upload_2020-2-18_9-37-46.png

upload_2020-2-18_9-40-33.png

John Schumacher likes this.
  11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Oh and I caught the since disappeared

Presumably the first go at using my forum stats to promote a (laughable) hypothesis about Dunning Kruger wasn't enough? So a couple of hours later have a second go dissecting my stats even further? Deleted in case it was seen as bullying /trolling perhaps? Was the stat trolling the level of reasoned discussion you give to those who come to you in the Yucatan for "advice"? No point in any further exchange with you. Way to go Lloyd … you must be so proud. :rolleyes:

DrEttinger and JanSz like this.
  12. Saichi

Saichi New Member

@Jack Kruse @Inger @drezy @kris90 @5G Canary @Sheddie @ACP1717 @Hollyrebecca @wildperoxin @Daulatwant @Jamie S @Christine_L @Phosphene @Novah @Bob Stirling @Matt Fowler @Karen & Glen C. @Inna @Joce_ @Michael CULLEN @Corey Nelson @Michalis @Scompy @John Schumacher @JVB @KrusinWitchie @Emma C

You're gonna want three hours free time to digest this interview of Lena Pu who took the blood samples I posted. You'll notice somewhat ironically she was only using a shielded router at the time, but since the interview she's become wired. She's obviously spent countless hours and years on research and educating others moreso than focusing on herself. A real heroine.

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

In my book steroid hormone panel requires #1 attention (it contains cortisol)
    Stuff evaluated by Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis is a close second.
    Mat just reminded me of this of my posts (written 2016)
    that got this In reply from @Jack Kruse
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...gue-and-cold-thermogenisis.17270/#post-186754
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Whatever else you do
    keep close eye on
    cortisol and DHEAs
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----
    In healthy person when one would measure major steroid hormones by weight, in the blood
    and take that as 100%
    DHEAs participation is 95%
    cortisol participation is 4.26%
    all other 0.73%

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/
    [​IMG]

So someone who is missing a lot on DHEAs and cortisol have a major problem.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

shah78 likes this.
  14. shah78

shah78 Gold

actually i deleted it because my subsequent stats were wrong!. i tried to get a 4 to 1 ratio, but i realized my original questimate was correct. now, you accuse me of bullying you? bullying someone with the "truth" or raw stats is not called "bullying" . its called the truth! :)

15. shah78

shah78 Gold

Whatever else you do, keep your ass in the water of the chicxulub crater! :)

16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I didn't expect to have to be defending myself from trolling from someone who has been a member for 9 years. :( Whatever your excuses now, you had a second go at using my stats to sneer at me, before deleting the post. Instead of any concern now about the perception, rightly or wrongly, of the intent behind your disrespectful behaviour towards me, it seems to be more important to you to arrogantly promote your apparently immune from Dunning Kruger "truth." That tells me what I need to know about you and your "truth. " I'll say it again in case you missed it: "No point in any further exchange with you, " My "truth" is that you have over stepped the mark by your sneering, and trolling my stats in what I see as an attempt to psych me off posting on this thread. If you do it again, at least you will be doing it knowing what my perception is. Hopefully you will take a hint. ;)

JanSz and DrEttinger like this.
  17. DrEttinger

Sue, please stop feeding the trolls. You are doing exactly what a troll wants - "you are responding".

JanSz likes this.
  18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Oh no! Two of my favorite people tearing away at each other. This must be a bit like how children of divorce feel. :(

I hope reconciliation is possible. :)

I just spent the past month (yes a full month) staying with Lloyd (and various others, but mostly Lloyd) on Isla Mujeres. I adopted 90% of his habits about 90% of the time, and I must say I felt fabulous—only a few minor bumps. We did a ton of walking, talking, laughing, reading, singing, cooking, meditating, stretching AND sitting our bums in the water of the crater, avoiding a few hours of major heat/UV in the shade each day to prevent burns. I’m a delightful deep caramel color and my mood is through the roof. I can’t even fathom that it’s February and spring is right around the corner.

For my (admittedly fairly healthy) N=1 this inexpensive trip has been pure gold. I’ll go into more detail in my journal—I’ve been avoiding devices like the plague—no forums, Facebook, news, nonsense, etc. for over a month. Pure bliss.

In any case, I haven’t read all of this thread yet but it’s certainly a shame it’s deteriorated like this.

I know Lloyd’s intentions are good, honorable and selfless, and of course Sue’s are as well.

Lloyd has his hands more than full at the moment helping my close to totally disabled friend save his life, and they are probably both punchy. This is no exaggeration, and I’m beyond grateful for Lloyd’s truly heroic attempt.

Can we get this thread back on track now, friends? :coffee:

19. shah78

shah78 Gold

this woman is batshit crazy. how can "quantum brady" be a troll on "quantum belichick's' own site. i live in the fucking yucatan. ....she's fucking insane. .....i'have 110% skin in the game. how can i be a troll? maybe i don't know what a troll is. since i don't know much about computers. i'm old and don't use computers half as much as i'm accused of. : i can't even copy and paste. :)

20. shah78

shah78 Gold

his progress has been outstanding. i'm giddy over the last 2 days about it. my mood is as good as you saw me for 4 weeks. i'm the one in uv9 ..this woman is in uv2. there is no sharing of blame. :)