1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Thoughts on Tirzepatide for leptin and insulin resistance?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Taylor Freeman, Jun 20, 2022 at 1:10 PM.

1. Taylor Freeman

Taylor Freeman New Member

I have been struggling with weight loss for about 4 years now. Going from 150 to 240, while continuously trying to lose as I kept gaining. I've struggled with cravings for about 7 years and lived my life eating a SAD up until about 2016. I have done Jack's leptin rx, but every time I stop eating absolutely perfectly I seem to continue to gain weight. Does anyone know anything about this drug? I've been reading about taking it once weekly for obesity, to help with insulin resistance which in turn should help leptin as I also continue to follow getting plenty of sunlight, avoid nnEMF as much as possible, and continue to work on all of Jack's protocols.

Thoughts?

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You do not have to eat every day.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You never said anything about the most important aspect of why you gained weight......YOUR ENVIRONMENT

Until you get that the results won't happen

4. Taylor Freeman

Yes, of course. However, if one's weight is consistent for 25 years and then increasingly goes up in a short period of time, isn't it possible there are other root causes?

5. Taylor Freeman

I suppose if your dopamine is low enough, you will do anything you can to survive. As I have changed my environment over the last year, I do believe the dopamine rx and other rx's have been helpful to raise mine incrementally, however, I'm still dealing with this food issues and I haven't experienced a high enough bodily state to not be able to eat without low blood sugar and other symptoms, especially from my POTS which I've been working to change with my environment. I spend the majority of my year in Florida now.

6. EWO

EWO Eyes Wide Open

Can't speak to the rx you are inquiring about (or POTS), but I've found Laura Briden's work on women and food helpful. Also Ellyn Satter's work. And finally, eating according to Traditional Chinese Medicine's recommendations for restoring balance, not just through what one eats, but how one eats. If maintaining an optimal weight were only contingent upon environment, then everyone living in an optimal environment and practicing optimal habits would be doing it. It's not the case. So, don't let a few perhaps well-meaning but off the mark comments get you down.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

8. Taylor Freeman

Thank you for the encouragement. I just bought Lara Birden’s book on periods & hormones, I’m looking forward to reading it!

EWO likes this.