1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Thoughts on the use of Medical Cannabis to fight inflammation and high blood sugar

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by ColdKnight, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Brother John

Brother John Silver

Eve, I think for some people cannabis is not going to be the right thing. However the positive studies seem to vastly outnumber the negative ones. It's a drag to read 2 similar studies with opposite conclusions. Then the work starts to try and figure out why the diff results.
    There are many informed researchers and Drs that are of the opinion that the Whole plant is way better than an isolated chemical. That pisses big pharma off....
    Thanks,
    Brother John

2. Remo

Remo New Member

cannabis and CBD Oil has greatly helped me relieve pain from my herniated disc/irritible bowel but I do feel brain fogged the day after when I use too much of it.

it speaks for itself that smoking it with tabacco will cause problems! Using a vaporizer is the way to go for me... it uses considerable less cannabis to get a similar effect to smoking.

3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I found that pot actually used to make my headaches WORSE, which is kind of counter intuitive to what we tend to believe. I'm thinking
    now it was because my redox was low. Pot increases overall brain metabolism which means "using up local energy". So it stole it from my frontal lobes first giving me a wicked migraine.
    Never dreamed that I could ever be migraine free!

4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

More "nuggets"....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. The study you linked used just over 50 adolescent onset of heavy use, which is a low number to draw any conclusions on. People do more than just smoke cannabis, maybe they chOw down on Doritos and suck back cola,too. Many lifestyle factors can lower one’s IQ.

She also noted that the findings represent a very small decline in IQ as a result of very heavy (my bold) use over a number of years, “which doesn’t relate to recreational use”.”

This study using twins, with over 3000 subjects found no effect on iq :
    https://www.sciencealert.com/extens...between-marijuana-use-and-iq-decline-in-teens

6. Bic

Bic New Member