1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

THOUGHTS ON SALT

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Dean6789, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

I've had a bag of Real Salt in my cabinet for a few years now. Occasionally I use it to swish with but I don't eat it. It has never made sense to me to eat what seems to me to be ground up rocks. Wouldn't that be (some of) the wrong isotopes, which would clog up your body parts?

Aren't we supposed to get our mineral salts from plants and animals that ate plants? Isn't all the salt we need already in the meat?

Here's a condensed example of how I thought it worked: You sprinkle some calcium on the dirt around a plant in your garden. That's a family of chemical elements (isotopes). The plant uptakes only those isotopes that it can assimilate and that are good for it, and good for the animal kingdom, and processes them accordingly. The other members of that calcium family are left lying in the dirt. We only end up eating the isotopes, as it were, that we can assimilate and that strengthen our body.

Related thoughts:

-- If I were an animal, or caveman, in most cases, where would I find salt? If I killed an animal, I wouldn't stop and salt it, I would just rip it open and eat it. And then, would I go roaming the earth looking for some salt, or... ?

-- To me, seafood already tastes reasonably salty by itself.

-- We come from the sea, but if we drink sea water (I don't know how much) we die.

Just remembered these tidbits as well:

-- I had a lymphology teacher that told us point blank: "Don't eat salt." He said it shuts off the sodium-potassium pump.

-- And a friend of mine, a chiropractor, told me not eat salt (even celery - because of its salt) because "it throws your sodium-potassium pump out of balance."

Hmmm... anyway --

So how is it good for you to eat salt, even the highest quality sea salt? Isn't some of it, in that form, clogging up parts of your body?

SlamSlask likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

No full answer, but interesting:

YuriyDorogoy and Brent Patrick like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'll get to salt soon enough.

4. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Thanks guys. Yes, interesting video.
    I've been avoiding salt most of my adult life. I even rinse my store bought sauerkraut. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this topic.

5. Mito1

Mito1 New Member

Real sea salt - you should have 3 tablespoons or more per day. Make sure your thyroid/kidneys work well. Thyroid meds won't help. Thyroid controls minerals. So often people and docs push minerals & electrolytes but you'll piss them out if your thyroid/kidneys aren't in balance.

Dr Batman on Real Sea Salt:

Janette Layne likes this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

7. Janette Layne

Janette Layne Status Nominal AFU

This was amazing!!!! Thank you for sharing this. I've heard Jack mention the book You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty, but this really drives it home! Whoa!!!!!