1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Thoughts on Artificial Ways of Getting UV Exposure for People in High Latitudes

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by James Hawkins, Feb 27, 2017.

1. James Hawkins

James Hawkins New Member

Hi all,

I've been thinking about how to get UV light exposure in a safe and effective way. I'm currently living in Northern England, and in particular in a very cloudy/misty region, so sun exposure is minimal, especially around this time of year. I'm curious what people's thoughts are about means of getting exposure to artificial UV light in way that does not cause skin or eye damage. My practice is to use a UV light bulb with about 30 minutes daily of low dose (i.e. bulb is about 1 metre away from body) exposure, with no clothes on my upper extremities. Do you think this would cause any problems in terms of skin damage or exposure to the eyes. I'm curious as to whether other people on the forum have experimented with this.

Cheers,

James