1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

This breakfast gives crazy energy!

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Inger, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Marccus

Marccus New Member

it looks like very awesome breakfast to me! just want to ask as i am unable to understand the exact recipe of it can tyou give me a detailed procedure for preparing this fish i would be very thankful to you

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Inger, you are an inspiration.

I eat a dozen raw oysters every week. I have scallop seviche most days. MHS once in a while. But I had been holding back on raw meats. I have found a source of pastured lamb heart, and it's about time that I ordered it!

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

What do you do when you don't want to eat what you've got in the fridge... break out the MHS....

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I had 3 Mackerel heads I tossed in to the blender...too much food... thankfully Havoc helped me drink it and what was left over after we consumed our fill went to Miller (the lab) as a treat... the funny thing was the entire time Havoc and I were drinking it Miller was sitting right next to us sniffing the whole time, begging for a sip...

even the DOG knows what's good... Chaos on the other hand wasn't interested to day....of course she asked for sardine salad again today...

5. Inger

Inger Silver

LOL... Fitness@home, I can tell you from personal experiences, one gets lots of additional funny moments into life without even trying, eating Epi Paleo.. which is adding to the positives for sure :)

Like this one.. It was in Germany, in the train and I was hungry on my way home from work. Some guys in their 20ies sat down close to me and started to chat with me. They asked if I'll come to a local party in a city close by. I said.. nooo I am tired I need to go home and eat my food I just buyed. They asked me what that was then. I said..hmm.. calf liver. They asked how would I prepair it. I said I eat it just plain raw. They could not believe it and said they want to see it. I said, no not here, this train is full of people! But they insisted. So I then grabbed my bloody liver from my bag and just munched it down..mmm it was so good! It was thin sliced and delish and tender. Now.. everyone around was STARING at me. A old lady said then.. hmm how does that taste? I said - great, little sweet like chocolate! She said, hmm that must be healthy for sure and smiled. But they stared in a nice way.

I then said to the guys, you want to taste the liver too? I have enough for you too! But they said no thanks..lol. I said, okay I have some raw organic carrots here, maybe you want them instead? They looked happy and said, yes! So I gave them each one organic carrot and they munched on it happily with a smile on their face. It was a totally funny trip! I will never forget it for sure.

Dean6789 likes this.
  6. Inger

Inger Silver

Danny, you need to read BG 1 and 2 and all the others too. Now.. Jack does not said it directly you need to eat your food raw but that was what additionally got from the whole thing. I just thought it must be logic! He told the story about the centarians in Okinava and that they got the "long life" mutation from a virus from raw fish.. and then I checked that viruses and bakterias almost all get killed by heat and then I figured I need this mutations too.. lol.. and then.. when one gets lots of viruses and bakterias it could help my body in many ways! So this summer when eating strawberries from the garden I always looked out for the one already eaten by some birds or snails.. to hopefully get some more viruses in..lol They taste the best anyways, that I can tell for sure!

I do not recommend this to anyone else but this is how I do it.

Now, look. Our guts needs a lot of different, good bacterias! So I eat the carrots dirty too. And I let my meat rot in a glass jar(must be aired once in a while!), or just sit in the fridge, open on a wooden plate. It dries a little on the surface and get a nice taste. I then just cut nice thin slices when I want some, I eat it raw. It gets a taste almost like salami.

Danny.. sorry I have not time to look it all out for you and copy and paste. If I have more time one day I could do it but these days I am just so busy! You could maybe print the BG series out and read in the train or something?

digital likes this.
  7. Inger

Inger Silver

1. Put soft fishheads (mackerel, herring, sardines...) in a blender. Cut into smaller pieces with a scissor if bigger heads.

2. Add water and seaweeds (I add soaked dried seaweeds and their water because I have only dried seaweeds here).

3. Blend until smooth. Strain if still bony pieces in it, that nothing gets stuck in your throut. Add water if too thick.

4. Enjoy (with nose closed if pussy like me..)

:)

8. Veg

Veg New Member

Does you remove the gills from heads or you blend them gills included?

9. Inger

Inger Silver

I blend everything.... but you can remove the gills if you want it to taste better ;)

10. Hope2Learn

Hope2Learn We are all connected.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who spent five minutes staring at these trying to decide if those are bubbles or eyeballs.

11. kovita

kovita Gold

never tried to do MHS with algae...WHY? This is my breakfast as soon as I am lay my hands on some fresh fishhhhh.

12. Inger

Inger Silver

They are bubbles.... LOL

Hope2Learn likes this.
  13. Inger

Inger Silver

I often do it like this too, Kovita - I first do the fish head smoothie with heads, roe and fish milk, then i rinse the mixer and make me a smoothie with seaweed only. And enjoy it :) Because i do not like the taste of the fish head smoothie at all... but I love the taste of the seaweedsmoothie! So the seaweedsmoothie is my treat after the bad stuff is down ;)

14. Hope2Learn

Oh good, I feel much better now, LOL! Today at the grocery store my husband and I stopped and looked at some jarred herring for a moment and then I looked at my husband and said, "you know, there's a woman online who takes fish heads and blends them into smoothies and swears by them". He just turned his head slowly to look at me with this blank look on his face and his eyebrows slightly raised. :eek:

I took advantage of his silence and said "she also takes organic, grass-fed beef hearts and livers and eats them raw on occasion". He said "okay, that's enough" and laughed a little to himself while trying to wrap his head around it.o_Oo_O I just happened to stroll past the hearts and livers at that moment and just turned and looked at him with one eyebrow up and he made a show of ignoring me and looking the other way. :rolleyes: It doesn't read as funny as it felt, trust me! :p

Hope you don't mind me talking about you like that, but as others have said - you're inspiring! I'm not to the point of making any of your recipes yet, but they certainly have made an impression anyway! ;)

Inger likes this.
  15. Inger

Inger Silver

I do not mind at all Hope... in fact your story made ma laugh..... :D juts do not tell him about the high meat and the raw ram balls :rolleyes:
    now... to eat raw balls really makes one horny so that could be some thing to consider for you ;) your husband might be all in ;)

Hope2Learn likes this.
  16. Hope2Learn

Thta sounds like a breakfast to end all breakfasts there. Most people have eggs, I prefer to go straight for the balls. :D

17. Inger

Inger Silver

In German language balls = eggs... so i can say I will have eggs for breakfast and no one will know if i mean eggs or balls...lol pretty cool!

Have you gotten your hands on some ram balls already, Hope? Those are not easy to come by! Never seen any here in the shop ever... maybe i should ask the sheep butcher - I can tell her i feed them my dog?
    I would love to have some raw balls again. They are like super strong medicine for sure!

18. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Looks delectable!

One question though: Does the high speed from the blender do anything detrimental to the molecules of the food?

Also, any RF getting into the food from the electronics?

19. Inger

Inger Silver

IDK, Dean. I try to not let the blender run too long. As short as possible. Sure the best would be if you were able to chew the fish heads just like that! I cant...lol
    I have only felt benefits from the smoothie so I cant see how the RF and the blending would do that much harm... Keeping the food in your fridge and cooking is exposing the food to RF too.

Dean6789 likes this.
  20. shah78

shah78 Gold

Great revival of a classic thread! like listening to classic rock!! :)

Dean6789 likes this.