1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

This breakfast gives crazy energy!

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Inger, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

So, that was my breakfast today, a breakfast that starts to get more and more often on my menu..

Small raw and fresh Baltic herring heads, a few had roe so I throw that in too, spaghetti algae, water. Made a big cup voll. Nose closed it "tastes" totally like baby porrige I used to love! Smooth, velvet like and a little salty, the saltiness I can taste strangely, from the seaweeds, and it makes it nice! After drinking the cup I rinse my mouth still nose closed and put a spoonful of wild lingonberries in my mouth and chew on them before breathing again. Easy as anything. No bad tastes or feelings at all.

[​IMG]...[​IMG]

After, I cooked the rest of the fish after removing the stomach and intestines and rinsing. I cook it just for a few minutes in water, add seaweeds, curcumin / turmeric, seasalt and then precooked and prefrozen mussels. I eat a big bowl of this too. Boah it is totally delish!! I never get tired of it. For dessert I eat wild berries as much as I want.

Now, I can tell you one feels just great after this meal..!

Even this groggy girl. Spontaneous pic from today soon after waking up,

with my moms old pullover on because here is coool.. and fuzzy hair.. sorry lol

[​IMG]

And yeah.. do not forget to look at the sun rising.. This is from my balcony.

[​IMG]

2. janagram

janagram New Member

that sunrise picture is amazing!!!

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

You look amazing Inger! That sounds like a big breakfast. When do you eat next? Do you have lunch and dinner? Are you still eating high meat? I would like to eat high meat sometimes but don't know how to start. Should I just get some grass fed beef at the grocery store?

4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I need some of that energy Inger. Something similar will be on the menu for my breakfast tomorrow.

5. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes Janagram. Sunrises are so beautiful always! Now, after I have started to look at them, and into the sunset too, and avoiding fake lights as much as possible, I have gone so sensible about having to be in artificial lights after dark. It feels like my whole beeing is against it! I even use dark sunglasses when out and on my way home from work in the dark because of the streetlights. They are annoying to me too. People do stare.. what the heck it is so dark outside and just a few streetlamps on and she has sunglasses on...? lol

I cannot believe I just started to look at the sunrise and sunset now, because of Jack. I never did regularely before really! Now I want not to miss it! I don't know how to say it but it has almost something very spiritual to me...

That is how it is in always in my appartement in the evenings these days, with candels only, pic from the other day. I use sunglasses of course reading my computer.

[​IMG]

Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. Inger

Inger Silver

Caroline.. I eat really much. That is a normal breakfast for me..

I eat 3 times a day. The next time around 1 pm or so. I never have very rigid eating schedules, it can vary.

Next meal was today 1,2 pund of raw salmon, made into tartar with onion, seaweeds, ginger, cilantro...

Then for dinner 1 pound of raw grassfed beef as carpaccio with raw beef fat slices, raw onion, raw dried wild mushrooms, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Wild berries for dessert. I ate a lot! I craved it. I always eat as much as my heart desires. I counted my calories one day just out of curiosity and they were between 2500 and 3000. Yeah I know quite a lot because I do not exersice at all. But I am not gaining eather, ok I have maybe gained a tiny bit since summer but it is okay. I bet it is the huge amount of wild berries I eat..lol Bears gain on wild berries too so I figured I will allow myself the same. Ha.

I am going to make a batch of high meat these days, I just got some fresh grassfed beefheart! I had no high meat for months!

Yes, just get some good quality meat that is not prefrozen, and cut into pieces and put in a glass jar. Only around 50% full, there needs to be oxygen. Then close, and put in the fridge. Air it every other day or so for a minute. After a few weeks it is ready.

7. Inger

Inger Silver

Oh that sound great, fithess@home! I would be happy to hear more details about your breakfast if you want to share!

8. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

http://www.ifbb.org.uk/changing-diet

It's really interesting. You're eating half a kilogram or more of fish or meat at a sitting sometimes. And the results speak for themselves: you feel great and look amazing.

Yet someone like Jimmy Moore says he has to eat no more than 12% of his calories as protein or he balloons out. You must be eating far more protein than he is, and yet he's a foot taller than you and perhaps twice your weight.

I dunno - maybe your metabolism is just normal and his is just totally screwed from the years of eating nothing but processed carbs.

You don't currently eat much in the way of vegetables, Inger? It's mainly fish/meat and the berries? And do you use olive oil, ghee, coconut oil, etc.? Or is your fat percentage probably lower than people might expect?

EDIT

Do you eat any dairy at all? Or is it all out for you even goat's/ewe's milk cheese, yoghurt etc.?

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Ok, call me nuts, but that first pic, of the fish heads, has got me thinking that it's time for another Inger's cocktail...

10. Inger

Inger Silver

That is strange about Jimmy Moore for sure! I did not know..

I eat very littlevegetables. Once in a while one cucumber, I like their juicyness a lot. And once in a while a dirty carrot from the garden. But there can be days in between with no vegetables. I often eat a few wild herbs when outside, just a few leaves or so. Sometimes I eat a green salad but very seldom. I would say seaweeds are my vege of choise these days after reading Epi Paleo Rx.

When it comes to fat.. I want to quit coconut oil for the winter but I have done it a bit halfheartedly..lol. Because I use it for my coffee and sometimes I still make it. I use handwarm organic coffee with cardamom, 1 eggyolk and 1-2 large spoons of coconutoil and mix it into the most delish foamy drink.. I some days had only black coffee but when I feel like having something special in the morning I still sometimes do the bulletproof version.. And then one day I made bark from organic cocoa powder and coconut oil and a tiny bit raw wild honey and ate a lot. hmmm. But my goal is to quit it for the winter for sure!

Then, I use olive oil too. I use many spoons a day if eating carpaccio. And sometimes I do it on my cooked fish after cooking if the fish is not fatty. I love to eat slices of raw grassfed beef fat if I can get it. It is my favorit fat. I can eat a lot of it just plain!

Dairy.. I sometimes cheat at work and have some HWC in coffee. It does me no good and I should not. From that I gain for sure!

But I love raw organic goats milk if I can get it. Sometimes I buy a bottle or two and drink it plain, it is so delish. It does me no bad AFAIK. Only the regular HWC at work is real bad. I eat no dairy normally. I never buy cream, but I seldom have it when beeing invated for dinner and there is wild berries with HWC. Very seldom some good raw French goat or sheep cheese.

I eat nuts too at times. My favorit are Siberian Pine nuts, they are wild grown and so healthy! I just ordered some.. I would eat only these for nuts if I could. I feel great from them. Not so from the regular almonds I sometimes eat in my mothers kitchen..lol Sometimes I eat raw organic macadamias. But nuts I eat not regularely at all. Avocad also seldom, one here and there thats it.

In summer I like coconut! I eat the dried coconutflakes too.

Oh.. and the eggyolk foam.. it is my weakness..lol. I whisk up 4 organic eggyolks with a half teaspoon raw wild honey into thick foam, and eat with wild berries. Now.. I think it makes me a little swollen.. but it is my comfort food. I am going to quit it for the winter though, or eat it very seldom! Yes.. lots of improvement to do for me for sure!

11. Inger

Inger Silver

LOL.. you are nuts for sure! But somehow the fisheads do look quite invating Nonchalant. I think so too.

Might be that is what happends after the first time one drinks the smoothie..lol poor brain get screwed up..

I could not ever have believed I would crave fish heads one day. Life is unpredictable for sure.

12. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

Yeah, isn't it? It certainly seems to confirm that the simple models of obesity people have are totally broken.

I find I'm pretty much never hungry and never tired at present. That, and a clear skin, probably makes me different from the average person. What I don't have though is the sense of vibrant energy you seem to have. Earlier in the year I did feel quite energetic at times - I would almost have to run places, because I couldn't be bothered to walk. But that was fugitive and is not there at all now. Maybe I'm closing down for the winter. LOL

To be honest I think modern diets and one too many beers and late nights probably do things you don't bounce back from quickly.

13. Inger

Inger Silver

Michael, are you eating much of your food raw?

I am quite sure that eating a big part raw is a secret for my vibrant energy. I got a big AHA experience as I read Jacks BG series.. especially that about bacterias and viruses. OMG when we cook something we kill the bacterias and viruses too for sure! Our poor guts!

All of a sudden it was clear to me why the tiredness disappeared as I started to eat raw. And it never come back. I eat most of my food raw you see. It makes me feel like flying..lol I have nothing against some gently cooked seafood here and there though. But raw is certainly more healing for me at least. I could never eat cooked eggs, sausage, meatballs, fried bacon... as many do for breakfast, and feel great! I guess it would make me fat too. IDK. I always was fatter eating cooked. And less energy. Less happy.

If I ate like Jimmy Moore, I would feel terrible.

I need the high meat once in the while, I need the moose organs, raw, once in a while, the raw lambshearts, the raw seafoods.. wild berries.. wild herbs.. these all makes me feel jut GREAT! I can feel very well what my body appreciate, and my mind too. I cannot help it, but it is how it is. I am addicted to feel good so I follow my bodys needs. I have figured delish recipes too that are raw and please my palate if I feel like it. Recipes that makes me feel just great. Sometimes we need something very enjoyable not only fishheads..lol

You know what I think Michael? I think we could bounce back awfully fast if we want to! It depends what are we willing to do. If drinking raw fishheads, raw fish, seaweeds, high meat, raw hearts and meat and fat.. raw fresh oysters.. any powerfood out there from the wilderness, I bet one would feel amazing fast!

14. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Ok, that was fun. I freaked out the contractor installing tile in our home with the smoothie. He watched as I put smelt, the juice of a lemon, and some seaweed into the Vitamix. By the way, the seaweed does add a slightly salty flavor to the concoction and is a nice addition.

The look on his face as I gulped it down was priceless ;).

15. Lol. I love that. He must think you are crazy ;)

16. x_danny_x

x_danny_x New Member

a question about eating raw, i really dont have the time to read everything on the BG series. what was mentioned about the viruses and bacteria being killed that made you say "poor guts"?

17. kathylu

kathylu Gold

danny, maybe you should spend your time reading the blog and blog comments instead of spending time on the forum. If your time is limited, spend it where you will derive the most benefit.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

bingo!!!!!

19. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

I guess she's thinking that bacteria on and in the fish would include some that would be beneficial to the stomach, and that cooking the fish would destroy those. This would be similar to one of the reasons that some people prefer unpasteurized milk.

However, high heat can damage proteins and promote rancidity in fats, so there could be other reasons why the food makes her feel good when she doesn't cook it. When she does cook the herrings she does it gently and briefly in simmering water.

Depends on the food really. Some vegetable foods have to be cooked. Cassava or kidney beans could kill you if you ate them raw. "Animal foods" - as long as they're from a clean source - seem readily assimilable with little or no cooking. Few people would cook oysters. The French have steak tartare; the Japanese, sushi.

Richard Wrangham, as someone comments in another thread, has a whole book on the anthropology and prehistory of this.

20. x_danny_x

x_danny_x New Member

this really wasnt about the blog, it was about inger's comment. didnt meant to mention about not having time about reading the blog, that was for another post. having multiple tabs and mistook them for another.

i cook my oysters for about 4-5 minutes along with some fish. add some seasoning to them.