1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Things I saw in the news today

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Lahelada, Jul 2, 2014.

1. shiran

shiran Curious

Thanks @Jack Kruse for your kind soul and generosity for finding time for everyone, your a big inspiration for
    Me and shay we spread out the word here in our small country ..
    Nathan, Phosphene and Allin like this.
  2. Scompy

Scompy Gold

shiran likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

There I fixed it for him.
  4. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Haha, nice!
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

I need somebody to even try to tell me that James Brown was not rocking blue blockers in his April 1988 CNN interview that was awesome by the way. Bear with me I'm catching up with the news... I'm caught up to 1988 so far.

James.png
  6. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

Big swing and a miss from the 'leader' in healthcare education.

The big issue with blue lit LED devices is the potential to develop dry eyes and eyestrain?

And LED TV's are not an issue because there's nothing coming out of the screen to hurt you like the old TV's.... But watch out for neck strain!

https://www.health.harvard.edu/vision/electronic-screen-alert-avoid-this-vision-risk

Do TV screens invite eye problems?
    Mom warned you not to sit too close to the TV when you were a kid. "In the past, screens were bombarded with energy. That emission back in the 1950s was too strong. In the '60s and '70s, they made safer TVs. Now with LCD or LED TVs, there's nothing coming out of the screen to hurt you," says Dr. Matthew Gardiner, an ophthalmologist with Harvard-affiliated Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary.

Watching TV for long periods won't generally lead to computer vision syndrome, since you're using your distance vision for viewing, not close-up vision, which risks eyestrain. However, sitting too close to a big-screen TV may cause neck strain. "You'll only see what's right in front of you, and end up looking around to see all aspects of the screen," says Dr. Gardiner.

For optimal viewing, TV retailers suggest sitting seven to 11 feet away from a 55-inch TV screen or five to eight feet away from a 40-inch TV screen.
    Phosphene likes this.
  7. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

8. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

BTW, my brother in law has diabetes and glaucoma - but which comes first, the chicken or the egg. Maybe Bono should have been wearing blue blockers before he got glaucoma.
    WalterNL and drezy like this.
  9. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

TV's are really awful
    Probably every performer in showbusiness is blue light toxic.
  10. htw

htw New Member

11. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Mystic Rose60 likes this.
  12. b.pezzia

b.pezzia Bruno Pezzia

13. shiran

shiran Curious

14. drezy

drezy Gold

15. htw

htw New Member

Outdoor light at night linked with increased breast cancer risk in women
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-08-outdoor-night-linked-breast-cancer.html

Women who live in areas with higher levels of outdoor light at night may be at higher risk for breast cancer than those living in areas with lower levels, according to a large long-term study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. The link was stronger among women who worked night shifts.

The study will be published online August 17, 2017 in Environmental Health Perspectives.
    Mystic Rose60 and shiran like this.
  16. htw

htw New Member

seanb4 and shiran like this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajmg.c.31542/full

People with EDS are more likely to get CFS.

EDS means problems with collagen, CFS is a disease of lack of energy / electrons. Less collagen = less EZ = less CD = Less electrons and protons to do work = Less likely to recover from bacteria/virus/mold/etc.

Interesting because double jointedness runs in my family yet I am not, maybe my collagen isn't so good though.
  19. michellehp

michellehp New Member