1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Things I saw in the news today

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Lahelada, Jul 2, 2014.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

light cycle-disruption alters central insulin signalling

When there is a diabetic person I think of him as an overweighted carb eating a person.
    That seems to be the majority of cases.
    But then I am confused about seeing thin healthy, seafood eating diabetic.
    Now I see that all it takes to get diabetes is to mess up the circadian rhythm.
    -----------

Endocrinology. 2019 Jul 5.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed...ar&utm_medium=social&utm_source=meetedgar.com

light cycle-disrupted animals exhibited a
    marked increase in fasting blood glucose (269.4 ± 21.1 mg/dl),
    compared with controls (108.8 ± 21.3 mg/dl).
    This dramatic increase in fasting glucose levels
    was not associated with an increase in insulin levels

suggesting impairments in pancreatic insulin release.
    Peripheral hyperglycaemia was accompanied by central alterations in insulin signalling at the level of pAkt and IRS1,
    suggesting that light cycle-disruption alters central insulin signalling.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    @Jack Kruse

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. Saichi

Saichi New Member

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5. Scompy

Scompy Gold

The doctor in the video connects the dots from patients to our environments. It gives a high quality and accurate depiction of what's going on with wireless interactions. We can be a strong push to make it go viral.

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hilde and Ed Pomicter like this.
  7. Anne V

Anne V Gold

[​IMG]blue whale appears to blow rainbow heart

drezy likes this.
  8. mmarston

mmarston New Member

Dr. Stasha Gominak (www.drgominak.com) discusses how Vitamin D (from the sun) is needed to improve the stability of gut bacteria, which in turn help synthesize B vitamin necessary to facilitate deep sleep.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The website appears fixed. So your votes are being counted. I decided to give you an August 1st gift. Here is a new blog out this August 1st that is a whopper! This would have been the July 2019 webinar for members. If you are an eye surgeon or an eye surgical patient you will not believe the ideas in this blog or what you should be considering doing both short term and long term. If you have cataracts or retinal detachments this one is a must not miss blog on neurodegeneration.

[​IMG]
    I'm not married to any dogma......just to the science that reveals the truth to me about my world and my biology to help modern humans navigate their world. https://www.patreon.com/posts/28814265 #bluelighthazard #blackswanwisdom

10. drezy likes this.
  11. 8Phoenix

8Phoenix New Member

12. drezy

drezy Gold

13. 8Phoenix

8Phoenix New Member

Here is a place with Wonderful Nature

" Love is Nature way to give "

14. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

15. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

16. Chemoptogenetic damage to mitochondria causes rapid telomere dysfunction
    https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1910574116
    Four hours after MG-2I and light exposure, we observed a significant increase in MitoSox signal (79.3% of cells exhibited increased superoxide generation) compared with MG-2I or light exposure alone (0.3%) (Fig. 3A), indicating stimulation of superoxide after singlet oxygen insult. Importantly, 5-min exposure to singlet oxygen was able to initiate a chronic flux of superoxide generation that lasted for at least 48 h (74.8% of cells at 24 h and 70.7% of cells at 48 h showed elevated superoxide), suggesting the occurrence of a continuous cycle of ROS generation in mitochondria

Lahelada likes this.
  17. PaulG

PaulG New Member