1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Things I saw in the news today

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Lahelada, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I was thinking that quite often I see things in the news and think "Oh this might interest the forum" We could just dump a link here for anyone to read if it is not a hot topic that is worth having its own thread.

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

5. Josh

Josh Gold

I want one, but maybe I have one already. I went from sea level to 17,000 one time in 3 days and it was halfway around the world without any trouble....I walked from 11,500 up to 17k with little sleep and jet lag. I feel best above 10k, and hit my groove at about 12k.

6. Josh

Josh Gold

The "Kruse Control" dilemma........

[​IMG]

Penny, Brother John, caroline and 2 others like this.
  7. kovita

kovita Silver

this is interesting, Josh! I know for. long time that my ability to handle high altitudes is superior to most of the people. Once I flew to Mexico and hiked Orizaba without no aclimatization and no problems, no one else from the group could do this. I noticed lately that my blood pressure is very reactive to the changes of altitude.

8. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

I really like the idea of this thread... maybe it should be its own forum so threads can be started with descriptive names to make searching easier and find in the future.

Josh likes this.
  9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Well, it shows one way of adapting, yes. Not necessarily the only way.

10. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

15. Jude

Jude Gold

Lah.....here I am...... trying so hard to limit my time on wifi;)........,.and you keep adding interesting stuff.....good reading..thanks;)

16. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Love the link on brown fat and how cold induces gene expression - so many times I've tried to explain to people what CT is about and now I can point them to that link. Thanks for posting it.:cool:

17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

18. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

19. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

20. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014