1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Thiamine Deficiency

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by 5G Canary, Jan 5, 2020.

1. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

From article below on thiamine deficiency- “Additionally, certain food products such as tea, coffee, raw fish, and shellfish, contain thiaminases - enzymes that destroy thiamine.”

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK537204/

Is this true or false? Or does the benefit of raw fish/shellfish out weigh the thiamine that is destroyed if you have a deficiency?

2. I havent researched this but i have done a little n=1 adding thiamine into Iv with Vit C....and i have actually noticed a huge benefit. So much so i doubled my dose to 2 x ampules (i can clarify the dosage later as am away from my notes). Since doing this I am very clear in my thinking in comparison to before, general stamina is good and a point to note my sex drive is greatly heightened. Also it seems that tech devices dont disturb me as much.

I am not a coffee drinker usually but i had one socially with a friend this morning and it didnt negatively effect me the way it usually does since taking the thiamine. I usually get rather hyper and in some instances a little aggresive.

I have to say it feels like it has calmed my nervous system.

in the brief reading i have done the biggest depleters are alchohol and coffee (polyphenols) . I am.only keeping away from regular use if these

Anyway that has been my brief and i must say somewhat pleasant experience.

Anne V and 5G Canary like this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

That is very interesting Simon! You do IV yourself? Wow :) I cant do that.....
    So glad I stopped regular use of coffee and alcohol, will help save some thiamine in my body.

I wonder if raw seafood in itself has so much thiamine that it will not take anything away from your body, but maybe also you will not get all the benefits out of it eating it raw? There are other benefits with eating raw seafood though. But maybe this is one reason why it is not a bad idea to eat both - raw and cooked :)

Alex97232 and 5G Canary like this.
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

I watched this video of Dr Berg about B1, and decided to try if I supplement with it, if I feel anything different. He says that is the best way to know if you are deficient. I eat almost all my seafood raw so who knows? I guess it cant hurt.... He says when you take B1 you should take some nutritional yeast at the same time to balance out the B vitamins, as they work together... so I ordered me both.

5. I dont IV myself anymore....it gets too fiddly sometimes. I just pay a nurse to come to my house or i go to a clinic and tell them what i want.

Coffee, Alchohol and sugar seems to be the biggest offenders.....I would just avoid them. Avoiding the seafood you lose out on the DHA and there is too many positives to that.

I also need to give Jack a shout out too...many thanks....this has been a big piece in the puzzle for me.

6. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

Thank you Simon for your insights and sharing your n=1... I appreciate it. It fills in a big puzzle piece for me as well. I have had huge gains with the IV’s too.

Great video Inger... thanks for sharing. In the video- I noticed the picture of the product he recommend (L-Tyrosine) was different then what he wrote on the board (Benfotiamine).

Inger likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Very nice video.
    I am checking my vit B1 and many others using Spectracell.
    They do functional testing of what they test.
    upload_2020-1-7_14-28-40.png

8. Katejc

Katejc Silver

After listening to the December Q&A when Jack mentioned IV thiamine and the surprisingly good results he is getting with some of his farm clients, I emailed my doctor to see if I can try it in IV form. There is such a raft of symptoms associated with B1 deficiency but when I lived in the city (of Sydney) in a high radio frequency radiation environment (environmental exposures I could not control) - so many symptoms line up with B1 deficiency. One example - sore calves.

And I agree with @Simon Wright - benefits of raw seafood outweigh risks - but I need to consider my consumption of tea.

There is no doubt to my mind that our radically altered EMF/ EMR environment is modifying some people's metabolism - even just a little - with the impacts in some cases being significant. Who'd have thought that an altered EMF/ EMR environment could cause some people to bet, effectively, beriberi.

Time for dinner - braised squid, salad and a bit of my home-made chicken liver pate on crackers.

Inger likes this.
  9. Anne V

Anne V Silver

Summary Heart failure caused by thiamine deficiency can cause breathlessness. This can occur when fluid accumulates in the lungs.

this is interesting!
    would that be why i had these problems?

10. Inger

Inger Silver

this is really interesting.
    So nnEMF can deplete us of nutrients or make them go to the wrong place. Uh.
    I have not had too much liver and eggyolks this fall, and I am changing that now.

Not sure about the nutritional yeast... I seem to get addicted to it. It is sooo delicious to me, somehow it reminds me of my childhood, we used to get it on our porridge in the morning. I hated the porridge but loved the yeast. And now when I take a spoon I want another and another and I eat way too much! :eek:
    Same with cod liver oil. I loved it as a child, I still remember the taste. I wanted to drink the whole bottle.
    I wonder if there is anything bad about eating tons of nutritional yeast. I guess it cant be good? I will have to limit it to max a spoon/day. And regular liver and eggyolks in addition to 100mg supplemental Thiamine/day. I think that is a good Thiamine plan.

caroline likes this.
  11. Inger

Inger Silver

Well, if the hospital is really bad nnEMF wise, this would not surprise me :(
    It is pretty scary in fact. Seems hospitals starts to be pretty dangerous places to be in... and it is only getting worse.

caroline, Alex97232 and drezy like this.

12. Inger thanks a million for this information...the nutrional yeast hook up in combo with thaimine supp has been prolific for me. Awesome results!

Jackie Beatty and Inger like this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

nutritional yeast

What is it?
    Is that a baker's yeast?

upload_2020-2-17_12-39-4.png

upload_2020-2-17_12-42-36.png

14. DLO

DLO StarFish

Carol Palmer likes this.
  15. Nutrional is dead....ie not active....not Bakers. I go for the non fortified....ie natural

16. Inger

Inger Silver

So glad it has helped you :) :)
    It has helped me too!

17. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

Just as an FYI, I have been using sulbutiamine (B1) for almost 6 months now at 1/8tsp/day. I'm not sure what that translates to in mg's. I have noticed increased mental clarity and recall. I've also used it with quite a number of patients as well and all have noticed positive results (mainly diabetics w/peripheral neuropathy, those who drink a little more than they should and those with mitochondrial based diseases [long list]). It does not taste good, so I take it with my last sip of coffee in the morning. The coffee maskes it well. Here is some data for those interested.
    Sulbutiamine shows promising results in reducing fatigue in patients with multiple sclerosis.
    Sulbutiamine is a lipophilic compound that crosses the blood-brain barrier more readily than thiamine and increases the levels of thiamine and thiamine phosphate esters in the brain.

Abnormal Thiamine-Dependent Processes in Alzheimer’s Disease. Lessons from Diabetes

Sulbutiamine potentiates cholinergic and glutamatergic transmissions, mainly in the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex. A multicenter, randomized and double-blind trial evaluated the effects of the association of sulbutiamine to a cholinesterase inhibitor on cognitive functions in patients with AD at an early stage (episodic memory, working memory, executive functions, attention). Patients first had anti-cholinesterase or sulbutiamine for three months. During this period, attention improved in both groups. During the three following months, one group received a placebo with the anticholinersterase and one group received sulbutiamine with the anticholinersterase. Compared to entry results, episodic memory decreased in the group with anticholinersterase but improved in the group with sulbutiamine plus anticholinersterase. At the same time the improvement of attention persisted in both groups. Activities of daily living also improved in the sulbutiamine group (Ollat H et al., 2007).

Inger, JanSz and Lahelada like this.
  18. Katejc

Katejc Silver

I asked my doctor about intramuscular or intravenous thiamine and it's an expensive product in Australia (unless you're an alcoholic and no doubt they'd dose you up in hospital with B1 for free). So I just tried thiamine tablets from the pharmacy. Very noticeable positive effect on me within 24 hours. I had more energy, my appetite improved, fatigue reduced significantly, well-controlled tendency to constipation improved significantly, sleep improved, immune system response changed etc etc.

I'll keep going on this one and go and see my integrative medicine doctor for more advice on this.

My EHS definitely falls into the catogory of CFS/ EHS so it fit Jack's bill of people responding to high dose thiamine very well.

It's clear some people will have a functional deficiency in thiamine (rather than a dietary one) even if not raging alcolholics (who are at risk of thiamine deficiency) and this would put them at risk of losing energy and increased oxidative stress at a mitochondrial level. Combine a tendency to thiamine deficiency with a high digital load - which has been shown in a couple of reviews to be an oxidative stressor - and there is your perfect storm.

Here is one of the reviews on this matter - available from the authors via ResearchGate if you want it:

Bandara P, Weller S. Biological effects of low-intensity radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation—time for a paradigm shift in regulation of public exposure.
    Radiat Protect Australas. 2017; 34: 2-6

Lahelada and Inger like this.