1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Therabulbs a good choice for red lights in home?

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Michael CULLEN, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

https://www.therabulb.com/?rfsn=1870744.d95f94

• 120V For Use in US, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and other countries with 110-120V electrical systems. NOT FOR USE IN EUROPE, ASIA, AFRICA, OCEANIA.
    • Coated With Protective Silicone to Provide Shatter Resistance
    • High Intensity 250 Watt Near Infrared Thermal - Red Light Therapy Light Bulb
    • TheraBulb Designed to Maximize Near Infrared Output, NIR-A, IR-A, Red Light Therapy
    • Emits Optimal Near Infrared Healing Wavelengths 700 nm to 1000 Nanometers
    • Peak Output at 750 nm
    • TheraBulb Double Reflective Red Coat - Applied to Reduce Visible Light Emitted and Maximize Non - Visible Infrared Output
    • Free of Lead, Teflon, and Mercury
    • Emits Very Little EMF
    • Fits Standard US Socket E26 Rated at 250 Watts
    • Size R40: 6.5 Inches High by 5.25 Inches in Diameter
    • Not for Use in Infrared Saunas - Use Near Infrared Bulb - 250 Watt Instead
    Not for replacing the sun of course, but for use in home/replacing led?

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

@JanSz pointed these out to me.

I own 3 of these and use them if any of us need any light at night.

I can attest to the "low emf" at least on my power grid. A Cornet meter shows that at 3.5' away all fields are the same as having the light off (aka the light is negligible at 3.5' distance).

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

4. Billybats

Billybats New Member

So that bulb would be only used after sunset when needed. What about in the morning if one has to be up before sunrise.

Thank you

5. drezy

drezy Gold

6. Michael CULLEN

I have ordered one to put in my lamp. I want to try it for back and neck pain. I will also try it for lighting up my room.

7. drezy

drezy Gold

In my wife's 11'x14' home office the 250W unit lights the room right up.

8. Michael CULLEN

That is very similar size to my room. We are dark here in the UK at 4.30PM. I need some lights on to eat, read etc. Is there any issue with being under red lighting for hours? Eye issues?

9. drezy

drezy Gold

That's early.

It's bright enough that my son chides my wife to close her door if it's dark outside so the light does not get into his room.

By "letter of the law" here now you can read multiple posts from Doc claiming to exclude "ALAN" (artificial light after night). I suspect he's saying this for a very good reason.

If an e-ink (non-backlit) reader could have what you were reading on it, would that be of use?

10. drezy

drezy Gold

There are also assistive technologies out there for assisting with reading.

I've been keeping an eye on the Mycroft project ( https://mycroft.ai ).

Thin Siri or Alexa without all the data collection or ultimately any internet connection needed.

It's part of the roadmap to allow functionality with zero outside network activity. I like the concept of no privacy pillaging.

"A goal of the Mycroft project is to make this technology is available to everyone. Some in the world do not have access to high speed internet connections, and many are concerned about their privacy. A Personal Server can provide the core services delivered by Mycroft Home -- STT, TTS and web settings -- without ever reaching outside of the local network."

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There is a blog with picture of black light in Jack's daughter's bedroom.
    There is a lots of visibility at 660nm and (315–400)nm
    All that may be less tolerable in 5G.