1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Theory: caffeine and/or nicotine offer(s) some sort of protection from non-native EMF

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Hansen Kenimer, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Hansen Kenimer

Hansen Kenimer New Member

Right. I just turned 40 and know my progesterone has dropped a bit.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

more than a bit.

3. Hansen Kenimer

Ah, Jack. You call us out on everything, don't you? ;-)

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I must to get you to see what youre missing.

5. Hansen Kenimer

I know I'm missing a lot. So much information to assimilate!

6. Inger

Inger Silver

Where did your post disappear where you wondered about iced coffee, HK..?

I wanted to respond but I cannot find it... I just wanted to say I love my coffee cold....... I always drink it cold. With whole cardamom seeds. So yummy! To me cold coffee tastes way more, and better. IDK why!
    In Finland there is an old saying, "kylmä kahvi kaunistaa" = cold coffee makes beautiful. lol
    But I seldom get anything warm in my mouth anymore. Maybe I just do not like warm stuff.
    My food is almost only cold.. even my steaks, if I make me any! They are cold inside and lukewarm outside because I fry them so gently and shortly

7. Hansen Kenimer

I thought it was kind of silly, so I deleted it. But I HAVE noticed icing my coffee gives the caffeine a kick. I'll have to try the cardamom. I love anything spiced, so it sounds wonderful!

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hansen, perhaps with the ice you are getting the water in your coffee more structured, and therefore more palatable? I bet if you put your coffee and ice in a blender, to introduce more oxygen, it would taste even better. Hmm, now I'm interested. :)

Shijin13 likes this.
  9. Hansen Kenimer

Excellent idea! Let's try!

Shijin13 likes this.
  10. Penny

Penny New Member

the cardamom also helps your p450 enzymes work to break down the coffee... I was wondering about the whole hot vs. iced coffee thing - it seems we should drink everything cold, but I was wondering if when you heated coffee/tea even if you then iced it, wouldn't it wreck the memory of the water? I sometimes take the coffee, add nuts/coconut greens, ice and it really gives me energy...

Shijin13 likes this.
  11. Penny

Penny New Member

thanks for this post - I started sweating a few times last week - then took the progesterone cream - I hardly ever remember to take it - actually, I have no idea if wild yam is good because of the progesterone effect or the magnetic effect - will progesterone cream help with electron flow or do you need the wild yam?

12. Psyche

Psyche New Member

What a great thread about caffeine. I have the exact same experience with coffee and craving it incessantly while at work (in downtown Asheville NC) but not at home where I live 50 miles away in the country. I really thought the coffee thing was unique to me! I always drank a lot, but after the Leptin reset, and all the CT I do, and all the changes I'm making, I really notice the coffee craving is only overwhelmingly strong while I'm at work.

I also relate to the the positive personality changes you mention, and even if I do say so myself, I feel a LOT smarter, too!! :)))

13. Psyche

Psyche New Member

Hansen can I ask where you purchase the diosgenin?

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

This thread just slapped me up side the head... total awesomeness...

and now I need to start testing my office at my company hq... I've been spending more time here (2-3x/week) for the past 3 months... and now I understand what's driving some of my hormonal isseus...

15. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

This is precisely what I'm experiencing. Love to read this Hansen!

Shijin13 likes this.
  16. Psyche

Psyche New Member

I purchased Wild Yam capsules the other day. Label read: "Dioscorea villosa 400mg". I googled "diosgenin" and came across this item stating that dioscorea villosa does not contain diosgenin. HMMM....I am perplexed on two counts- firstly, I have had exactly the same reaction to Wild Yam as Hansen. Taking it immediately reduced my desire for caffeine- WHY? And if diosgenin is not responsible, what IS having this effect?? thanks to anyone who wants to weigh in...also- context may be huge here. I am 48 yo female, perimenopausal.

https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/MediHerb/Wild-Yam-Complex#.VdtHFMLbKX0

"It is widely misconstrued that Dioscorea villosa contains diosgenin and many products have this as a statement on their labels. However it does not contain diosgenin, but rather the diosgenin precursors. Traditionally Dioscorea villosa was believed to contain predominantly dioscin, however, the origin of this assignment is unclear (dioscin is a steroidal glycoside precursor of diosgenin). The phytochemical profile of Wild Yam is poorly-defined and based on scientific literature from the 1940s. MediHerb undertook a project in conjunction with Associate Professor James De Voss, Chemistry Department, from the University of Queensland, Australia to investigate the phytochemistry. Commercially available Dioscorea villosa is in the form of dried roots, usually harvested at the end of summer or fall when the plant is dying back to its rootstock. It was found that these roots contained only very small amounts of dioscin, not the predominance as previously thought. The major saponin found in the fall harvested roots were in fact the furostanol-based saponins, methylparvifloside and methylprotodeltonin, while the spirostanol-based saponins, Zingiberensis saponin I and deltonin were the major saponins for samples harvested in summer. The storage saponins from the fall differ from the summer saponins by the presence of an extra glucose at the C-26 position of the diosgenin base structure. The two main compounds found in commercial material – harvested in the fall – are significantly different from dioscin by having an extra one or two glucose residues in methylprotodeltonin and methylparvifloside respectively. All of these compounds have been reported from other Disocorea species, however, the profile of saponins was different in the other species."

17. Hansen Kenimer

All I know is that for me, wild yam keeps me from short-cycling (corrects my shortening luteal phase), totally halts heavy menstrual bleeding, and keeps my sex drive humming along. I suspect it also has an impact on pheromone production, judging from my husband's reactions to me on and off it. ;) I hold steady at 2-3 cups of coffee a day at work when I'm taking it, as opposed to at least 8 before I discovered it.

18. Psyche

Psyche New Member

Thanks, Hansen...my guess is it's helping lowered progesterone levels (??). It's pretty damn amazing stuff! Today is the first day at work where I've been taking it, and I've not had ANY coffee so far:)))

19. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

From what little I've read, diosgenin can be made into progesterone and DHEA in the lab - but NOT in the human body.

http://www.naturalhormonetherapy.co.nz/hormones-progesterone.html
    https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/970.html

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

there are no short cuts........just beliefs they exist

Shijin13 likes this.