1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Wonders Of Hemp Oil......

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Thor, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Thor

Thor Banned

I could be blind and missed it so bare with me - I haven't read anything on here about Hemp Oil.  I'm shocked nobody has mentioned using it.  Hemp oil can actually fix bad DNA  [​IMG]   It's a rogue repairman running lose inside you fixing damaged DNA. 

Research on the use of Hemp Oil found it to be a major factor in DNA repair. Hemp has the perfect ratio of Omega fatty acids (Omega 3 and Omega 6) needed by the human body. One ‘job’ of Omega 3 is cellular repair. Hemp is 65% protein, 35% of which is globulin edestin protein. It is the protein that is closest to human globulin, and is very easily digestible by the body.

The protein is a major factor in DNA repair, as the cells use that protein to correct the DNA damage.

Because hemp is the highest source of Edestin protein it's responsible for boosting the immune system among many of it's benefits. Hemp oil has been proven to lower bad cholesterol, raise HDL, prevent strokes, and more....  see below (1)

Edestin is a globular protein (biologically active) as opposed to fibrous protein (structural). Edestin is a biologically active protein (most similar to globulins), and biologically active proteins are metabolized and used by the human body to manufacture antibodies (immunoglobulins), hormones, haemoglobin and enzymes.

Edestin has the unique ability to stimulate the manufacturing process of antibodies against invasive agents and contains a low aggravatory phosphor content (kidney ailments, etc.)

Globular proteins found in Edestin (and in Alpha 1 globulins, Alpha 2 globulins, Beta globulins and Gamma globulins) are long peptide-chains, precursors for biological proteins essential for life.

Purdue University; Hemp: A New Crop with New Uses for North America; Ernest Small, David Marcus; 2002

Hemp Oil: Benefits

• Hemp oil helps with hormonal balance. Hemp oil is the only  edible seed that contains gamma-linolenic acid. G.L.A is the precursor for the  production of the protective and calming prostaglandin PGE1 which helps regulate  hormonal balance and support menopausal health.
      [*]Hemp oil helps regenerate skin’s protective layer. Thanks  to its content of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, hemp oil has a composition  similar to skin lipids which makes it an excellent natural emollient and  moisturizer. It is an ingredient in many skin and body care products. Hemp oil  helps to calm irritated skin.
      [*]Hemp oil energizes the skin. Moisturizing, regenerating and  revitalizing, hemp oil is especially useful for dry, tired or dehydrated skin.  Skin regeneration and hydration of dry mature skin are enhanced through the use  of hemp oil. It increases the skin elasticity and water retention capacity in  tissues.
      Hemp oil has the ideal combination of fatty acids
      . Hemp oil  is the only vegetable oil that contains Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids in the  ideal ratio optimal for body needs.

Hemp Oil: Remedies

High Cholesterol Levels
    . The essential fatty acids from  hemp seeds and oil can help lower cholesterol levels by accelerating metabolic  processes. With a faster metabolism, fats burn faster and less are deposited on  top of muscle mass or in artery walls.
    Diabetes
    . For diabetics, the blood sugar index of hemp oil  is considered low because it has low carbohydrate content. It is also full of  nutrients that help moderate blood sugar levels.
    [*]Atopic dermatitis. Research has discovered that psoriasis  is caused by a deficiency of omega 6 fatty acids in the body. Therefore, hemp  oil is recommended as a complementary treatment. The fatty acids present in hemp  oil help improve skin oxygenation and hydration.
    [*]Weakened Immune system. Research shows that the omega-3 and  omega-6 fatty acids improve the immune system and regulate intestinal flora,  thus building a natural barrier against microbes and increasing the resilience  of the body.
    Demyelination of Nervous system
    . The essential fatty acids  are necessary for a healthy cell membrane structure, especially the nerve cells  of the myelin shield (which groups the nerve cells). Hemp oil is recommended for  those who have already suffered from the process of demyelination where nerve  membranes lose their myelin sheath.
    Varicose veins
    . Like other compounds high in omega-3s, hemp  oil can thin your blood, reducing blood clots and varicose veins.

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I don't know about the oil but I have a couple of pounds of hulled hemp seeds in the freezer. They're yummy. Next batch of cococrack I'm gonna add some seeds to the mix. thanks for reminding me!

3. Thor

Thor Banned

As a Chef - I'm always thinking about food and science behind it.  Do I dear ask what's "coco-crack"??  You're making another batch?  [​IMG]

is it legal in most states?

4. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

DUDE ... you're a chef?!  How'd you go from biology to cooking?  Or am I remember that wrong?

Cococrack ... mmmm and perfectly legal, LOL.  I have since improved on the general recipe (and not the first one either) ... take a jar of coconut butter/manna.  If you're in a cold area you'll need to nuke it about 30 seconds to warm it up enough to move.  Dump into a bowl with 40 grams -- more or less depending on your taste -- of dark chocolate (the less sugar the better).  I like to add about 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips because it seems to smooth it out a touch but if that's too much sugar you can just skip it.  Add as much sweetener of your choice as you want.  I have pure sucralose in my kitchen and it doesn't take much. Last time I used the equivalent of half a cup of sugar and it was just about perfect.

Nuke again for about 30 seconds and then stir stir stir.  You may need to nuke again if you have a weeny microwave like we do.

Once it's all nice and melted and combined you can either leave it in the bowl and just eat with a spoon when the mood hits or stir in whatever.  It does take a while to set back up though.  I put it out on the floor of the porch (ceramic tiles get really cold in the winter so it's like having a walk-in cooler.  

Last time I added chopped walnuts and poured it out into a buttered pan (never can have enough butter, right?).  I'm still working on it.  I just hack off a piece whenever the mood hits.  Next time I'm adding hemp seeds. And maybe a few chopped walnuts.

Oh and the original recipe called for pure coconut oil.  People on another forum could NOT stop eating the stuff hence the name, cococrack.  I could never get ANY sweetener to evenly distribute through the oil no matter what I tried.  The butter/manna is a much better medium for that.  You know how oil doesn't like to mix with anybody.

5. Thor

Thor Banned

yum - I'll work on that this week.  I started out in bio-chemistry field and combined science with cooking.   My first love is still science.  but what girl can't resist a guy that can cook, clean, and do the dishes [​IMG]      I was thinking ahead !

6. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

LOL, smart man!   Add in doing the laundry and running the vac and you're golden!

7. NittDan

NittDan New Member

Well, it's about 80% PUFA...would have to be refined, unless you mash it from seed yourself.  The fatty acid profile is not brain oriented, and of course as a PUFA, oxidation is an issue.  Jack made some comments here about flaxseed oil sometime back...he "ain't a fan".

8. endless

endless New Member

I'm not a fan either, but I WILL use some shelled hemp seed occasionally. For oils I will stick to avocado and coconut.

9. Martha Barger

Martha Barger New Member

I have an empty carton of Organic Manitoba Harvest Hemp Yeah Protein Powder sitting on my desk to reorder so wanted to know what the forum thought of Hemp Protein... saw that Jack Kruse ain't a fan of Hemp... so wondering if there is a protein powder that is acceptable? I saw about Whey option... but wondering which type and brands. Pumpkin, hemp, squash, pea... all processed to make into a power as I do not have any options for making a healthy green or protein powder. A few years ago I got into a bad habit of having a smoothie 1/4 to whole banana, 1/4 to half a cup low sugar berries (no strawberry or blueberry) different but mostly single protein and green powders with almond or pea milk and the kitchen sink of other stuff from sunflower Lecithin for phosphatidylcholine to nuts,seeds and oils etc.
    Me thinks better to just eat organic, 'whole, real, local, seasonal food. I've also noticed that Dr. Kruse is not a fan of flax seed either... I crave toasted flax seed but rarely indulge in due to my hypothyroidism.

JanSz likes this.
  10. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

http://www.healing-source.com/ in Alberta, Canada has various hemp products including the protein powder. I have ordered from them and the quality is good. (grown in S. Alberta)

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

phosphatidylcholine
    ----------------------------
    Often ordinary lecitin is called phosphatidylcholine (and that may follow with pointing to a very low price for it).
    Ed Kane's blood pressure raises and he explains the similarities and differences.
    ------

upload_2019-12-1_19-37-44.png