1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The village where people melt away

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by fitness@home, May 7, 2014.

1. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

The village where people melt away: Brazilian farming community made up of skin disease sufferers for whom working in the sun is a way of life... and potentially fatal
    • Araras has largest group of people suffering from xeroderma pigmentosum
    • Those with disease, also known as XP, are sensitive to ultraviolet rays
    • Is a burden for town in country's midwest where outdoor work is vital
    • Twenty people in the population of 800 are said to have genetic condition

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2621553/The-village-people-melt-away-Brazilian-farming-community-skin-disease-sufferers-working-sun-way-life-potentially-fatal.html#ixzz3144kQVfY

What a horrible disease!

2. elizabeth north

elizabeth north New Member

Dear Fitness@Home... Love your CS Lewis quote. I'm a big fan!

I have a friend whose 2 yr old daughter was just diagnosed with XP. I'm interested what Dr K has to say about this. Sounds like a severe mineral imbalance (copper toxicity?), and an environmental imbalance to me. This little toddler's family lives in a recreational vehicle. I'm sure the electromagnetic field all around her is very toxic. Now, her condition seems it will only get worse because she is outdoors even less; no sunlight, no grounding! Her dad is gone all the time, travelling for work, and her mom is vegan! The kid is doomed! What can I share with them to help them see the light. Pun intended!

fitness@home likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This and retinitis pigmentosa share a lot of things.

4. elizabeth north

Jack, Thank YOU for your wisdom, and generosity in sharing it. You provide a 'medical' voice that is unique and sensible and a blessing!

Another favorite quote: "You can't change people's blind spots. They can't see them, that's why they're called blind spots. Just be loving. They'll see through them when they're ready."

Yes, a lot of people are ignorant, and it's sad; many of those entrusted to keep us healthy, i.e. doctor's, have been deceived and left ignorant too!
    Thanks for sharing the thread. Can I refer my friend to call you about her 2 year old? Their family life is hell right now, and they could use a ray of hope. :>)

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This "be loving" thing feels like a fraud to me.
    It sucks to high heaven.
    I wish there was a better solution.

6. elizabeth north

Ahhh, that's because 'being loving' isn't a thing.

7. drezy

drezy Gold

Jan and I are very different people but I'm with him on this one.

"being loving" while someone you do actually love chooses to make decisions that prompt mother nature to recycle their molecules faster doesn't really feel productive or even sane. I think I agree with Jan on that.

8. elizabeth north

WHAT IF your focus was to be loving, instead of how fast someone's molecules recycle?

Who's to say what is productive or sane?

Being loving is a choice.