1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The un-official Telomere before and after thread

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by hellojtm, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

Resurecting an old thread, but here's a comment by Jack on this topic: "81 to 55 in WBC telomere change. 51 to 29 was the best in an obesity case."

@NeilBB, did you ever re-test your telomeres or consider trying to lengthen them? I recently tested mine and found I have ~85yo telomeres and I'm only 37. Typically I've always looked younger than my age...people typically guess I look 5-10 years younger than I am. I still get ID'd at the liquor store...

After reading up on telomeres, it's unclear whether short telomeres is a symptom of aging or a disease process, or the cause. If they're just a symptom, I wonder if lengthening them should even be a priority.

2. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

I haven't retested that. Focused on other areas instead.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

Ok, thanks. Hope you're doing well. :)

NeilBB likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator